Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ok i need serious help against the tau
Old 01 Jun 2007, 08:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Ok i need serious help against the tau

at the moment my friend has the tau £50 box set and can make a 500 point army with it and every time i play him i getting massacared cause i am slannesh and i am going to stick with them so how is it possible to beat tau in a 500 point game when ever i move anything it gets killed by shooting!!!

thanks for help in advance a good list would be helpful and i have most models so no need to worry about that

Chaos ;D "I Will never face defeat charge!!!"
Played 79
win:64
loss:10
draw:5

Tau "you do realise that fusion blaster just blew up your land raider yes?"
played 17
win 10
lose 6
draw 1

and now
Orks " how does 20 shots with 80 attacks on the charge sound to your powerfist terminators ?"
played 3
win 3
lose 0
draw 0
not forgetting...
"Waaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhh!!!!"
bails888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 09:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks
Default Re: Ok i need serious help against the tau

in 500pts pure slaanesh is tough, why dont you take Slaanesh lost and damned with some mutant fire diversion for the noise marines to close in, 20 muties is 120 points, 40 muties would be king, thats 280 pts then you could look at a unit of noise marines with infiltrate bolt pistols+CCW etc, then an oblit or two would definately help.

oblits own battlesuits, use them to Lascannon the suits, the muties should go for the firewarriors, a good tactic thats worked for me is taking 5 traitors with and icon, and a unit of daemonettes (yes no one takes the 5 traitors seriously aahahahhahaha) in my last 2500pt game i did this and summoned 12 daemonettes that killed a 10 man strong squad of possessed nurgle in one turn, then consolidated into a squad of termie chosen led by abbaddon killing the retinue and wounding him before dieing (extreme luck).
Actually daemons are really good against Tau, even if your still going pure noise marines 2 units of six would be a wise investment.
Old 01 Jun 2007, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ShasO Venom

hate to be the barer of bad news man but its going to be hard. i recomend heavy bolters and lots of them.
They KILL fire worriors on 2+.
not to sure of the Slan rules so i dont know if you can have them or not?
also get in to combat and quick. kroot are easy to kill so blow them away. take flamers if you have jungel or wood land tarraine as this is where kroot excel.

Venom!!
(¸.• (¸.•
ShasO Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 11:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

I would be tempted to take daemonnetts. Tau don't do to well in combat os if you can get close and summon them then you will most probably be in charge range the next turn. Mounted Daemonetts would get you there even faster as well, although you will have less in combat due to their higher cost.

Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 12:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How about moving the Noise Marines to Havocs, then filling as much of your troops slots as you can with Daemonettes and Daemonbomb?

..........and of course, there's always.....

Siren.

*gasps of terror*
Old 01 Jun 2007, 12:34   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Also as you guys increase your points you will start to balance the playing field. Chaos has a hard time in low point games because of how expensive things are. In 500 points my Deathguard army consists of 15 models (two squads of 7 marines and a Lt.) Tau can easily have 20+ models, a transport and a battlesuit or two. As you approach 1000 points you will start to balance out, you will be able to take more heavy weapons which will shred Tau troops and vehicles (hopefully, damn skimmers.)
orcspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 17:36   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well here is a list i am thinking of trying im trying to max out my shots so i can hopfully kill more tau than he can kill marines

luetenant
mark of slannesh
sonic blaster
melta bombs

6 noise marines
4 sonic blasters
1 blast master
free champion
sonic blaster
melta bombs

6 noise marines
4 sonic blasters
1 blast master
free champion
sonic blaster
melta bombs

dreadnaught
twinlinked auto cannons
misslepod
smoke launchers
extra armour

this list comes to 496 points my problem before was the devilfish as everytime i tryed to shoot it it was either out of range or i couldnt manage to roll a glancing or penetrating hit so instead of deamonettes i have added a dreadnaught so i can kill this before it becomes a big problem i have also armed all my me with sonic blasters so seeings he will infiltrate his kroot i can shoot them with weapons which are heavy 3 on turn 1 his commander is the only thing which can kill my dread really as ill make sure he cant get rond the back of it also the missle launcher will kill his leader instantly s8 vt4 and after he is dead they wont be able to touch the dreadnaught what do you guys think???

Chaos ;D "I Will never face defeat charge!!!"
Played 79
win:64
loss:10
draw:5

Tau "you do realise that fusion blaster just blew up your land raider yes?"
played 17
win 10
lose 6
draw 1

and now
Orks " how does 20 shots with 80 attacks on the charge sound to your powerfist terminators ?"
played 3
win 3
lose 0
draw 0
not forgetting...
"Waaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhh!!!!"
bails888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 17:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

I would strongly advise trying to outshoot the Tau at 500 points. The will have more guns than you and a straight out firefight will generally go their way.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 17:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

bails888,

Quick Question: Mech Tau or Static Tau? Vs. Static Tau you can bolster your numbers with Daemonettes, and simply infiltrate against him. Results = Turn 2 assault/Dead Tau. Mechaized Tau are more difficult, but Tank Hunting Autocannons (Yes I said autocannons, not Sonic Blasters... :P ) in a havoc Squad will do a number on them combined with the infiltrating Noise/Marine+Daemonette combo to hit them when they go down.

Just a stray thought,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 18:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetruck Of Doom
How about moving the Noise Marines to Havocs, then filling as much of your troops slots as you can with Daemonettes and Daemonbomb?

..........and of course, there's always.....

Siren.

*gasps of terror*
Sure, if you want to get the guy dreadsocked

Seriously though. I've seen Slaaneshi armies do horrible things to tau with their guns (and not in that way you sickos). The Sonic Blaster can churn out a horrendous number of shots. It will wound a fire warrior on the same die score as they wound you. The difference is your armour is better. If he stands close together blastmasters can have a field day. If you're using combat patrol rules (although that would probably render the dread illegal), he won't be able to use his hammerheads a blastmaster should be able to bring down almost any of the armour he may be using with a lil luck.

You've got some AP4 and a decent volume of shots coming out of your expensive models. Slaanesh is one of the armies I've seen outshoot tau and that's how they did it. Another thing to note is that with your sonic weaponry you can keep up a good volume of fire even as you advance, so if you're playing an objective mission you can move up and fire with good effect. You're a lil low on the numbers, but this is a small game, so unless he just spams fire warriors he will be too. I think if you minimize his chances of concentrating fire on your squads and take down any armour ignoring nastyness before it can do something, you've got a good chance. Don't underestimate kroot though. If he gets them in a wood he's got a darn fine cover save and in good enough numbers they can actually do soemthing in combat
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote