Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My thousand sons army list.
Old 06 May 2007, 05:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Socky
Default My thousand sons army list.

Ok, here's my list for bases of 1500 point army. C&C welcome. Be warned i favour theme over tactical effectiveness, and i prefer tooled up characters, and armour. Chaos marines from the heresy are over 10000 years old, and are walking death traps.

A Chaos lord should be a killing machine fully kitted out to deal out distruction, not a guy with a powersword, and a bolt pistol, and maybe one gift, that defeats the purpose of thier age of existence, and thier deadly skills they possess accumlated over said time. Although those newer to the power of chaos wouldn't be as strong as the founding legions marines.

HQ's:

Zath'klo the perceiver, Chaos Sorcerer Lord.
-mark of tzeentch, terminator armour, Darkblade, Daemonic essence, eye of tzeentch, talismen of tzeentch, daemonic strength, close combat weapon, winds of chaos, doombolt: 206

Elites:

Sqaud, Knowledge.
8 Rubric marines in terminator armour: 336

Aspiring sorcerer champion, Zar'xaq: Mark of tzeentch, daemonic strength, power sword, combi bolter, winds of chaos, terminator armour(note, some of the above mentioned already are included in standard termie war gear, ie termie armour, power sword, combi bolter): 67

Sub total:403

Troops:

Sqaud, Premonition.
8 Rubric marines: 192

Aspiring sorcerer champion, Rao'tqul: Mark of tzeentch, daemonic strength, power sword, bolt pistol, bolt of tzeentch: 79

Sqaud, Change.
8 Rubric marines: 192

Aspiring sorcerer champion, Qaul'rah: Mark of tzeentch, daemonic strength, power sword, bolt pistol, bolt of tzeentch: 79

Sub total: 542

Heavy support:

Dreadnaught, Xer'zeral the foreseen.
Twin-linked lascannon, Daemonic possesion, coruscting flame: 160

Predator, Dust:
Twin-linked Lascannon, Lasconnon side sponsons, mutated hull, coruscting flame, pintle combi bolter, smoke launcher, extra armour: 207

Total: 1498

Hope you like my sqaud names, if anyone can come up with better, feel free to suggest.
Socky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2007, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Re: My thousand sons army list.

Hello and welcome to the thousand sons!

Quote:
Zath'klo the perceiver, Chaos Sorcerer Lord.
-mark of tzeentch, terminator armour, Darkblade, Daemonic essence, eye of tzeentch, talismen of tzeentch, daemonic strength, close combat weapon, winds of chaos, doombolt: 206
looks good, but a little slow. You might want to replace the terminator armour with Daemonic flight/speed. Daemonic strength is unnecessary with a Darkblade, you should drop it.

Quote:
Squad, Knowledge.
8 Rubric marines in terminator armour: 336

Aspiring sorcerer champion, Zak's: Mark of tzeentch, daemonic strength, power sword, combi bolter, winds of chaos, terminator armour(note, some of the above mentioned already are included in standard termer war gear, IE termer armour, power sword, combi bolter): 67

Sub total:403
Looks good but I would replace the power sword and Daemonic strength with a power fist because this squad will probably be assaulted by something big and nasty (Dreadnought) and will need the strength.

Quote:
Predator, Dust:
Twin-linked Lascannon, Lasconnon side sponsons, mutated hull, coruscting flame, pintle combi bolter, smoke launcher, extra armour: 207
I would remove the coruscting flame, pintle combi bolter, smoke launcher. you never really use those.

And once again welcome to the forum!

Old 06 May 2007, 06:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks. I will have another version of my lord for speed, but i'll use a Disc of Tzeentch for that. And i'll drop the strength, i was unsure about keeping it.

Wouldn't a chainfist be better, considering he's in terminator armour? Problem is everything will be striking at I 1.

Ok i'll scrap those things, i guess a pred has better things to do then shoot with a bolter :P

Thank you
Old 06 May 2007, 06:56   #4 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
Wouldn't a chainfist be better, considering he's in terminator armour? Problem is everything will be striking at I 1.
A chainfist would be better, go ahead. He will be striking at I 1, but he has 16 wounds in terminator armour that your opponent hast to get through first.
Old 06 May 2007, 07:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok thanks, i'll implenent that when i get more termies.
Old 06 May 2007, 07:28   #6 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

One more thing, I would add Extra Armour to your dread. Just in case.
Old 06 May 2007, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

dropping the coruscating flame and one of your lords psycic powers could allow you to mount a rubric squad in a rhino thus adding some cheap mobility
Old 06 May 2007, 18:20   #8 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
dropping the coruscating flame and one of your lords psycic powers could allow you to mount a rubric squad in a rhino thus adding some cheap mobility
That may be a very good idea. If you do this though, you should change the psychic power on the Aspiring Champion to Wind of Chaos so that you can use the speed of the rhino to get in close and burn them.