Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What chapter would this be?
Old 14 May 2007, 11:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default What chapter would this be?

Hello.

I love the norse. They are the collest of all dead cultures ever. I also love Chaos.

So I was wondering, what chapter would best fit into the catagory of Nordic Chaos? Or what would be the easiest converted into Nordic, both model wise and story wise.

Once youve told be this, can you tell me everything you know about this chapter or point me in the direction of where i could find stuff?

Or would it be easier to DIY my own?
Old 14 May 2007, 11:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What chapter would this be?

I'd personally say World Eaters or Black Legion.

Black Legion is the generic Chaos army, so you could probably do them however you like. Converting them Norse-y would be easy.

World Eaters are great followers of martial pride, honour, etc. Khorne isn't nesscesarily all about unthinking, stupid rage.

Really, the most Norse chapter are the Space Wolves. But they are a loyalist chapter, and it's unlikely that they'd fall to Chaos in such numbers to make an actual army..... I suppose you could say a member of the 13th Company got turned and is now leading a (insert legion) Warband. Would explain the Norse influence.

Just my two cents.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 12:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
Hello.

I love the norse. They are the collest of all dead cultures ever. I also love Chaos.

So I was wondering, what chapter would best fit into the catagory of Nordic Chaos? Or what would be the easiest converted into Nordic, both model wise and story wise.

Once youve told be this, can you tell me everything you know about this chapter or point me in the direction of where i could find stuff?

Or would it be easier to DIY my own?
Heya,

There is nothing even close to Norse in Chaos currently. As previously mentioned, SpaceWolves are the nearest thing. However, I would just tell you to pick a ruleset from Chaos, a Legion, or a Cult, and just change the names and theme around--just use the rules as a template. For example, Nurgle could become Nordic. They're tougher than normal, don't use heavy guns, but instead fight more martially with bolters and ccw in true grit style. Nurgle's rot is actually Nordic wind... it's so cold, the non-Norse take wounds sometimes around 'em. Get the idea? Just take something you like and change the names. Suddenly it makes sense and the light bulb goes `bink' and you have a plan.

Cheers,
Old 14 May 2007, 13:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

You could even use the Chaos Marauders from the fantasy range in your conversions. They ARE barbarians!
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 14:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Aye, Marauder arms and heads on space marine bodies would look great. Especially with shoulder pads added on top of the bare arms.

I think Mals suggestion of Nurgle marines is pretty cool, otherwise Khrone would do for a screaming frenzied horde of barbarians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 17:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
otherwise Khrone would do for a screaming frenzied horde of barbarians.
Heya,

Khorne only offers a tad more in the melee scene. Unfortunately though, the cost of which is a far more crippled army in terms of actually winning against good opponents. Not sure if he wants to play beyond casual play, but even at casual games, a Khorne army that is actually using all Khorne rules is a pretty stale thing on the board that just gets shot up and left behind. Boring to play since there's not even anything to do early on except roll for rage....

Anyhow, if it matters to the O.P., I would seriously discourage Khorne unless you only use it in small amounts--but not the whole force. It's like signing away the ability to have a chance to beat other people who have normal balanced armies.

Cheers,

Old 14 May 2007, 21:02   #7 (permalink)
Anton

Hmm... If you've ever read any of the Horus Heresy books, namely the first one, Horus Rising, the Luna Wolves are sort of semi-nord, and I would imagine that the Black Legion would still retain some of there earlier traits.

Otherwise it's just Space Wolves. :P
Old 14 May 2007, 21:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

The best thing IMO would be to make your own legion, but use some of the space wolves parts, and Marauder parts to create a very feral looking legion.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 21:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Hmm, all seem pretty good ideas..

One says Khorne. one Nurgle, one DIY, one Black legion...

Ok, I think I might DIY... Or Nurgle.
Old 14 May 2007, 22:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

Ye could do an LatD and use chaos marauders to represent mutants or something.

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote