Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Possible Chaos army. Working in blocks.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 08:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss
Default Possible Chaos army. Working in blocks.

Heya,
Since my eldar army is waiting to get back to me from my mate who is converting and basing, I find myself with some free time in my hands..so I found my spare Marine Sprues. Loyal and Disloyal and made a mini over a period of a few days, who is yet to be based. This mini Is basically a marine with heav battle damage and a moidified backpack made so wires are running from it and big..spikey clubs..protreude from the end. Don't whorry it is a lot more 'techhy' than it sounds, A Powerfist and Bolt Pistol (legs and arms are repositioned), he is ready for painting.
So, my point is whenever I have free time on my hands I might build some more. To help myself, I will work in 250 point blocks, keeping in mind this army is meant to be a blast to paint and convert.
Oh, a key point: I like the whole wargear/tech theme to the I ron Warriors so I am going with them. Don't worry, I won't be using a powergaming Shooty force, as you can tell from the fact my first mkodel is a CC Character.
My first question is: Do you think it is legible for me to use the fist as a Dark Blade, I will be painting it jet black, inked with a glimmer ruunning through it as if sunlight has hit it.
My second question is, will I be able to get away with using him as a L.t? He is on a raised base aswell.
Lastly, how should I write up my first 250 point block?
* * ** Cheers
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 00:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Possible Iron Warrior, non cheesy. Working in blocks.

Quote:
My first question is: Do you think it is legible for me to use the fist as a Dark Blade, I will be painting it jet black, inked with a glimmer ruunning through it as if sunlight has hit it.
I don't see a problem with that, and as long as it's on your army list, your opponet shouldn't have a problem either, and if he does then he is a little bitch.

Quote:
My second question is, will I be able to get away with using him as a L.t? He is on a raised base aswell.
Again, see no problem, sounds like a cool character anyways.

Hmmm first 250 point block...mmmm well you dont want shooty? Er, this is IW son so a squad of 8-10 CSM with either Plasma and Lascannon, plasma/plasma, or the good ol' Plasma/hvybolter should do it.

That or make a CC squad with furious charge?

But, dont be afraid of making an awesome IW army with lots of gun's > Wouldn't be IW without a few gun squads. Ooo and a Basi or vindi...
Firewarrior26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 13:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, someone has to storm that breach, and guys with heavy weapons aren't a good choice.

How about a unit of 8-10 CSMs w/ Mark of Chaos Undivided, an Aspiring champ w/ a power fist, marines w/ pistols and hth weapons. Two Meltas or flamers. Heck, maybe take a Havok squad w/ 4 assault weapons. Multiple Dreads. Would be sweet.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 17:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

for your first 250 point black I would go with a core unit. maybe a full ten man squad with rhino and assault weapons with aspiring champion. this unit could be used to secure objectives and would be very mobile.

or go with two shooty squads like Demetia was saying. two six man squads with lascannon/plasma is always a good start.
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
irishoneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2007, 01:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey guys.
I am really thinking about changing from Iron Warriors to a different legion, I really dont enjoy psinting armies of metallics.
I'll think about it.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Not that hard if you know how to drybrush and ink....

Prime black, drybush boltgun metal, ink with chestnut ink, brown ink, or put some black ink in there if you want, I personally use just chestnut ink for the rust look, and brown ink for the dirty look. then re drybrush with boltgun metal after ink dries then highlight with tin bit or mithril silver. The gold I use is just shining gold with brown ink applied to it. If my camera decides to work, and take pictures then upload them, I'll post some pics of the finished model.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Heya,
No, its not that I can't paint them.
It's that I don't really enjoy it.
I am thinking Night Lords, Word Bearers or my own custom chapter (no thoughts for it yet though).
I would love to see some pics.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 02:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

K, I will try to get some up tomorrow.