Fast attack:

3 Chaos Marine Bikers
2 Mark of khorne
Banner of rage
3 khornate chainaxes
3 feel no pain
Old 14 May 2007, 20:54   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: My 2060pt Khorne army list :)

Just a little question, have you read the Chaos Codex?

Your Troops are illegal, your Terminators and so to is your Chaos Bikers for the following reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman101
5 Chaos Termis
5 Mark of khorne
5 Talisman of burning blood
2 Khornate chainaxe
Banner of Rage
1 Chainaxe
1 Power fist
1 Power weapon
1 Reaper autocannon
= 371pts
You can't give Terminators chainaxes, they come complete with power weapons which are better then chainaxes. Also the entire squad can't have talismans of burning blood due to they all need to be Chosen Aspiring Champions, which the points cost you've listed certainly doesn't include such an investment.

Quote:
12 Chaos Marines
12 mark of khorne
12 Talisman of burning blood
Banner of rage
12 Khornate chainaxe
12 Feel no pain
In order to have a banner of rage, you need an Aspiring Champion to go on. Also the entire squad isn't able to have feel no pain, only champions may take such a nice piece of kit. Same with Talisman of burning blood, Asp. Champion/Liuetenant/Lord only.

Quote:
3 Chaos Marine Bikers
2 Mark of khorne
Banner of rage
3 khornate chainaxes
3 feel no pain
The entire squad needs to have the Mark of Khorne, or none at all. Feel no pain is the same as above (asp champ only).

Sorry if this is a little harsh, but I'm sure you want to play with a legal list.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 15:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Durza and Messyart,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durza
You havn't tooled up your lord?
-Thats great to point out, but it really doesn't help him. Please to not make reactionary posts that have no meat to them. DELETED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messyart
man, this place gets weirder and weirder the more i come on...
-I think the same thing every tiime that I log in, but again this has no substance. DELETED!

Adman101,

Try to take FT's advice to heart, he's far more adept with the forces of Khorne than most of us on TO want to be. He's not flaming you, but a little translation wouldn't hurt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
You can't give Terminators chainaxes, they come complete with power weapons which are better then chainaxes. Also the entire squad can't have talismans of burning blood due to they all need to be Chosen Aspiring Champions, which the points cost you've listed certainly doesn't include such an investment.
-I realize that many of the Chaos Termie models come equipped with a chainaxe. These count as power weapons for modeling purposes when on a terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
In order to have a banner of rage, you need an Aspiring Champion to go on. Also the entire squad isn't able to have feel no pain, only champions may take such a nice piece of kit. Same with Talisman of burning blood, Asp. Champion/Liuetenant/Lord only.
-and in the long run this saves you points! Even better, the single talisman affects the entire squad that is with the AC! (yet more savings!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
The entire squad needs to have the Mark of Khorne, or none at all. Feel no pain is the same as above (asp champ only).
-a good point. With the pionts saved from Feel not pain you should have no problem marking them all.

Now I assume that you have 12-man squads planned b/c 12 berzerkers come in a Box? A few notes:
1) Since Everything that you have gets a Mark of Khorne, please consider using the Khorne Cult Army list listed on page 48 of the codex under: The World Eaters. This will allow you to use squads with a favored number (See page 38, undee Favored Units) to get free Aspiring Champions, and if you decided to add Bloodletters later on they get a bonus to their summoning rolls.
2) By breaking down your squads into those of the Favored number (to include your Terminators and your Possessed) you can get the AC that you need for the Banner of Rage, and for certain squad upgrades.
3) At least consider investing some points in a tooled LT if not a Lord, as he makes a fine centerpiece to any Khornate Army, and can use his IC status to protect him from being shot at until he is close enough to wreak havoc.
4) Feel No Pain is really a waste unless you're giving it to an IC.
5) Consider burying POwerfists in those troop squads aboard your Free ACs, (you still have to pay for the powerfist) this means that even tanks must fear their wrath.

Any Questions?
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 16:36   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Sian Kytonus (Ged)
Durza and Messyart,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durza
You havn't tooled up your lord?
-Thats great to point out, but it really doesn't help him.* Please to not make reactionary posts that have no meat to them.* DELETED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messyart
man, this place gets weirder and weirder the more i come on...
-I think the same thing every tiime that I log in, but again this has no substance.* DELETED!

Adman101,

* * *Try to take FT's advice to heart, he's far more adept with the forces of Khorne than most of us on TO want to be.* He's not flaming you, but a little translation wouldn't hurt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
-I realize that many of the Chaos Termie models come equipped with a chainaxe.* These count as power weapons for modeling purposes when on a terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
-and in the long run this saves you points!* Even better, the single talisman affects the entire squad that is with the AC!* (yet more savings!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
-a good point.* With the pionts saved from Feel not pain you should have no problem marking them all.

* * *Now I assume that you have 12-man squads planned b/c 12 berzerkers come in a Box?* A few notes:
1)* Since Everything that you have gets a Mark of Khorne, please consider using the Khorne Cult Army list listed on page 48 of the codex under:* The World Eaters.* This will allow you to use squads with a favored number (See page 38, undee Favored Units) to get free Aspiring Champions, and if you decided to add Bloodletters later on they get a bonus to their summoning rolls.
2)* By breaking down your squads into those of the Favored number (to include your Terminators and your Possessed) you can get the AC that you need for the Banner of Rage, and for certain squad upgrades.
3)* At least consider investing some points in a tooled LT if not a Lord, as he makes a fine centerpiece to any Khornate Army, and can use his IC status to protect him from being shot at until he is close enough to wreak havoc.
4)* Feel No Pain is really a waste unless you're giving it to an IC.
5)* Consider burying POwerfists in those troop squads aboard your Free ACs, (you still have to pay for the powerfist) this means that even tanks must fear their wrath.

Any Questions?
Ged
I know hes not flaming me, and im going to make 2 favored units, so im off to write it* :P, and will post it when im finished . And i appreciate everything everyone has said . As i havent really used Khorne so much i guess this is my kick up the rear end
Old 15 May 2007, 18:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

OK, REDO!!!

Hq:

Chaos Lord
Mark of khorne
Feel no pain
Infiltrate
Combi Flamer
Khornate Chainaxe
Talisman of burning blood
= 111 points

W/Retinue:
5 Chaos Termis
5 Marks of Khorne
1 Upgrade to AC
3 Power Weapons
1 Chainfist
1 Powerfist
1 Reaper autocannon
1 Banner of Rage
1 Talisman of burning Blood
1 Combi Melta
1 Combi Flamer
= 357 points

Elites:

5 Possessed Chaos Marines
Daemonic Talons
Mark of khorne
Upgrade to AC
Banner of Rage
Talisman of Burning blood
= 180pts

Troops:

8 Chaos Marines
Free AC
Mark Of Khorne
Banner of rage
Khornate chainaxe

8 Chaos Marines
Free AC
Mark Of Khorne
Banner of rage
Khornate chainaxe

8 Chaos Marines
Free AC
Mark Of Khorne
Banner of rage
Khornate chainaxe
= 570pts

Fast Attack:

3 Chaos Bikers
3 Marks of khorne
1 AC
Banner of rage
3 Khornate chainaxe
= 153

Heavy Support:

Chaos Defiler
Deicated to Khorne
Havoc Launcher
= 160 pts

TOTAL = 1531PTS

Old 15 May 2007, 18:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Here are my suggestions.

First off.

Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage.

Also, why give the lord Infiltrate when he has a terminator retinue without infiltrate? Terminators cannot infiltrate and the whole squad needs it to do so. Another thing is you should not worry about any of the terminator guns besides Reaper Autocannons, and the only close combat weapon upgrades should be a couple of chainfists. Also as the squad is accompanied by the Lord, you don't need a champ..All those things will help keep the cost down, so you can afford more of other things (and prevent the HQ alone being 1/4th the cost of the army).

Another thing, the Lord should have a power weapon of some kind, and a pistol/close combat weapon. The chain axe and combi-flamer could be reworked IMO.

For the possessed, Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. Besides that you need more models in the squad or they wont be able to survive long, or do much damage (take the points from dumbing down, or cutting out the terminators entirely into beefing up the possessed.)

The Troops are fine except for Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. All the squad members should have Khornate chainaxes, and the Squad champions should get powerfists for an extra hurt (on anything). Besides that...I like 'em.

Bikes could use more models, and Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. Besides that Okay...They can make a good distraction forces to help prevent the berserker's from being shot at turn 1.

Defiler needs nothing other then Indirect..Though the destroyer upgrade can be good for theme..I would leave it off.

[hr]

I think the list is a good start, though you have a lot of points in expensive units and useless/illegal upgrades. I would ditch the terminators to beef up the bikes and Possessed, and give all the squad champions (who can take them) powerfists.

possessed at 8 men, and bikes at least at 4 or five would be best IMO, and allow more survivablilty in those nasty/tough units.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 19:06   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Here are my suggestions.

First off.

Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage.

Also, why give the lord Infiltrate when he has a terminator retinue without infiltrate? Terminators cannot infiltrate and the whole squad needs it to do so. Another thing is you should not worry about any of the terminator guns besides Reaper Autocannons, and the only close combat weapon upgrades should be a couple of chainfists. Also as the squad is accompanied by the Lord, you don't need a champ..All those things will help keep the cost down, so you can afford more of other things (and prevent the HQ alone being 1/4th the cost of the army).

Another thing, the Lord should have a power weapon of some kind, and a pistol/close combat weapon. The chain axe and combi-flamer could be reworked IMO.

For the possessed, Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. Besides that you need more models in the squad or they wont be able to survive long, or do much damage (take the points from dumbing down, or cutting out the terminators entirely into beefing up the possessed.)

The Troops are fine except for Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. All the squad members should have Khornate chainaxes, and the Squad champions should get powerfists for an extra hurt (on anything). Besides that...I like 'em.

Bikes could use more models, and Only Chosen can have the Banner of Rage. Besides that Okay...They can make a good distraction forces to help prevent the berserker's from being shot at turn 1.

Defiler needs nothing other then Indirect..Though the destroyer upgrade can be good for theme..I would leave it off.

[hr]

I think the list is a good start, though you have a lot of points in expensive units and useless/illegal upgrades. I would ditch the terminators to beef up the bikes and Possessed, and give all the squad champions (who can take them) powerfists.

possessed at 8 men, and bikes at least at 4 or five would be best IMO, and allow more survivablilty in those nasty/tough units.
OK, ive taken out all the Banner of rages except the chosen one. Infiltrate, i have removed... And ive left the chosen banner of rage. And that takes my total down to 1441pts. And defilers cant have the destroyer ability
Old 15 May 2007, 19:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dedication to Khorne on a Vehicle is Destroyer ability.

I'd use the points you've saved to bolster the possessed then the bikes. The units are dangerously small.
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 15 May 2007, 19:16   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Dedication to Khorne on a Vehicle is Destroyer ability.

I'd use the points you've saved to bolster the possessed then the bikes. The units are dangerously small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Codex
Vehicles of Khorne
A vehicle dedicated to khorne has the destroyer ability, This costs 25points a defiler may not be given this upgrade...
Its on page 47.
And at the moment im going to keep boosting my tau army, until i get more khorne stufff
Old 15 May 2007, 19:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Cool beans,you seem to be getting to a good start. Just keep in mind numbers over lots of wargear and flashy bitz .

Also if the Defiler cannot have a dedication of khorne..Then why did you include it in your list? (the upgrade, not the defiler..I find defilers brilliant).
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche