Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Khornate Fire Support Options: Tank Hunting Terminators!!!
Old 03 Jun 2007, 03:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Khornate Fire Support Options: Tank Hunting Terminators!!!

It has long been a staple of Nurgle armies to use Reaper Autocannons combined with the Tank Hunters Vet. Skill to allow effective anti-armor. Wile helping a new player with his Chaos Undivided CSM Army, we discovered that what is good for Nurgle is just as good for Khorne!
On page 47 of Codex: Chaos Space Marines it is noted that Models in Power Armor cannot use the normal weapons upgrade. The Wording is specific: Power Armor. Therefore Khornate Terminators (who are not wearing Power Armor) are able to upgrade to the Reaper Autocannon and Heavy Flamer as normal.
Now Consider the Following Build:

8 Chosen Terminators (Mark of Khorne x 8, Aspiring Champion with Unit Icon, Rage of Khorne, and Powerfist; Reaper Autocannon x 2, Tank Hunters x 8, Lightning Claws x 6, Powerfist x 1) – 470

You now have a unit with a ridiculous number of attacks, terminator resilience, speed borne of Blood Rage, (Yes, Termies can get Blood Rage Movement…) and Nasty CC goodness; which can also lay down fire support on the advance/Deepstrike to destroy the enemy from behind with Reaper Autocannon goodness. If you are not concerned with the Sacred Number, you can (as my young protégé did today) add a Ninth Terminator carrying a third reaper autocannon!

Thoughts?
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 03:19   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Lovefist
Default Re: Khornate Fire Support Options: Tank Hunting Terminators!!!

lol ged your a genius, along with whoever else helped think this crazy idea up, im tempted to go retool my army now.

chosen space marines, one elite slot and point per model
terminator armor, points per model
mark of khorne, points per model
the look on your opponent's face when khorne terminators deep strike and autocannon his tanks into swiss cheese, priceless

EDIT: Exact Points Costs Deleted; Total 41p/model is acceptable. Please refrain from posting actual points cost of individual wargear. - Ged

Mr. Bungle
"Love is a Fist"

I feel strongly about violence
Love is a fist

There's no effort
To what's in
Open faced
Knuckle sandwich

I feel strongly about violence

Love is a fist

fistloveisafistloveisafistloveisafistloveis...
Lovefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 05:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Very crafty Ged ^-^, cant say its never been done before.......... but it does work. Personally I like the Poxhammer. Give 7 termies combi meltas and dump them right in front of whatever you want dead. Works every time.

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 14:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Yeah, I've seen this done before. but the guy always charges rather than shoot so it's kind of a moot point.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 15:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Not bad very smart this could be useful imformation thanks

Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 16:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well so much for the pros but the load out you have listed has a few cons as well. In fact point for point a berserker squad would do better then a terminator squad head to head - doing the math hammer in cc assuming the berserkers probably have better or even chance of getting the assault first. I hate lightning clawed termies myself and definitely would prefer flamer over claws or storm bolters. This might b mute though as berserkers are rumored to be losing their chain axes in the new codex - can this be true? Talk about nerfing WE.
You also list blood rage as a positive when in fact it ca work against you too s you well know. Leading a group of termies around by their noses while you fire enough shot at them can be very bad. 2+ saves only protect you so long against sustained fire. I would use defilers, dreads and preds for my heavy support fist. Not that this tactic cannot work but I do not see it as points efficient. Unfortunately the new codex might make it much better - it seems we are losing nice options in every cult list. Someone needs to explan to me why they improve SM and weaken CSM.
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 20:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

its that blood rage that makes it not quite as good as nurgles. cus they mught just decide to blood rage and charge (no shooting when blood rage) on a crucial turn.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 22:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

It may be at the cost of a small army - but just think of the look on your opponents face!! Plus he'll have to move heaven and earth to get rid of that unit before it runs up and eats him...

Crafty.

You can even keep them back, via deepstrike, and hide them under the tabel a spring them as a big suprise and increase the shock value even more.

Must... resist... urge... to build... 18... khonate... terminators!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2007, 00:25   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hmmm, nice work Ged, karma awarded, although even if they can do that, I'm not re-tooling Caltox and his Chosen bodyguard... I'm paying 890 points for the "Destroyers" already :P.

[size=5pt]PS, that 890 points is a 5-man Chosen squad, 1 Lieutenant and 1 Iunsan Land Raider, so it isn't that bad . And Iunsan pattern Land Raiders are unique to my army since they come with a demolisher cannon and improved transport capacity and requires opponents permission, but I'm only using it in games of >3k so what the hell ;D[/size]
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2007, 02:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Also Tzeentch chosen that are not aspiring champions may take normal chosen weapon options if my print of the codex is correct?