Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need help with combat patrol asap!
Old 23 May 2007, 04:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator
Default need help with combat patrol asap!

ok so my local GW is holding a combat patrol campaign this coming monday and i need help putting together a list asap.
all rules for combat patrol organization apply except i'm allowed 500 points.
I'm allowed one stratagem from cities of death. I'm not too familiar with these so i need some advice here too.
I've got about 35 mutants (most can be counted as leaping mutants), 14 traitors, Aspiring champions with power fists, a couple of Khorne berzerkers, and some other chaos charcters in the works.
I want a squad of leaping mutants in there for sure (i know they're expensive but they haven't failed me yet) i have no idea what else to use. any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
-Polzy

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: need help with combat patrol asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polzinator
ok so my local GW is holding a combat patrol campaign this coming monday and i need help putting together a list asap.
all rules for combat patrol organization apply except i'm allowed 500 points.
I'm allowed one stratagem from cities of death. I'm not too familiar with these so i need some advice here too.
I've got about 35 mutants (most can be counted as leaping mutants), 14 traitors, Aspiring champions with power fists, a couple of Khorne berzerkers, and some other chaos charcters in the works.
I want a squad of leaping mutants in there for sure (i know they're expensive but they haven't failed me yet) i have no idea what else to use. any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
-Polzy
Polzy,

Willl this follow all of the CoD rules, or are you just getting to borrow a strategem?

Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 06:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

I believe it follows all the rules.

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 02:13   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Leaping mutants are super expensive. Perhaps consider a small squad, upgraded to be a bit deadlier. They could be led by an aspiring champion with daemonic speed and a power weapon or fist (or whatever you'd like). Otherwise, I would use most mutants straight up, no upgrades, because they are so cheap.

Mutants are at their best when led by Aspiring Champs.

Traitors too are well led by aspiring champs, and both the agitator in the traitor squad and the champ can take a powerfist. I don't know if you use cc traitors or shooty ones, but a powerfist is only necessary in a cc squad. For a shooty squad a combi bolter is more than sufficient.

Aspiring Champs will make your army strong (Ld 10, mark of undivided lets you reroll) like space marines. If I were in your position I would have three aspiring champs leading:

1. Large squad of mutants, dirt cheap, possibly led by aspiring champ, possibly just a mutant boss. This is your bait squad, which you want to use as a blunt hammer to smash your enemies and take fire instead of your expensive troops.

2. Small hard squad, with leaping and maybe another upgrade (brawny?) or simply a decked out power fist aspiring champ with mutation or spiky bits. This is your swift sword of justice, ready to assault with your large grunt squad, or counterattack.

3. Large mob of traitors. As I mentioned before, these come in two flavors. These guys can infiltrate if not led by an aspiring champ. so you might consider running them without one. If you do use an aspiring champ. traitors become deadly, especially in cover.

I don't have the cities of death codex, so I can't help there, but someone else hopefully will (right guys?).

Well, good luck. If you need any help with wargear, we'll do our best.

Cheers!

AThomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote