Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Rules FAQ - Ask Rules Questions Here
Closed Thread
Old 08 Nov 2005, 22:29   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Chaos Rules FAQ - Ask Rules Questions Here

Strength 8, I believe - the modified Toughness only effects the To Wound roll, much like a model on a bike *shudders*... an Obliterator on a Bike.... Agggghhh!
Old 08 Nov 2005, 22:29   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubukii
are obliterators Insta killed by str8 weapons or str 10 only. Someone said that their toughness 5 is issued like daemonic resilance, but i cant find any proof to that statement.
A:

Obliterators are T4(5) in a FAQ, which was then printed in the 3rd edition Chaos Codex (latest reprint). All of the latest prints of the chaos codex now carry T4(5) published within it, so it's no longer available in a FAQ for download from GW (as they assume you will purchase a new codex instead of just printing a FAQ).

They can indeed be insta-killed by a S8 weapon. So beware lascannons and bright lances.

For proof, you simply need to look at a local copy of the lastest codex, as the earlier prints lacked the distinction and simply had T5, where as the new ones have T4(5).
Old 16 Nov 2005, 08:56   #23 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Xenephobic Send a message via MSN to Xenephobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasOJeff
I have a question about the Chosen of Ahriman. In the entry for their psychic power "The Key", it says that they, their followers, and a unit with the rubric sign within 6", may deploy as if by deepstrike rather than moving. In the chaos codex, under the entry for chaos space marines in the book of tzeentch, it say that the unit aspiring champion, if any, is automatically upgraded to sorcerer, and the rest of the models in the squad get the rubric sign. Would this mean that I can't use "the Key" on units that have an aspiring champion in them? Also, does this mean that I can't transport possessed or chosen or anything else fun like that?
A:

Good question! Unfortunately; I do not have the White Dwarf with these rules, so I cannot really comment on them. However, if someone else has the rules and can answer this, it would be helpful However, judging from your description, it sounds as if they're simply referring to any squad that contains models with the rubric sign. Remember, champions are upgrades, and not required to be taken in units of marines. It also sounds like Possessed and Chosen, who do not become Rubric marines, would not be able to do this (as they are sorcerers).

Cheers!
From the way the rules are worded i believe that Mal is correct in his assumption, The chosen may only use his power on himself (and his followers - ie thralls, dogs, spawn etc) and a single unit of Chaos marines or Terminators with the Rubric Sign within 6". Because aspiring champions are upgrades (and don't automaticaly come with the squad) only units that do not contain them can use the key.

Fluff wise this is proberbly because the chosen have been entrusted with this secret knowledge and they don't want to be sharing their secrets with normal "lesser" sorcerers.

Also if you have a copy of the UK WD308, on p.90 (where the rules for chosen are) then you can see a picture of the chosen leading a squad of marked marines - no sorcerer in sight.

Old 05 Dec 2005, 06:02   #24 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS
Default Temp Chaos Question

Is it possible to have an undivided army that contains aspects from the cult armies (Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh, Tzeentch). For example: I have a troop heavy army that includes marines with close combat weapons, raptors, obliterators and havocs. Can I feild Thousand Sons soldiers and still use these? In other words; I want to maintain my undivided army but use Thousand Sons marines in it. Legal or illegal?

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Old 05 Dec 2005, 15:31   #25 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Temp Chaos Question

Q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_XS
Is it possible to have an undivided army that contains aspects from the cult armies (Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh, Tzeentch). For example: I have a troop heavy army that includes marines with close combat weapons, raptors, obliterators and havocs. Can I feild Thousand Sons soldiers and still use these? In other words; I want to maintain my undivided army but use Thousand Sons marines in it. Legal or illegal?
A:

This is totally legal. You may even use more than one mark if you like! The only catch, is that marked marines, in your undivided army (cult marks) will be elites. This is actually detailed in your chaos codex.

For example:

HQ - Mark Undivided
Elite - Thousand Sons x 9 (Mark Tzeentch)
Troop - Undivided
Troop - Undivided
Heavy - Undivided

Notice you can keep the marks, and that your Tzeentch mark is made an elite. This happens because your HQ's mark is not Tzeentch. You can still include them, but they simply wouldn't be a troop--they're elites now.

You could also do more:

For example:

HQ - Mark Undivided
Elite - Thousand Sons x 9 (Mark Tzeentch)
Elite - Noise Marines x 6 (Mark Slaneesh)
Troop - Undivided
Troop - Undivided
Heavy - Undivided

Again, the same thing. They marked troops that don't share the same mark as your HQ become an elite, so now we have multiple marks, and they both become elites. That is what the Black Legion (the basis of Undivided) is all about.

Cheers!
Old 05 Dec 2005, 22:54   #26 (permalink)
Shas'La

Interesting... What if I was to use a lord with a mark of Tzeentch and give my troops the undivided mark? Would my undivided troops be elite, or is this just plain stuipd and not allowed? Bear in mind that this is NOT a pure 1k sons army, I know they have special rules and restrictions that an otherwise normal army wouldn't.

(You'll have to forgive my stupid questions, I'm used to old rules and didn't have the money to buy the new codex)

Old 05 Dec 2005, 23:18   #27 (permalink)
Shas'O

Q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_XS
Interesting... What if I was to use a lord with a mark of Tzeentch and give my troops the undivided mark? Would my undivided troops be elite, or is this just plain stuipd and not allowed? Bear in mind that this is NOT a pure 1k sons army, I know they have special rules and restrictions that an otherwise normal army wouldn't.

(You'll have to forgive my stupid questions, I'm used to old rules and didn't have the money to buy the new codex)
A:

There is no such thing as a stupid question Keep them coming if you have them. Others have the same question and simply don't ask.

The mark Undivided is special and separate from the other mark of Chaos. So it follows different rules (ie: it's an exception as it's a mark that doesn't follow any particular god).

Your situation:

If your HQ has the mark of Tzeentch, the only thing that this effects is two things: (1) any units which take the mark of Tzeentch remain in their force organizational slot instead of moving to an elite. So for example, your Troops marked Tzeentch, remain troops (if your HQ was marked anything else, they would have become elites). (2) The second is, an HQ with the mark of Tzeentch effects the "Ancient Enemies" rules. Armies lead by a particular mark may not include other marks. This is detailed in the book of Chaos under "Ancient Enemies." For example, an army lead by an HQ marked Tzeentch would not be able to include units with the mark of Nurgle and vise verse. The same is true for Khorne and Slaneesh.

Now, no matter what mark you take as an HQ, the mark of undivided always remains where it is in the force organizational chart. You may have an HQ marked as Tzeentch and marked troops Undivided, and they remain troops. Also note - if you don't mark a unit, it doesn't change either, based on the HQ. The HQ mark simply reflects what can be a Troop selection (or Fast Attack and Heavy Selection) and what becomes an elite when marked. If the HQ and unit share the same mark, they remain in place. Otherwise, the marked units become elites---the exception to this is the mark Undivided, which doesn't change place (as if they weren't even marked).

Cheers!
Old 05 Dec 2005, 23:31   #28 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thats awesome! Thanks for your help, it makes building a Tzeentchii Undivided army seem within reach now. All I need is money and to find a GW near me ;D Thanks again!

Old 06 Dec 2005, 00:07   #29 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm building a chaos army, I've decided that since I like the fallen Angels so much i dicided to make a chaos army out of them, Can I do this our should i build a new chaos theme?
Old 06 Dec 2005, 02:07   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

Q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod the 5
I'm building a chaos army, I've decided that since I like the fallen Angels so much i dicided to make a chaos army out of them, Can I do this our should i build a new chaos theme?
A:

The rules of Chaos are flexible as your imagination in many ways. We don't need traits like Space Marines, as we have marks and veteran skills galore to custom tailor a force of your choice--usually Legions make better templates for making custom armies. You could theme an army out of Dark Angels, using Chaos rules, 100% legit and legal. It would look great too--Cypher could lead the bunch (his model anyways).

You could make a fallen Ultra Marines chapter if you wanted too. Anything goes The only ones that are untouchable to Chaos, so far in the fluff, are the Grey Knights. Everyone else (human wise) is susceptible to the taint of Chaos. The limit merely rests with you

Cheers! (And welcome to the forum by the way!)