Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

a few questions i need answers to
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default a few questions i need answers to

1. Is there such a thing as khorn berserker termies and if so are they any good.

2. do chain axes have to be taken for the whole squad or none at all.

3. what are the benefits for having the gods sacred number that your legion worships.

4. what would be more worth while for a korne army a blood thirster or a daemon prince as your HQ.

5. and does the daemon prince have a ranged attack and if so what is its stats.

6. and do daemons have a armor save or not I'm getting mixed signals on this one.

7.and last question can you have more then one mark of chaos in your army i know you can only have one in a squad but can you have mark of korn persay in one squad and mark of nurgle in another.

i want to start 2 chaos army's in order of korn and nurgle and it would really help me if these q's could be awnsered thank you ;Djavascript:replaceText(' ;D', document.forms.postmodify.message);

wolf-bane012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Anton

Default Re: a few questions i need answers to

Heya,

Quote:
1. Is there such a thing as khorn berserker termies and if so are they any good.
Yes, Khorne Berzerker Terminators are an actual unit, they are Chosen Terminators with the Mark of Khorne. And if you want to know if they're any good, please read this article.

Quote:
You may chose which models have Khornate Chainaxes. But generally it's best to give the whole squad Khornate Chainaxes.

Quote:
3. what are the benefits for having the gods sacred number that your legion worships.
The benefits are that when you mark a unit, and that units number is the same as said Chaos Gods sacred number, you can upgrade a single Chaos Marine to an Aspiring Champion for free.

Quote:
4. what would be more worth while for a korne army a blood thirster or a daemon prince as your HQ.
It depends on what you want out of your HQ. The Bloodthirster is good at slaying enemy HQ commanders, and Ind. Characters, whilst the Daemon Prince is good at destroying entire squads of enemy infantry. Personally, I would go for neither and stick with an un-statured Lord. But that's just my personal preference.

Quote:
A Daemon Prince is a Chaos Lord, but with the Daemonic Stature Gift. The only ranged attack a Daemon Prince can have is either a bolter, combi weapon, Kai Gun, or ranged psychic powers.

Quote:
6. and do daemons have a armor save or not I'm getting mixed signals on this one.
Daemons have an Invulnerable save. With the only exception being Khorne Bloodletters, as they get both an armour, and an invulnerable save.

Quote:
7.and last question can you have more then one mark of chaos in your army i know you can only have one in a squad but can you have mark of korn persay in one squad and mark of nurgle in another.
The only army that can do this is the Black Legion. So, for example you could take a squad of 8 Khorne Berzerkers as an Elites choice, and a Nurgle Plague Marines squad as an Elites choice. Remember, for Black Legion any unit that you give either the Mark of Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch become an Elite choice. None of the other legions can mix and match marks like the Black Legion.

Thanks.

Old 27 Apr 2007, 19:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-bane012

i want to start 2 chaos army's in order of korn and nurgle and it would really help me if these q's could be awnsered thank you ;Djavascript:replaceText(' ;D', document.forms.postmodify.message);
You could have read the codex, and found the answer to most of your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 09:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Yes, actually an army with a Slaanesh marked lord can take nurgle ,Tzeentch, Undivided/unmarked as well, the unmarked still take up a troops choice, the others with marks an elites, the same goes for most marked armies that are not pure legion armies, also take note of ancient rivalries in the codex
Old 29 Apr 2007, 13:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to perfect enemy

Quote:
Quote:
A Daemon Prince is a Chaos Lord, but with the Daemonic Stature Gift. The only ranged attack a Daemon Prince can have is either a bolter, combi weapon, Kai Gun, or ranged psychic powers.

not true a daemon prince is a chaos lord with over Xpts of daemonic gift (inc gift of the gods and daemon weapons)

but if you going to be doing khorne you won't want a ranged attack any way as there a chance you won't shoot and it just not very khorne like
Old 30 Apr 2007, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Actually, the wording is a choas lord with Xpts in deamonic gifts CAN Claim to be a deamon prince and should be modelled appropriatly, so you don't NEED to make him a Deamon prince, which i perfer my lord unstatured anyways.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 13:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

although in the daemonhunters codex it does list a chaos lord with stature as counting as a daemon so i see where the confusion comes from
Old 05 May 2007, 06:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def3nd3r
Actually, the wording is a choas lord with Xpts in deamonic gifts CAN Claim to be a deamon prince and should be modelled appropriatly, so you don't NEED to make him a Deamon prince, which i perfer my lord unstatured anyways.
This should probably be cleared up somewhere by GW. Does this mean certain unstatured lords with Xpnts in Gifts can not claim to be a demon when facing a Ghosthelm, but then claim to be a demon when be attacked by things that only affect "living" targets (poisons, etc)?
Springfield Fatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 04:05   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield Fatts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def3nd3r
This should probably be cleared up somewhere by GW. Does this mean certain unstatured lords with Xpnts in Gifts can not claim to be a demon when facing a Ghosthelm, but then claim to be a demon when be attacked by things that only affect "living" targets (poisons, etc)?
\

Actually i meant that he can be modelled as a deamon prince, and uses the stats (Usually you give him stature if your going for a deamon Prince), but if you says he's a normal lord, he is for the entire game, same with deamon prince, you can't say he;s something different in different situations.