Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

starting a WB LaTD armie
Old 20 Jul 2007, 12:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default starting a WB LaTD armie

OK i know thatthe new Dex is coming out but i thought i may as well use this as a big opportunity to choose a path of chaos to follow. i really want to do a word bearers army but I'm hoping all the cool stuff they can have is gonna get the chop. Also i use LaTD so i thought that these two would be a good fluffy army. basically I'm asking for advice with what to take and what the best base tactics are for this army? also i was skimming through the cults and i wanted to know is there gonna be separate boards for cults of nurgle etc, if so will there be a Undivided one??
Old 20 Jul 2007, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: starting a WB LaTD armie

I doubt there will be separate boards for each god, especially as 5 out of 9 legions are undivided so it doesn't make much sense to shove over half the legions in one forum while the other 4 each get their own. Especially seeing as with the new codex you can field followers from all the gods in 1 army by my understanding.

As for LaTD, they will no longer be playable when the new dex comes out. Like the Dark Angels and Eldar, there will be no more armoury so you can't equip over half your units. Other units won't exist anymore in the new Dex or will be different than they suggest in the LaTD list. If you want to field LaTD your only option right now is IA5's renegades list, but the cost can be prohibitive to buy the book from forgeworld and the army would still be non-tournament legal.
ArchHeretic Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2007, 05:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nick,

There is chatter about a demon codex, maybe with cultists. Just wait, then you'll have your demonic themed CSM army. LatD are sadly dead. My RT store lets us play LatD in RT tournaments, so double check with your local store and still may be worth pursuing even for a friendly army. Demons in LatD are somthing i've never experimented with, but mutants really are better and cheaper and do the same thing in the end. Maybe make a small CSM/LatD army. Get the ropes down. When we get that fabled demon codex (though i'm sure it'll be more in the form of a WD article) you will definently be able to merge the two list (ala Imperium). Play basic new CSMs, paint them up Word bearers red, play some games, develop a taste for the army, then when Codex: Demons comes out, there you go ;D..

Quote:
Also i was skimming through the cults and i wanted to know is there gonna be separate boards for cults of nurgle etc, if so will there be a Undivided one??
The chaos cults got waaaay to spammy, In the wake of the new dex, Im sure FT and Ged will sticky good things as they come out. The FoC forum has little traffic, if you got anything important to say, make a new thread.

Welcome to the forces of Chaos, may nurgle bless you with 10,000 STDs.

- Lord Syph

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2007, 05:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel
OK i know thatthe new Dex is coming out but i thought i may as well use this as a big opportunity to choose a path of chaos to follow. i really want to do a word bearers army but I'm hoping all the cool stuff they can have is gonna get the chop. Also i use LaTD so i thought that these two would be a good fluffy army. basically I'm asking for advice with what to take and what the best base tactics are for this army? also i was skimming through the cults and i wanted to know is there gonna be separate boards for cults of nurgle etc, if so will there be a Undivided one??
Nickle,

Welcome to the Chaos Board. I'll be your (daemon)host while your here; so if there is anything that you need, please feel free to PM me. Word Bearers have nothing to fear from the new Dex. The new Daemon Summoning and FOC Rules are awesome, and the Dark Apaostle (while his rules will be different) will still be buildable. Their fluff is, and has always been, great in all of it's dark fanatacism.
While LatD is going away as we know it, GW is starting to get the message that it's demise will be unwelcome to their pocketbooks. I am praying that this means that they will be included in the near future. :-\ (I play LatD too... :'( )
The Cult threads are quite dead and with a good purpose: They were little more than a source of useless spam, and too big to navigate effectively. If you post requesting help with your army and fluff then we will be glad to oblige you.
To help you keep from rookie mistakes: 1) Please don't post full statlines or individual item costs in your lists. (Though total cost for a unit/character is OK) 2) PLease take a look ot the forum rules.

Welcome to the Eye,
Pray you do not Die,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2007, 05:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Sian Kytonus (Ged)
and the Dark Apaostle (while his rules will be different) will still be buildable.
I didn't know he was coming back. Thats very relieving.

Old 21 Jul 2007, 05:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Syphilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Sian Kytonus (Ged)
and the Dark Apaostle (while his rules will be different) will still be buildable.
I didn't know he was coming back. Thats very relieving.
Lord Syphilis,

He won't be as he is now, but he will be buildable if that makes any sense. :-\ Special Units will no longer be unique to each force, but they can be roughly built.

Sorry for the lack of clarity,
not much longer now,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2007, 17:02   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks all, i do actually run a LaTD list in mi local store comps but have only just come into understanding the way they work(this involved buying CSM) i was lookin through the book yeah an WB just yelled MAKE ME LEIGON!!!
im gettin a few mixed signals on the future of the LaTD(if they go then i wasted alot of money > )this codex demons sounds right up my alley ;D

well that LaTD thing should get remade common GW i showed the list to 20 people said it was a good list but it was a hard one to play. but its a really good list in my opinion it just reaked character and if it is no longer alive then i feel that the chaos will suffer, this will only affect a niche of LaTD players but if you think about it it makes sense! these guys are what chaos is about weak men who turn from the weakling emporeror corpse to receive power by chaos!
i love the emotion you see on peoples faces when they lay down a few big models then you set down these big units of 15 with Hvy wps and then a few chaos marines.
:'(
oh an sian i get what you mean (he wont be the same in rules but him and his equipment will be buildable)
thanks every one for this warm (if not horrifing) welcome to the dark powers
Old 21 Jul 2007, 17:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel
i showed the list
Can we see the list?

Old 21 Jul 2007, 17:16   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior