Warhammer 40K Forum

How Do you kill the eldar psykers with chaos
Closed Thread
Old 23 Feb 2005, 20:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default How Do you kill the eldar psykers with chaos

i played a game last night 1000pt eldar vs chaos

eldar had

2 tanks (shooting during the movement phase then hiding)

group of 3 D-cannons

psyker craftworld seer councel

and 2 groups of troops

My chaos
K0rN~
Bloodthirster
2 groups of bezerkers
5 motorcycles (with aspiring champion and melta wepons)
defiler

He went first - popped out the blood thirster with d-cannons
and blasted the defiler (by flying on a building - shooting - then flying off the building with the tanks)

my plan was to jet boost the bikes into his base but it didnt work as he went first.

Maybe should i of used thousand sons or something?
maybe iron warriors with more heavys
how would you fight that kind of elf list with chaos?
Old 23 Feb 2005, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: How Do you kill the eldar psykers with chaos

Khorne is always going to have trouble when you are going against an all shooty army like that but I dont think it was your list perchance. You had stuff that could all take down his own things it sounds as if luck went against you. He had a great first turn. Id try it out again and see how it goes before doing something different. There will always be those hard matchups, best way to find out if your a good general is to make them easy.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 01:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Eldar are notorious for having the upper hand for shooting against marines, however, Khorne has a little help on their side.

To start, you should try and get a rhino or two. And I would probably lose the blood thirster as he's too easy to shoot down with Eldar. Instead, take a Lord with daemonic speed that does not have stature, with the aura and feel no pain with essense. He can take quite a bit of punishment and once he slams into the front lines (with some S5 lightning claws) the Eldar cannot deal with him very easily.

Otherwise, those berserkers need to be in rhinos, even if it's only for a turn to gain mobile anti-line-of-sight machines.

The bikes are actually a good choice, but Khorne models in power armour cannot upgrade ranged weapons (so no meltas on bikes unfortunately). These bikes are combat filled and daemon summoners, and that's about it. Great distraction unit though.

The key with Eldar, is to simply have more models than he can shoot down. D-cannons are not going to be a problem because their range is only 24 inches. If you have bodies within 24 inches, you're ready to assault (you can take two khorne lts. instead of that blood thirster, both with speed, and just race to those front lines... the only thing that will stop them are S8+ weapons.

Don't forget your collars!

Also, I personally wouldn't take a Defiler against eldar. It's too big of a target and Eldar can bust them with no problems. Battle cannons are good against power armour... not concealed cover saving guardians. I would go for more berserkers with the champs and talismen instead.

Also, don't underestimate the power of chaos hounds / flesh hounds of khorne. Fast units win the day against Eldar.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 16:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Mal - thank you that gave me alot of insight -

i got all the bezerkers into close combat with his troops the first turn and slaughterd em, then the seer council charged with witch blades and ended up killing all of the bezerkers. The bikes worked great. and DOH! i forgot i couldnt upgrade em to melta guns with korn... the bloodthirster was a mistake, i just really wanted to jet boost into his base and have a bloodthirster up in there tearing it up =p but a nicely upgraded lord would be better suited for elf smooshing.

Im thinking maybe nurgle , or slaneesh.. or maybe i could do night lords with there extra mobility to take it to the elves.

i like the feel no pain on the lord tho that is a good idea, and all the attacks from the korn banner is nice. hmm
i love the stratagy in this game lol

thanks
Old 25 Feb 2005, 20:20   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok tonight i am gonna get a rematch aginst the same eldar list and we are gonna have the same deployment and terrain. The other game we played was 2 on 2 teams and the defiler was to smack necrons 50 inches away =p this time its 1 on 1.

ok so i am gonna go with K0rN again

ive been throwing around differant demon prince configs.

Demon Prince setup 1 - 205pts
Mark o korn + 1 attack
feel no pain - 50% chance of fixing missed saves
coller- no mind war on d6 roll of 2+
-Bezerker Glaive - doubles attacks + cant join groups

Demonic gifts~
essence - 1 wound
mutation - 1 attack
resilience - 1 tough
stature - monsterous, +1 tough, +1str
flight - turns him into a happy bird, and confers the poop from above ability

coller- no mind war on d6 roll of 2+
- Korn Juggernaut +1 str, +1 wound, +1 attack + move as cavelry
-glaive

or maybe dreadaxe and stature

what would you guys do (i ran out of typing time =p )

Old 25 Feb 2005, 20:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

First of all, you cannot use special movement modes with the Berserker Glaive (no flight, no daemonic speed). And honestly, I'd say to leave the glaive at home anyways--Chaos lords can more than deal with those pesky little fellows and their farseers.

Chaos Lord - 181 points
Mark of Khorne
--Daemonic Stature
--Daemonic Resilience
--Daemonic Aura
--Daemonic Speed
--Daemonic Visage
--Dread Axe *
--Feel No Pain
--Collar of Khorne
Close Combat Weapon
Spiky Bits

This Lord has what you need to crush the Eldar boys. He wounds all their units on a 2 pretty much, so daemonic strength is not needed. Resilience is always good though, to help avoid wounds easier (making that 3+ save work less and using your feel no pain 4+ to avoid that once again). Speed is there to move a potential of 24 inches into combat each turn. This is too fast for Eldar to deal with. Even with a bad roll, you're in combat on turn two easily. Daemonic Visage is to aid in breaking Eldar in the combat phase--they are not fearless. Your lord counts as 10 models for outnumbering purposes. Then visage will drain another -2 from their moral check. You can have them running pretty easily. He has 5 attacks, and 6 on the charge. More than enough to beat down those Eldar. Spiky Bits wil allow him to re-roll a miss, should you fail hitting on a 3+. The dreadaxe of course helps you ignore all saves. The 5+ invulnerable save helps you out of course, but you can still ignore those fails with feel no pain (as long as you meet the criteria for using it). He's cheaper and overall just a machine for Eldar combat--and he still ignores any psychic power on a 2+.

Old 12 Mar 2005, 04:31   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

terminators are great against eldar. Use them. The can go great distances without dying. Once you are close enough to assult, you are in buisness. While smashing them with terminators, you can then send in a hale of fire to take out the remaining units.
Closed Thread