Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Demonic Visage!!!
Old 15 May 2007, 13:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Demonic Visage!!!

So heres what I have in question... If I put demonic visage on my demon prince would he get -1 morale checks or being that monsterous creatures count as 10 men will he get -2 morale checks? I am thinking of this option, but want to know just how good it will be. Lemme know what you think, thanks.

Side note lemme know what you guys think of my my lord set up...

Khorne Mark
Stature
Flight
Armor
Resilience
Aura
Feel No Pain
Visage
Collar of khorne
plus some stuff like an icon and 2 close combat weapons
and of course furious charge

(I originally had him with a glaive so and no flight, aura, and visage)

The compared stats are:

new: ws6 bs3 str5 t5(6) w3 i5 a5 2+/5+ plus: -2 or -1(idk) morale for units losing melee, 12 inch move no terain problems, can control him...
minus: loses 2 attacks, and 1 on invuln save
old: ws6 bs3 str5 t5(6) w3 i5 a7 2+/4+ plus: more attacks, more invulnerable save
minus: can be kited easy, has a tendancy to run right into the enemy's firing fields

similarly as i am considering the redo I am thinking of taking some of his survivability to give him a dread axe so no saves are allowed.... but Idk if its worth it... imo its more important that he gets into close combat that he gets no saves

also i was considering demonic speed... it has a potential for 24 inches of movement, but thats luck based... and flight overall will give more speed becuase you ignore terrain stuff... idk, any input is appreaciated thanks
ChaosDog84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 13:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Demonic Visage!!!

If the Prince is the only model on your side in the combat (besides other visage casueing units) then the enemy is at -2. Also happens when a Greater Demon is in it.

Otherwise he is at -1.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 13:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDog84
So heres what I have in question... If I put demonic visage on my demon prince would he get -1 morale checks or being that monsterous creatures count as 10 men will he get -2 morale checks? I am thinking of this option, but want to know just how good it will be. Lemme know what you think, thanks.
Heya,

Yes, Daemonic Visage stacks with other morale modifiers. So for example, your Statured Lord will count as 10 models for the purpose of outnumbering. If you outnumber your opponent and win assault, they will suffer a morale penalty. -1 for being outnumbered. -2 if it's a 2:1 or more (and it escalates from there). Daemonic Visage triggers at -2 since the Character is the only model in the unit. So basically if you win combat and the enemy has 9 models or less, or 9 wounds or less, they will be slapped with -3 to their leadership for the morale check (unless they're fearless and don't take one). If they're at 5 models or wounds, or less, then it would be -4.

Cheers,
Old 15 May 2007, 18:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

About your lord, I think it is best to keep lords cheap and with less gifts so you can get more Troops or other things. That said, Doesn't look too bad, I like flight for the stability..But remember you cannot Blood rage move with flight or speed. Keep in mind, you don't want to kill a squad outright..or make it flee in the first charge. You want to kill/make the squad flee in his turn so you wont be shot at and can charge again, so maybe visage may not be the best idea unless he has a squad with him to help soak up fire.
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 15 May 2007, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Keep in mind, you don't want to kill a squad outright..or make it flee in the first charge. You want to kill/make the squad flee in his turn so you wont be shot at and can charge again, so maybe visage may not be the best idea unless he has a squad with him to help soak up fire.
My Lord goes about it completely differently, I intentionally set him up opposite a large concentration of enemy troops, let him charge, wipe out and then consolidate into other enemy units. Although that takes a little more careful planning.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 01:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Aye, Though even if he doesn't make it into combat again, The enemy will focus a large amount of attention into him which takes pressure of of everything else.
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 16 May 2007, 02:09   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yeah i mean when basically the only thing that will take him down is a rail gun... or other str 10 weapon... and being that he is a melee machine every foe i put him against is 100% scared of him... and does whatever it takes to get away from him... usually into the rest of the army that wipes them just as easily has he would have... but that is a good post about wanting to route them the second melee phase... just not completely reliable... i mean part of me thinks 100% destruction via sweeping more often then not might be a good idea... idk... more up to the dice though
Old 16 May 2007, 13:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Its a good thing to have for only 5 points. I would say yes. Depending on who you're fighting this could be very handy.

Why flight over speed though?
AThomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 13:35   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The only advantage I can see for flight over speed is that you can go over terrain and then attack. Or if you want to fire a Kai gun.

But for all other instances daemonic speed and the Independant charachter special rule will be best - the Move through cover means that you can avoid skewering yourself on a twig and moving in the shooting phase gives you a nice attack range.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 14:54   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

flight allows you to have a solid 12 inch move every turn... if you are close to the lines of the enemy then speed would give you more distance (probably), but when moving up to them then flight is better cuz when jumping from cover to cover you need to be able to make it to the cover. I'd hate to get a bad die roll and then be left in the open to be hit with an instant kill weapon