Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lost and the damned + CSM mixed = Forces of Chaos (codex?)
Old 25 Apr 2007, 11:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Lost and the damned + CSM mixed = Forces of Chaos (codex?)

Okay the new codex could be great news or bad news for us, many of you think or have heard that The Lost and the damned are being chucked into our CSM's codex. Now I welcome this and it hit me Tau codex (1st) then Tau Empire Codex (2nd) its starting to look like Chaos are no longer being shown as just evil marines. If the codex becomes more Chaos than parts of the force of chaos like the Tau codex change then are image will slowly change to a more independent look rather than evil marines.

What do you guys think?

LeeStar
Old 26 Apr 2007, 09:28   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Lost and the damned + CSM mixed = Forces of Chaos (codex?)

I don't see your point. The core of CSM remains the traitorous marines worshipping the Gods of Chaos. The Lost and Damned units are not on their own.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 14:32   #3 (permalink)
Anton

All of the Chaos Legions make use of lesser minions. From Mutants, to Traitorous Guardsmen or Cultists. The Chaos Legions don't have the great numbers as they used to, and the Imperium does have the largest fighting force in the galaxy, the Imperial Guard.

I think it would be fantastic if they had a large, singular codex.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 14:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I concur. Whenever you read a BL book and Chaos is the bad guy it is all about the planet wide rebellions and the traitor guardsmen. The number of actual "Chaos Space Marines" is insignificant compared to the endless legions of hapless chaos dupes.

On another note the idea of chaos tainted versions of other races is really cool, but I think they said that they are moving away from splinter lists.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 15:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to pfreck

I really hope so that GW will make a Forces of Chaos codex. I agree that chaos is more like traitorous guardsmen and minions etc. I aways get a more 'chaosy' feeling at the LatD, also in the fluff.
Today I bought 'The Founding' a Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus, which also includes fluff about the Bloodpact. The Redshirt told me that the Bloodpact are led by a 'couple of' Chaos Marines. I don't like the fact that when you play LatD that you have to use a chaos marine as a HQ. Why not a command squad and a Senior officer or something? It really fits the traitor-guard feeling.

cheers
pfreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2007, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Pfreak, actually you could take a Greater Daemon or an Arch Heretic if you wanted to steer clear of the Chaos Space Marine HQ choices.

All in all, I do hope that the Lost and the Damned do get fair representation in the new Codex. I'm looking forward to it. But first, GW, finish Orks!

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2007, 20:40   #7 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfreck
I don't like the fact that when you play LatD that you have to use a chaos marine as a HQ. Why not a command squad and a Senior officer or something? It really fits the traitor-guard feeling.
Erm... Why not just do an Imperial Guard army, and model them as Traitors? If you want a more powerful HQ you could have an allied Inquisitor Lord, and maybe make him a Radical, and include a couple of Daemon Hosts.

That way, to me, seems more fluffy, plus they would be way more effective than a Traitor based LatD.
Old 04 May 2007, 15:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40kenthusiast
I concur. Whenever you read a BL book and Chaos is the bad guy it is all about the planet wide rebellions and the traitor guardsmen. The number of actual "Chaos Space Marines" is insignificant compared to the endless legions of hapless chaos dupes.
that makes me laugh, thats what we have the eye 'dex for, have you seen how limited the chaos are in there?

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote