Warhammer 40K Forum

My 1750 Iron Warriors list for torny/fun play
Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default My 1750 Iron Warriors list for torny/fun play

Here it is and comment please ;D
HQ:
Chaos Lieutenant
Sorcery, Wind of Chaos, D. Mutation, D. Str, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, D. Aura, Mark of Chaos Undivided (MoCU), Frag @ 137

Elite:
3 Oblitorators @ 210
2 Oblitorators @ 140
2 Oblitorators @140

Troops:
9 CSM
9 MoCU, Bolter, Rhino, Smoke Launcher @ 188

9 CSM
9 MoCU, Bolt Pistols, Rhino, Smoke Launcher @ 188

9 CSM

Fast Attack:
9 Raptors
9 MoCU, Aspiring Champion, F. Charge, Power Fist @ 325

Heavy Support:
6 CSM
6 MoCU, 4 Heavy Bolters, 6 Infiltrating @ 168

My things I want are 1 more Oblitorator but I only have 66 points left over. I was thinking about taking off the MoCU of the close combat squad and joining my Hq to them, for that re-roll. But the Infiltrating H. Bolter Squad will do supressing fire, while the rhinos get table quarters or loot and the oblits will go tank hunting and hit the big stuff.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 03:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: My 1750 Iron Warriors list for torny/fun play

Man nobody loves me and this isn't even really a cheezy list.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 06:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thats a respectable and fluffy list you got there, kudos to you. At a glance, lose some oblits to give those CSM squads some heavy weapons, I like tank hunting autocannons (for fluff's sake). Lose all the rhinos, get more CSMs. throw a vindicator in there, they give oodles and ooldes of medium range protection yet at the same time not cheesy. Im not sure about the sorcerer..... I'd whip up a Kai gun jetpack lord or somthing like that.....

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 15:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I just noticed that this was a 1750 point list and you dont have a Lord!?!??! Huh!?

Take off some oblits, add a lord, and the sorcerer's cool I guess.
Firewarrior26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 16:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
Here it is and comment please ;D
HQ:
Chaos Lieutenant
Sorcery, Wind of Chaos, D. Mutation, D. Str, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, D. Aura, Mark of Chaos Undivided (MoCU), Frag @ 137
-Nice, cheap, effective, and (I assume for your army) fluffy. If this is the commander that you have chosen to represent yourself then I'm quite impressed. Most folks just can't survive w/o their Daemon Prince, but you have opted for the cheaper, fluffier HQ and have allowed plenty of points fro the rest of then army. Kudos!

Quote:
Elite:
3 Oblitorators @ 210
2 Oblitorators @ 140
2 Oblitorators @140
-I'm with the above posters on this one: Drop one Oblit to free up points to arm your mechanized infantry. One Oblit frees up enough to give them a pair of weapons each. I'll detail that in your troops section. The crossfire generated by 3 squads of 2 oblist each is more than enough to get most jobs done.

Quote:
Troops:
9 CSM

9 CSM
9 MoCU, Bolt Pistols, Rhino, Smoke Launcher @ 188

9 CSM
-Mechanized Infantry, my favorite! ;D Though my LatD army doesn't represent it well, I'm a born tread-head and both my Eldar and WH armies are fully mechanized. Using the points liberated from the dropped oblit, you can add a pair of weapons to each of these squads and still have some left over. I'd reccomend: 1 Squad with Flamers, one with Plasmas, and one with meltas will give your force versatility, and take the rhinos from being transports to being pocket main battle tanks! (I have great success using Storm Troopers this way in my WH army!) As a final note: Don't leave home w/o adding Extra Armor to each an every rhino. Even if the vehicle is stunned, it can still move; and shaken results do not effect your infantry's ability to fire from them, only the combi-bolter is affected. Think about it...

Quote:
Fast Attack:
9 Raptors
9 MoCU, Aspiring Champion, F. Charge, Power Fist @ 325
-Again you may wish to drop some quantity to add some quality. Dropping a single raptor will give you the points to add 2 - 3 special weapons to the squad; and raptors with meltaguns are happy raptors. Frag Grenades are also key in digging out bunkered down enemies.

Quote:
Heavy Support:
6 CSM
6 MoCU, 4 Heavy Bolters, 6 Infiltrating @ 168
As someone else pointed out, tank hunting autocannons would serve you better here. (You can alos keep infiltrate) I'd also reccomend MoCu for this squad as they will be making a lot of morale checks. Everyone hates havoc squads... :

Quote:
My things I want are 1 more Oblitorator but I only have 66 points left over. I was thinking about taking off the MoCU of the close combat squad and joining my Hq to them, for that re-roll. But the Infiltrating H. Bolter Squad will do supressing fire, while the rhinos get table quarters or loot and the oblits will go tank hunting and hit the big stuff.
-I wouldn't bother with an extra oblit, as I said above you could actually stand to have one less. The Sorcerer can join up with any of the rhino squads and add to their power nicely. With your remaining points you might want to consider using them, dropping a raptor, and burying some powerfists in those CSM squads.

Hope that helps,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote