Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

what does chaos have to offer
Old 12 Jun 2007, 10:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default what does chaos have to offer

Im thinking of joining the dark side and starting a chaos army, is there any chance that my fellow cultists could tell me what chaos has to offer?
thanks
Old 12 Jun 2007, 10:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: what does chaos have to offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_sparky
Im thinking of joining the dark side and starting a chaos army, is there any chance that my fellow cultists could tell me what chaos has to offer?
thanks
Name it.

Chaos has CC, Hordes, Daemons, Infiltration, Shooting, Armour, Rushes, Static, Elites, Super-HQs, and Nurglings.

Seriously, what do you want?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Good another cultists soon soon... Any way chaos has lots of abilitys but there pricey they have very tough troops but there point heavy but its worth it trust me have a look at there codex and you will come to the dark side.

Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:38   #4 (permalink)
Anton

Well, it all depends upon you, first of all. Tell us a bit about yourself: What armies do you currently play? What type of armies are you up against? What do you like about Chaos?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 12:08   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Naked women - and a perfectly reliable excuse to use them
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lt_Sparky

In a Nutshell: [glow=purple,2,300]...UNLIMITED POWER!!!...[/glow] To broaden that just a bit into three major points: Flexibility, Daemons, and Evil! >
FLEXIBILITY: This army can literally do ANYTHING. You want assault? You can out-assault Orks and 'Nids! You want firepower? You can out-shoot the Tau and the IG! You want to mix it up? you can plan youe mix ti the last detail and lack for nothing! You can customize just about any kind of character that your heart desires, and are not even limited to the humanoid form. You can (and will!) go crazy with it. ;D
DAEMONS: No one else has them, or can summon them to the field the way we do! Tired of getting your Monsterous Creature HQ (C'Tan, Hive Tyrant, Avatar, etc.) shot to peices from accross the field? Hide your Greater Daemon in a Daemonhost and have him march alongside your other normal sized troops until he reaches the goal, and then have him leap howling from the warp into the host, and transform into his MC form within assault range of your foes! Need fast counterassault to wherever it's needed? Look no further than Daemon Pack and Daemon Beasts to materialize right in front of your shooty squads to tear the enemy limb from limb. YEE-aAH! :rockon:
EVIL: Sorry 'Crons, move over 'Nids: [glow=purple,2,300]WE ARE THE BAD GUYS!!! [/glow] We do not devour without thought, we meticulously plan the demize of our foes with malice aforethought, for personal gain, and for the glory of darkness and strife. We are Lord Sideos (Tzeenchian Sorcerer-Lord), Hannibal Lechter (Slanneshi Chef!), Skeletor (Tzeenchian Sorcerer), Megatron (Statured IW daemon Prince with a Kai-Gun for a Bazooka; Woot!), Mum-Ra (Nurgle Lord!). Any twisted villain worth his salt will find a counterpart within our ranks. The forces of my House Bellemuerte have rendered the bodies of entire planetary populations into combat stims, drunk the blood of the innocent, (No really, they have a completely corrupted version of the Blood Angels Gene-Seed!) and commited orgies of pleasure, destruction, and gluttony (all at once) in the name of the Prince of Pleasure. >

Chaos is some bad Mutha F*****'s!!!
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2007, 16:27   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok well i currently play Nid. Im a little foggy on the whole deamon thing on how they are summoned and stuff because to be honest never played against chaos.

Most common opponent is my best friend and he plays Tau, basically i want to make paste out of the little blue boys.

I dont like the idea of hordes because i play Nid so that "old news". I thought about it and it would be cool to have some fast assaulters with some really scary covering fire, but i havent made a chosen yet so at this point anything.

In short anything that does the paste thing
Old 12 Jun 2007, 16:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_sparky
In short anything that does the paste thing
Lt_Sparky link,

Mmmmm... Tau paste... ^-^ *Puts on Chef's Hat* Hq is Chaos "Torpedo Lord" and/or "Torpedo LT" (Run a search on "Torpedo Lord" or "The Torpedo" and you'll find'em...) backed with summoned Daemonettes for troops, Chaos Bikers, and a few havoc Squads with Tank Hunting Autocannons = Tau Soup. Wait, you wanted paste. Same recipe, add less water, and stir with a potato masher I guess. :funny:

Questions?
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:20   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i think what ged is describing is a daemonbomb army. The key concept is bikers turbo boost first turn into your opponents ranks. The next turn they summon a crap load of daemons. The daemons are either hideous iniative 5 rending attakers(poor mans harlequin) or space marines wth str5 invun saves and power weapons (bloodletters)

For minis check out
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...owtopic=111359

Magnus
Magnus the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:04   #10 (permalink)
Anton

Heya,

If you are really wanting to start a Chaos Space Marines army, it may be in your best intrests to wait until the new Codex and models are released. Things like "torpedo Lords" and "daemonbombing" will no longer be viable tactics, as rumoured with the new codex, Chaos Lords will now function like other forces Commanders, and not just one man armies.

In all honesty I think you would be better off waiting until the new releases, as the Chaos Space Marines will most likely have had a massive makeover.