Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

starting slaneesh, help plz :-D
Old 09 Apr 2007, 00:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob
Default starting slaneesh, help plz :-D

well, im not very familiar at all with chaos, i just bought the codex today... but i want an elite force, of powerful units but dont really on one aspect too much... (i have had enought Tau specialization to last me a life time) so i was think something slaneeshy, i dont like the EC pink look, so i might do some different scheme, but i was thinking of building my army something like this...
(any point total... just bulk out this basic idea as games got bigger)

a basic Hq... nothing too rediculous or cheesy (ive read some of the stuff around the boards... dear god...)

and unit of buffed out DSing termies, to be my Assault hammer, dropping down on something important, and getting into assault A.S.A.P. probably lightning claws up the ying yang (coolest looking weapon in the game IMHO)

an average amount of regular marines, probably plasma guns on'em...
(or less marines, and a unit of oblit's... this would be a fire base or some form of covering fire for my assaulty units)

a unit of raptors, to support the termies, or just harrass the hell out of the opposition

and i know atleast one las pred, maybe two...
or instead of the second pred, (it would also hinge on if i took the oblit...) take some heavy bolter heavy Dev's...

any type of critisism is completely and whole heartedly welcome

Old 09 Apr 2007, 00:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: starting slaneesh, help plz :-D

well with emporers children you can us sonic weapons which are amazing!

if you don't like the color of the emporers childen try to do the same scheme a little differently. i woul dsay maybe use purple if your not a fan of the pink.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 00:28   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Read the cult thread below for starters.

Aside from that:

Quote:
a unit of raptors, to support the termies, or just harrass the hell out of the opposition
If your taking a slaaneshi lord (or mistress) then you can't take Raptors. Sorry.

Quote:
an average amount of regular marines, probably plasma guns on'em...
(or less marines, and a unit of oblit's... this would be a fire base or some form of covering fire for my assaulty units)
Probably better to take a load of sonic blasters and blastmasters instead. The amount of fire power that they can kick out is to die for.

And you don't have to do the EC scheme. No one said you have to, therfore you don't. Make your own. make it dark and damn scary!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 04:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

well, is there a way to get around having a slaanesh lord, but having the benefits of slaanesh?
sorry if this seems nooby, but ive been reading through the Chaos codex all day, and the Tau codex being my first, and having it all straight forward and simple, im a lil bewildered by all the combo's and power ups and intertwining gods that chaos has to offer....
i mean, i can do without raptors, i just like the model

and any tips on what to buy first? or any sample EC's lists?
(im going EC... im just painting them differently :-D)
Old 09 Apr 2007, 10:46   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

You can have an undivided lord. BUT that would make your EC elites rather than Troops, which is a shame cause they are a fair few choices in elites which are highly recomended.

If you can live without raptors then I suggest you give your lord a slaaneshi mark: not only is it powerful, but you can have all of the emperors children as troops!

And don't worry: theres a page in the book that explains it all! Just before it goes into depth about the legions and their special rules: opposit from fabius bile
Old 10 Apr 2007, 00:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

well, instead of raptors, i was looking at the demonettes...
are they worth takin? i really like the model, just looks deadly, but does it perform?
Old 10 Apr 2007, 01:10   #7 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
well, instead of raptors, i was looking at the demonettes...
are they worth takin? i really like the model, just looks deadly, but does it perform?
HELL yes!!! they are almost like genestealers if you want a comparison. They are by far the best daemon. I know, I know "but bloodletters get power weapons and LD10." well we get rending and a cheap points cost. Rending lets us wound ANYTHING! It is only on a 6, but you can normally get a good amount of attacks to guaranty at least one 6. They also normally get to strike first.

Aun
Old 10 Apr 2007, 16:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

You can have a Slaanesh army that isnt 'emperors children' and therefor take unmarked raptors you just wont get the bonus' for taking slaanesh's favourtie number which is 6
Old 10 Apr 2007, 18:59   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

No you can't. No matter how clever your logic is if your commander is slaaneshi then you may not take raptors.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
No you can't. No matter how clever your logic is if your commander is slaaneshi then you may not take raptors.
I'm sorry, but can you please point out to me where it says in the rules that you can't. Thanks.