Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Slaanesh Chaos lord
Old 27 Mar 2007, 14:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Slaanesh Chaos lord

OK... I have had a lot of thoughts what would be a good chaos lord and one was a terminator lord with lash of torment but I don't want termies in my army because I don't feel like doing conversions. I thought of a mobile chaos lord that can reinforce my lines or help get some daemonettes summoned quick.
Nero-172 pts.
Chaos Lord
MoS
Steed of Slaanesh
Combat Drugs
Dark Blade
Daemonic resilience
Daemonic aura
Bolt Pistol
Frag nades

now I would like to add spiky bits but this is a pretty pricey model as it is and I don't even know if it is worth it considering a powerfist could just crush him but hopefully with his high strength and number of attacks he would wipe out the enemy squad before they could counter attack.
Is this a good idea or should I do some sliming in points?
They hide their faces in snarling iron, but the cruelty, in their hearts is manifest in their brutal deeds. We are lost, and we are done. May the God-Emperor forgive our failure and protect our souls.
-last transmission of General DeLestt, Urdesh
Anarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 15:18   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Slaanesh Chaos lord

add spikey bits. Don't worry about anything: just add them...

and for summoning you forgot to take the personal icon if you want him to summon. And good you stayed away from the lash of tourment...

Have you read the slaaneshi cult thread?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 16:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by S I L K
add spikey bits. Don't worry about anything: just add them...

and for summoning you forgot to take the personal icon if you want him to summon. And good you stayed away from the lash of tourment...

Have you read the slaaneshi cult thread?
So personal icon and spiky bits, thanks and I don't see why the lash isn't a good weapon if you have a good body guard.
They hide their faces in snarling iron, but the cruelty, in their hearts is manifest in their brutal deeds. We are lost, and we are done. May the God-Emperor forgive our failure and protect our souls.
-last transmission of General DeLestt, Urdesh
Anarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 06:39   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

for all the simple reasons in the cult thread: it's out dated
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarch
Nero-172 pts.
Chaos Lord
MoS
Steed of Slaanesh
Combat Drugs
Dark Blade
Daemonic resilience
Daemonic aura
Bolt Pistol
Frag nades
-Wow, this guy is like a bulked up version of my Arch Heretic. (See my Sig) I assume that you'll be using the boxed Slanneshi fantasy Lord model to avoid conversions. (I thought about doing the same, but had a model that I dearly loved that I wanted to keep... ) A few notes however to make him a lot more dangerous.
1) Drop Resilience - Use your IC status to keep from being fired upon, then use your 19-24" charge range to hit the enemy.
2) If you strike the edge of the enemy squad, particularly if you hit the edge where your foe is hiding his hidden powerfist, you can clean out your kill zone with your effective I6 and effective 8A (Use the spiky bits, they effectively give you +1A whenever you have more than 3 attacks just due to the law of averages) (Attacks = Lord's Base + Pistol&DB + Drugs + Spiky Bits + Steed + Assault = 8!?!)
3) Add a personal Icon. I cannot count the number of times I have used my Arch-Heretic to summon Daemonettes right up my opponent's nose. Nothing says love like a couple of squads of squirming, nude, razor-death appearing in the middle of the enemy force from no-where... >
4) Doom Siren - You can now ignore cover, so you go first more often. As an addd bonus: If a horde gets close this gives you an 8" template with a 12" assault range...

Enjoy the Violence,
Ged of Paragon

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote