Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Why do tau own my Khorne?
Old 29 Apr 2007, 22:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Why do tau own my Khorne?

Hey, so my friends tau just own my Khorne all day in the butt.
I cant get close enough to CC him, even with my flying deamon prince. When I send him out, he usuially gets gibbed by broadsides. Even when I deepstrike 2 obliterator squads, they get 1 hammerhead at most, and then get gibbed themselves.
He runs 2 squads of mounted Fire warriors, 2 hammerheads, some broadsides, other crisis suits and piranahs. What're some doos and donts for this matchup?
-Jeff
Killbot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 23:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Why do tau own my Khorne?

Whats in your army?
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 12:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

yes how do you get 2 oblit squads in any but an ironwarriors army, which is undivided, and iron warriors are as shooty as Tau, and good in CC
Old 01 May 2007, 16:51   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

You have obliterators in a Khorne army, he's just not following the World Eaters rules. I do the same thing myself. All it means that my squads don't get free asp champions if they have 8 or 16 models in, and that +1 summoning thing. But you have acces to Nurgle/Tzeentch troops and Undivided troops.
Old 01 May 2007, 22:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob

I'm a slaanesh/Tau player, and i have a buddy whos IG/Khorne, and how he deals with my tau, or IG or any shooty army in general is, he puts stup way up front and in your face that you HAVE to shoot at, or you're taost, while he moves his berzerks up the board...
consider not playing a pure world eater's army and taking a infiltating CSM squad with bolt pstiols and CC weapons, with a powerfisted AC, keep it cheap, and infiltrate some raptors and a cheap LT in with them...
the raptors and LT are a good punch, and the CSM's make a good screen and something with subtance that will last the first turn barrage...
so while your oppenent is freakin out about that... run your boys in red up as fast as you can...
a nasty CC dread running up with them can be a fire magnet too... well... it should be, cause if it gets in CC... oh boy....

this is all ideal for 1,500 to 2,000 points...
anything smaller, like a 1,000 point game, your gonna get screwed over, my only advice would be to either mount them, and run them up in their face... (you'd have to have multiple mounted squads to accomplish anything...) or just Inf. that cheap CSM squad to give you a turn or two of running freedom...
Old 03 May 2007, 00:12   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I find two Dreadnoughts particularly useful. They draw fire, as Mitch said above, but you've got a redunancy in case something gets sent to the base of Khorne's throne. And if both die, then thats less firepower being shot at your Berserkers .

Defilers also work to terrorise your opponent too
Old 03 May 2007, 02:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

yes but they can only take 1 oblit squad not 2, its 0-1 for all but ironwarriors
Old 03 May 2007, 04:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Socky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
You have obliterators in a Khorne army, he's just not following the World Eaters rules. I do the same thing myself. All it means that my squads don't get free asp champions if they have 8 or 16 models in, and that +1 summoning thing. But you have acces to Nurgle/Tzeentch troops and Undivided troops.
Erhm no. If your lord has a mark of khorne, Nurgle, Slaneesh or Tzeentch, then they may NOT take troops exculsive to the other magor patrons(Ie Lord with mark of Slaneesh may not take Rubric marines). They can still take undivided troops, cause the Chaos gods cant usually access them(raptors, obliterators).
Socky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2007, 10:20   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm afraid you haven't read your codex Locky... In the section covering the Marks of Chaos (it's on the same page as the rules for the Mark of Chaos Undivided), you may take different marks in your army. But you are restricted. For example, in my Khorne army, which is led by a model with the Mark of Khorne, all Khorne Berserker squads count as Troops, but I may take Tzeentch or Nurgle allies in said army, and in which case the Tzeentch and Nurgle units would count as Elites. I can't take Slaanesh troops with my Khorne, and neither can you take Khorne troops in a Slaanesh army. By the same token, Nurgle armies can't take Tzeentch and vice versa.
Old 04 May 2007, 07:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Socky

Quote:
Insert Quote
I'm afraid you haven't read your codex Locky... In the section covering the Marks of Chaos (it's on the same page as the rules for the Mark of Chaos Undivided), you may take different marks in your army. But you are restricted. For example, in my Khorne army, which is led by a model with the Mark of Khorne, all Khorne Berserker squads count as Troops, but I may take Tzeentch or Nurgle allies in said army, and in which case the Tzeentch and Nurgle units would count as Elites. I can't take Slaanesh troops with my Khorne, and neither can you take Khorne troops in a Slaanesh army. By the same token, Nurgle armies can't take Tzeentch and vice versa.
Only chaos undivided may take major patrons special troops as elites. Ancient enemies rule forbades Khorne from taking any other exculsive troops only normally accessible by the other patrons.

So only mark of chaos undivided may take major patrons elite troops. Whilst others with the either of the 4 major marks may not touch, one anothers troops. Its also very unfluffy. Khorne despises Tzeetnch, why would he include Tzeentch's favoured anywhere near his?

Ancient enemies rule, page 38. Skip a few sentences. "For this reason, an army led by a character with the mark of Khorne cannot contain any units or characters with the mark of slaneesh, etc." of course you can make it an unpure force, so your khorne army has raptors, but you lose the special abilties of favoured units, etc. But raptors don't have a major mark of chaos.

Mark of chaos undivided can take whatever it wants. And i said that in the first place

Sorry i believe you missread the rules or something, becuase i don't see anything about allowing the use of Rubric marines in a Khorne army...

Aside from the fact mixing these different elite soldiers, screams power gaming. like "Whayhay!!!11 my army has Lord with mark of khorne, with souped up wargear so he can assault crap really good, but my army is vulnerable to fast enemies who can lead me around in circles, so i'll take some niose marines with heavy fire power to shoot them back, becuase usually most of my models would be in blood frenzy with mark of Khorne."=power gaming, and illegal army.

Socky is offline   Reply With Quote