Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Combat Patrol - 400pts Army List (Please Look!!!)
Old 28 Mar 2007, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to adman101
Default Combat Patrol - 400pts Army List (Please Look!!!)

Hi i haven't made many army lists so here i go with three of 'em:

1:

HQ:
Chaos Lieutenant = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
+ [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow] Chaos Sorcerer = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Mark of Khorne = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Bolter = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Troops:

11 Chaos Marines = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
11 Marks of Khorne = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
1 Plasma Pistol = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Fast Attack:
3 Chaos Bikers = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
3 Marks of khorne = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Total = 398pts

2:

HQ:

Mark of Khorne = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Feel no pain = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Power Weapon = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Doombolt = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Warp Focus = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
Warp talisman = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Sub Total = 115pts

Troops:
15 Chaos Marines = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
15 Marks of Khorne = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Total = 400pts

3:

HQ:
Mass Mutation = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Troops:

10 Chaos Marines = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
10 Marks of Khorne - [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Heavy Support:

5 Chaos Havocs = [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts
5 Marks of Khorne =[glow=red,2,300]X[/glow]pts

Total : 370pts

EDIT: Posting individual poit values is against the forum rules and against GW's policies, so I X'ed them out. Feel free to edit. I'm looking over the lists and will post soon. - Ged
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Combat Patrol - 400pts Army List (Please Look!!!)

You can not be a sorcer and have the mark of khorne. Other than that it looks like a very good beginig, but you might want to add some special weapons in the mix.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxlover_bill369
You can not be a sorcer and have the mark of khorne. Other than that it looks like a very good beginig, but you might want to add some special weapons in the mix.
But the Rules say nothing with wounds above 2, so i cant have a HQ, unless i use my lord but say you cant have a sorcerer
Old 28 Mar 2007, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

-As has already been pointed out, Khornate Characters may not be sorcerers, however, via the collar of Khorne they can be "anti-sorcerers". I find it best not to include an HQ at all in CP, as this leaves room for more troops. This Eliminates all of the lists really.

-A second note: Marines with the Mark of Khorne may not be Havocs either. (Look in the "Books of Chaos" section right after the army list to see a chart of what allows what) This Eliminates List 3 in it's current format.

-Lets rethink this and see what you have, and where we can take it. It looks to me like you want a khornate hero (with psychic powers!?) leading 1 unit of Berzerkers, (CSM + Mark of Khorne, heretofore called "MoK") supported by a Fast Unit or a Shooty unit. Correct? So what about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged's Proposal
HQ:
Berzerker LT (Chaos LT, MoK, Ether Lance, Bolt Pistol,Frag Grenades,Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Visage) - 107
-The Ether Lance gives you a "psychic" attack that ignores marine armor saves, and is also a power weapon in combat, and the Strength boosts your physical combat charactersitic. Visage confers a morale penalty to your foe. You get a lot of attacks, and he is reletively inexpensive. being an Intependent Character, he cannot be targeted as long as you stick with your berzerkers. He can join up with the Berzerkers to take advantage of the Talisman of Burning Blood.

TROOPS:
Khorne Berzerkers x 8 (CSM x 8, MoK x 8, Khornate Chainaxe x 7, Free Aspiring Champion with: Powerfist, and Talisman of Burning Blood) - 198
-You have 7 Berzerkers with Khornate Chain-Axes here, led by an Aspiring Champion (heretofire referred to as an "AC") who has a powerfist, and the Talisman of Burning Blood for added speed. This squad will work well in tandem with your LT.

This leaves 95p for your patrol's third Element.
-This Establishes a good core for your force that does everything the above lists are trying to do, now we need one more element to round it out. Khornate players please check my numbers as I'm running from memory.

I don't have my codex with me, so I'm not sure where to go from here. I was thinking maybe Flesh Hounds or a small Squad of Bikers for a speedy unit, or a stripped down Dreadnought for firepower.

Thoughts?
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 19:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

whats with the red xes?

Edit: [glow=red,2,300]X[/glow] = Where I have Edited out a copyrighted number... :P In the future please PM me with this sort of question, as it's very off-topic. - Ged

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 05:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

amusingly enough, your revised Combat Patrol using the AC on Juggernaut and Khorne Bezerkers leaves just enough room for a Dreadnaught with 2 CCWs and TL-bolters. now that would be a fitting Khornate combat patrol. I like!

PurplKrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 05:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplKrush
amusingly enough, your revised Combat Patrol using the AC on Juggernaut and Khorne Bezerkers leaves just enough room for a Dreadnaught with 2 CCWs and TL-bolters. now that would be a fitting Khornate combat patrol. I like!
PurplKrush,

Awesome Idea! I love it. So We'd have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged and PurplKrush Combo!
HQ:
Berzerker LT (Chaos LT, MoK, Ether Lance, Bolt Pistol,Frag Grenades,Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Visage) - 107
-The Ether Lance gives you a "psychic" attack that ignores marine armor saves, and is also a power weapon in combat, and the Strength boosts your physical combat charactersitic. Visage confers a morale penalty to your foe. You get a lot of attacks, and he is reletively inexpensive. being an Intependent Character, he cannot be targeted as long as you stick with your berzerkers. He can join up with the Berzerkers to take advantage of the Talisman of Burning Blood.

TROOPS:
Khorne Berzerkers x 8 (CSM x 8, MoK x 8, Khornate Chainaxe x 7, Free Aspiring Champion with: Powerfist, and Talisman of Burning Blood) - 198
-You have 7 Berzerkers with Khornate Chain-Axes here, led by an Aspiring Champion (heretofire referred to as an "AC") who has a powerfist, and the Talisman of Burning Blood for added speed. This squad will work well in tandem with your LT.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Chaos Dreadnought (Extra CCW and Extra Armor) - 95
-Here we have a heavy-hitter that can rush the foe and is quite Khorny! I Love it.
I think we have it folks!
What do you think Adman101?
Ged

EDIT: I made a mistake on the price of the Ether Lance/Juggernaught combo. Had to modify the LT to keep him useful. Thanks - Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

Old 29 Mar 2007, 14:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon
-A second note:* Marines with the Mark of Khorne may not be Havocs either.* (Look in the "Books of Chaos" section right after the army list to see a chart of what allows what)* This Eliminates List 3 in it's current format.
Ok, well, its a lot cheaper to put my havocs with a normal marine squad, becasue havocs with a lasacannon is more points than if you give it to a normal CSM! So im going to make a list that incorporates havocs and CSM elements
Old 29 Mar 2007, 15:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon
-A second note: Marines with the Mark of Khorne may not be Havocs either. (Look in the "Books of Chaos" section right after the army list to see a chart of what allows what) This Eliminates List 3 in it's current format.
Ok, well, its a lot cheaper to put my havocs with a normal marine squad, becasue havocs with a lasacannon is more points than if you give it to a normal CSM! So im going to make a list that incorporates havocs and CSM elements
Adman101,

Sounds like a plan. Please post the new list when complete so we can discuss it.

TTFN,
Ged

Old 29 Mar 2007, 16:33   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Adman101,

Sounds like a plan. Please post the new list when complete so we can discuss it.

TTFN,
Ged
Ok, well ive made 2:

20 Chaos Marines
20 Marks of Khorne
20 Frag grenades

Troops

5 Chaos Marines
5 Marks Of Khorne
Lasacannon

5 Chaos Marines
5 Marks of Khorne

4 Chaos Marines
4 Marks of Khorne

Fast Attack

3 Chaos Bikers
3 Marks of Khorne

(could anyone check that as im really lazy lol)