Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Lords?
Old 03 May 2007, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Chaos Lords?

My friend is just starting out with chaos and we were about to start playing with some of his models but he doesn't know what to give his hq. I'm playing with my tau army so anything that would do well against that would be good. I'm not too sure how he should feild his army because I have never even played against a chaos army. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 03 May 2007, 01:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Chaos Lords?

http://www.dakkadakka.com/Forums/tab...2/Default.aspx
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2007, 01:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by waters
My friend is just starting out with chaos and we were about to start playing with some of his models but he doesn't know what to give his hq. I'm playing with my tau army so anything that would do well against that would be good. I'm not too sure how he should feild his army because I have never even played against a chaos army. Any help would be great. Thanks
Tell him to use this:

Chaos Lord
-Chaos Bike
-Daemonic Essence
-Daemonic Rune
-Daemonic Visage
-Daemonic Armour
-Daemonic Aura
Power Fist
205 points.

It's called a Torpedo. Essentially used to absolutely put the pressure on Tau. The point is, he has a 2+ armor save and cannot be instakilled with 4 wounds and a natural 5+ invulnerable save. The bike allows him to Turbo Boost, which means he can move up to 24" in a straight line, right at you, and his armor save becomes an invulnerable save (giving him a T5 based character with 4 wounds and a 2+ invulnerable save that can save against every single gun Tau has, on a 2+). So he uses this character to Rush the Tau. They can shoot or ignore him. Either way, next turn, he has a 12" move and 6" assault range, he's in assault. You don't need many attacks, but no Tau model is going to beat him in assault, ever. T5 and 2+ save in assault is better than what even whole squads of Tau of all kinds can manage. At this point, his power fist goes to work, it kills everything Tau has on a 2+ with no armor save possible, and it instakills your battlesuits. Daemonic Visage kicks in and when you lose assault (you will) you test morale at -2 LD. This helps ensure you flee, so he can run you down, destroying whole units in one go, from just one wound caused.

Expensive and really annoying for a Tau player to deal with.

But worth it.

-- Alternatively, you can have him read and follow this efficient chaos lord/lt. creation kit.

Cheers, :P
Old 04 May 2007, 02:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hey thanks a lot, I'll be passing this info on to him and I'll even tell him to look at this for himself. I don't really like the thought of him charging me so soon but I'm up for the challenge!
Old 04 May 2007, 12:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

or the classic undivided lord with infiltrate and daemonic speed. give him a p.fist and ccw, aura and mutation. that should do the trick.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote