Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Warhound Titan project
Old 10 May 2007, 18:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Chaos Warhound Titan project

I've always dreamed of owning the Chaos warhound titan from forgeworld. Now, with my handsome tax refund check, im seriously considering buying it. But, before i throw down $535 of my hard-earned cash, i wanted to ask a few questions first:

1) Does anyone here own one of these beasts? How well do they play? are they worth it? Or do they just not really earn their points back?

2) Do you have any advice on painting the thing? this titan will be for my LATD/CSM list (hey, the LATD NEED a titan in order to win) and they are all Tzeetch themed. So i was thinking of painting/modeling/converting it to be more sorceror like....any thoughts?

3) with the upcoming release of Apocolypse, will the titan be converted to a GW plastic model? I would hate to spend 535 dollars on a resin model only to have it come out later for cheaper and in plastic.

if you do own one, any advice on gaming with titans, or painting, or whatever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mountaincycle661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2007, 18:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Chaos Warhound Titan project

1) haven't got a clue... though anything that big will draw loads of fire! And they are likely to dish out as good as they get - just think of a mega-titan-killer-gattling-lascannon.... cool huh?

2) painting: just don't loose your cool and rush it. Also try and think about colouring it similar to your troops: Ie if your world eaters then do blood red armour and bronze rims. Add detail. Just think things through, have a plan, and take your time. And if you can add some murials or at the very least some symbols.

3) I don't think so - try trawling through the rumours board. But I personally doubt it. Also the Resin model will come in better detail.

And no I don't own one - I'm just having an educated guess.

Also if you have some decent modelling skills try creatin your own from plasticard: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=35133.0

It's close to the bottom.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2007, 18:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chaos will get Baneblades which (may/will) be battle force cost. So if you get a titan you need to scratch build or buy one. I don't know how resilient they are, but they are not 14/14/14. It could fall to one lucky shot. Also you need a titan to win with Latd? you need more mutants/spawn! Maybe make it blue or a hue of colors that blend into each other.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2007, 18:50   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

He isn't choosing the Hound to win with: he Is choosing it cause it's a fine model to add to his collection!

Quote:
don't know how resilient they are, but they are not 14/14/14.
Probably not 14 all the way but more towards: 14-13-13 and a couple of structure points.

Quote:
It could fall to one lucky shot
Everything in this game can fall to a lucky shot!
Old 10 May 2007, 19:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Mountaincycle661,

ANNOUNCEMENT: Armageddon is Coming! Armageddon will be a new version of the 40k game that will introduce standardized rules for Flyers and Superheavies. The models will start being produced by Citadel! They have already announced a $99.99 (USD) Plastic (not resin) Bane Blade, but are keeping the other models to be released under wraps. I would council patience young Padawn...
As to their effectiveness: I have faced the warhound on several occasions, and it is a marvelous machine. Weighing in at over 700 points, and requiring that you have a separate force org. to field a single Superheavy Squadron, so they tend to be useless in games under 2000p. Unless your opponent has a unit or two that is optimized to blow away a vehicle in CC: Eldar Fire Dragons and Swooping Hawks come to mind, as do Tau Fire Warriors with EMP grenades; you get fantastic returns with any weapons loadout. I personally reccomend combining a Turbo-Laser with a Plasma Blast Cannon for maximum killiness.

Enjoy the violence,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2007, 19:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by S I L K
He isn't choosing the Hound to win with: he Is choosing it cause it's a fine model to add to his collection!
That is a very very nice reason to have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Sian Kytonus (Ged)
Turbo-Laser with a Plasma Blast Cannon for maximum killiness.
lol, I don't even know what those do and they sound exciting ;D
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2007, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Haven't got a clue what a turbo laser is, mega lascannon?

But I think a plasma blast cannon is a regular plasma cannon with an ordenance blast...

Inquisitor Ged?
Old 10 May 2007, 20:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Haven't got a clue what a turbo laser is, mega lascannon?
-Without giving exact stats it's a Lascannon with +1 Strength, blast and +1 Shots!

Quote:
But I think a plasma blast cannon is a regular plasma cannon with an ordenance blast...
-Plasma Cannon + ORD Blast + Titan Killer +1 S if I remember right.

Quote:
Inquisitor Ged?
-For the Duration of the Golgothan Campaign, because a bunch of people took all of the Chaos and Eldar spots. I will hunt you all down! > ( :funny: - JK )

Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

Old 10 May 2007, 20:28   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Without giving exact stats it's a Lascannon with +1 Strength, blast and +1 Shots!
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! And Ouch again! Thats bound to be expensive, no?

Quote:
-Plasma Cannon + ORD Blast + Titan Killer +1 S if I remember right.
Good hevens! Bye, bye terminators!

Quote:
I will hunt you all down!
can you stand the temptation of my Daemonqueen? HA! no mortal can!
Old 10 May 2007, 20:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Quote:
I will hunt you all down!
can you stand the temptation of my Daemonqueen? HA! no mortal can!
-I go by the "Ripley Principal", "Lets get back to the Sulacco, and nuke it from orbit." ;D

Ged