Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

LatD Raptor Cult (bearing in mind the new codex on the verge)
Old 10 Jun 2007, 16:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default LatD Raptor Cult (bearing in mind the new codex on the verge)

I was thinking that now I have painted up a legal Chaos Force and I won't be buying much until the new codex comes out due to the massive amount of changes Ive heard about.

Now the reasons I got into 40k where Dreads (tho I hate chaos dread stats), bikes and RAPTORS!.

Now I want to break off a little from MessyArts legion to make my own sector of it. I was thinking due to being a nightlord fan a raptor cult would be great. With furies, winged muties!, raptors and a lord with D.flight. (Fluff wise) Of course Ulzar would have my tzeench Sorcerer look over the antics of this cult within his ranks. My only problem is I head raptors are having a price drop at the expense of a drop of the 'hit of run' rule. It hurts and makes it better at the same time I'm mixed about this still.

Also without the word of plastic raptors I may have to step up my conversion on plastic raptors (depending o what the new marks will do to raptors).

Well how would YOU guys represent a Raptor Cult that could hold its own in battle?
(I'm tempted to let them have a defiler due to its upcoming fleet ability and all other open h.support)
Old 10 Jun 2007, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: LatD Raptor Cult (bearing in mind the new codex on the verge)

If you are thinking of having a Tzeentch sorcerer leading the army then maybe a mixture of Tzeentch and raptors, that way you could have the bulwark fire support of Tzeentch with the spead and stealth of the raptors for objectives and fast strikes. Maybe a unit or two fo raptors with a leutenant with flight to represent a cult brainwashed by Tzeentch who are being used by your Tzeentch sorceror behind the obvious lines of the rubric marines.

That's how I'd be tempted to do it anyway.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 17:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: LatD Raptor Cult (bearing in mind the new codex on the verge)

Well a simple fix to that is adding a psycic power to your Raptor Lt. That suggests culty influences, and that yummy warp time spell will probably make up for the loss of furious charge.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote