Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with Slaanesh DP
Old 04 Jun 2007, 00:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Help with Slaanesh DP

Hi folks,

I've just started building an Emperor's Children army, and figured it was time to try out a Statured Deamone Prince. I've always run a non-statured Lord with my Alpha Legion, but want to try something new with the EC:

The model is from the Inquisitor range, an unbound Daemon Host that I'm trying to model after a giant Daemonette. Stature, and Speed are a must (IMHO), but what else should it have?

- Yriel
Old 04 Jun 2007, 00:17   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Help with Slaanesh DP

Daemonic talons seems pretty evident, and maybe even doom siren (she screams at her enemies).

PS. Also kind of reminds me of the Warsingers from the Horus Heresy books :P
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2007, 17:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

O give it personal Icon and 7 minor psy. powers and summon daemmonets But other then that cheese the combat drugs are good, he (slanneshi) can be one of the better daemon prices out there.
Old 04 Jun 2007, 19:59   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Have you checked out the Slaaneshi Cult thread?? Me and Ged have hammered out a decent tactica concerning Slaaneshi lord builds.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2007, 21:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yriel,

Don't have long just now, but heres the link to wht SILK was talking about. [url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=40065.msg1058246486#msg1058246486]Lords and Princes[/quote]

That thread is getting unweildy. I think it's time to refine all of those tactica into Tactica: Slannesh...
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2007, 14:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Yriel,

Sweet model.

Stature & Speed as you listed are all you need essentially. From there, I would grab essence, resilience and venom and call it a day, or if you need more, maybe aura for the invulnerable save (personally I don't bother, I just take 4 wounds and get into melee asap).

However, I would note that pretty soon the new codex comes out and we may or may not still have the option of speed on our statured characters. I'm thinking we may lose it. Anyhow, if you're building an army now, I would consider sticking to simple things that are less likely to change before going too far with your more elaborate pieces which may get the axe in the new codex.

Cheers,
Old 05 Jun 2007, 19:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the insight guys.

Mal- you're absolutely right- I'm going for just a straight up monster that chews on people- nothing more! I just don't see a reason to dump so many points into a non-scoring unit, and it's just there to "get the party started", so to speak.

I'm also a bit tentative in building this army in the wake of the new codex. I've built and painted two units to go with the DP, but have not yet ordered things like the "sonic blasters for all" bits order I'm expecting to do, even though this sounds like it will not change. I'm planning on building this army very slowly, and would rather have a "characterful" army over a hyper-competitive one. I'd like to keep this model at or below 140pts.

Thanks again!

- Yriel
Old 08 Jun 2007, 02:10   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I recommend converting sonic blasters/blast masters. Its really fun, because your imagination can go wild. Also, having identical weapons seems un-slaanesh, and un-chaos in general.

Try using bits you have and cutting/modding other weapons. The bits that come with chaos tanks are really great, and the gargoylish heads make great weapon muzzles.

Cheers!
AThomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote