Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My friendly fun LatD list
Old 28 Mar 2007, 04:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default My friendly fun LatD list

Well I want to rework my LatD list. After their big bootaroony (new made up word of the day :P) from tourney legal lists, I don't really want to abandon them (NTM they are still legal at my RTTs). So I came up with a new list thats blends fun with competitiveness.

HQ

1 Asp Champ w/ D Strength, Manreaper, MoN
= 62pts (placed in mutant squad)

Troops

3 Traitors w/ lasgun and frags
1 Traitor w/ sniper rifle
1 Traitor team w/ Lascannon
= 73pts

= 73pts

15 Burly Mutants (grouped w/ asp champ)
= 135pts

15 Burly Mutants
= 135pts

Fast Attach

10 Chaos Hounds
= 100pts

10 Chaos Hounds
= 100pts

7 Rough Riders w/ Hunting Lances
2 Rough Riders w/ Melta Guns
= 135pts

Heavy Support

1 Basilisk
= 100pts

5 Chaos Spawns
= 100pts

Total= 997pts

All in all, its a fast flanking army with alot of close combat. It has alot of anti tank for 1000 points so anything anti swarm will be taken out early. The fast attack swoops around while the mutants and spawns pack a hard punch and push right through anything coming their way. The traitors will take out anything tank then turn their attention to characters. The bassie will lay down suppressing fire on anything that needs it.

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 04:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: My friendly fun LatD list

Looks good, but you could add another rider to each unit bolstering them up to 10 men each. Then you will have 2 points left.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 13:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The list is illegal. Atleast one of those Traitor units needs to be up to full strength, or you need to split that unit of Mutants in two.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

[quote=Sitarangi]
Well I want to rework my LatD list. After their big bootaroony (new made up word of the day :P) from tourney legal lists, I don't really want to abandon them (NTM they are still legal at my RTTs). So I came up with a new list thats blends fun with competitiveness.
[quote]
-They're still legal in all tournaments I've visited, where did this info come from? ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitarangi
HQ

1 Asp Champ w/ D Strength, Manreaper, MoN
= 62pts (placed in mutant squad)
-I've never seen anyone do this before, but I don't see a problem. You'll have to let me know how this turns out.

Quote:
Troops

= 73pts

= 73pts
-As has been pointed out, if a traitor squad is taken as a cumpulsory, it must be taken at full strength. I'd advise that we use a squad of Nurglings here as your second compulsory. (Counts as Gibbering Hordes) You can get the points from the FA choices. Gibbers are nasty anyway, and oft underestimated. I like the "heavy sniper" configuration, though inaccurate it tends to draw a lot of attention away from more valuable units, and the value of infiltration is not to be denied.

Quote:
30 Burly Mutants (grouped w/ asp champ)
= 270pts
-Burly? Why not bloated? I thought we had a theme going here! I don't see a problem here, (Burly is fine, I'm just yanking your chain) but I might reccomend dropping a couple of mutants to upgrade to an Agitator and give you a second hidden powerfist...

Quote:
Fast Attach

10 Chaos Hounds
= 100pts

9 Rough Riders w/ Hunting Lances
= 99pts

9 Rough Riders w/ Hunting Lances
= 99pts
-Beyond dropping a few of these to add some Nurglings for the second cumpulsory, I think that you're missing out on a chance to iclude some much-needed anti-armor here. A melta or two in those rough-rider squads will make them more versetile, and give them ustility after their initial charge.

Quote:
Heavy Support

1 Basilisk
= 100pts
-ACK! Illegal option. each Traitor choice opens you upt to 1 trator recon or traitor Tank option. You'll have to drop one of the Rough-rider squads in order to keep the Basi, or transform one of the rough rider squads into a second squad of hounds... In fact this may be for the best as we needed a unit of Nurglings anyway... Beyond that, investing the 5 points in Extra armor is never a waste, as you have the option to run if your shaken/stunned.

Quote:
5 Chaos Spawns
= 100pts
-Mmmmm... Spawn... (No prob here)

Quote:
Total= 976pts
-You have points left over?!? This is almost exactly what you need for that hidden powerfist agitator.

Quote:
All in all, its a fast flanking army with alot of close combat. It has alot of anti tank for 1000 points so anything anti swarm will be taken out early. The fast attack swoops around while the mutants and spawns pack a hard punch and push right through anything coming their way. The traitors will take out anything tank then turn their attention to characters. The bassie will lay down suppressing fire on anything that needs it.
-I like it very much, all you need to do is get the illegal selection issues under control and it should perform well.

TTFN,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 04:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Burly? Why not bloated? I thought we had a theme going here! I don't see a problem here, (Burly is fine, I'm just yanking your chain) but I might reccomend dropping a couple of mutants to upgrade to an Agitator and give you a second hidden powerfist
Burly is better, though they will be modelled as bloated :P.....

Quote:
As has been pointed out, if a traitor squad is taken as a cumpulsory, it must be taken at full strength. I'd advise that we use a squad of Nurglings here as your second compulsory. (Counts as Gibbering Hordes) You can get the points from the FA choices
Good idea, I forgot. I'll lose a squad of rough riders for 10 bases of nurglings. Given that this army has a serious CC theme.....

Quote:
-Beyond dropping a few of these to add some Nurglings for the second cumpulsory, I think that you're missing out on a chance to iclude some much-needed anti-armor here. A melta or two in those rough-rider squads will make them more versetile, and give them ustility after their initial charge.
Fair enough, ill add some meltas in there with my extra points.

Quote:
-I like it very much, all you need to do is get the illegal selection issues under control and it should perform well.
My original LatD army has a major zombie theme, actually this is the first time I used Imp guard stuff- ever, so im sure some stuff would be screwed up.

Quote:
They're still legal in all tournaments I've visited, where did this info come from
Just scroll down a bit....
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...st/default.htm

Old 10 Apr 2007, 19:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I redid the list- finaly

I just edited the first post, enjoy

Old 10 Apr 2007, 20:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would not upgrade your mutants and just give them a mutant leader or whatever they are called a powerfist and try to get more mutants, the muscle upgrade isn't really worth it but if you want it get rid of the traitors.
They hide their faces in snarling iron, but the cruelty, in their hearts is manifest in their brutal deeds. We are lost, and we are done. May the God-Emperor forgive our failure and protect our souls.
-last transmission of General DeLestt, Urdesh
Anarch is offline   Reply With Quote