Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

LatD HQs: Worlds Simplest Rules Fix?
Old 08 Mar 2007, 01:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default LatD HQs: Worlds Simplest Rules Fix?

I've heard a lot of flak in that LatD armies cannot take 'human' HQs... solutions range from bastardized Guard command squads to Priests and some other, wonkier thoughts.

And then the simplest thought occured to me.

Just let them take Rogue Psykers and Apostate Cardinals from the Witch Hunter Adversaries list.

Works like duct tape.

AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2007, 01:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: LatD HQs: Worlds Simplest Rules Fix?

Heh,

Simple rule fix and "GW game" are so opposite each other that it broke my LCD panel.

Anyhow, the Damned cannot be lead by a normal human. A normal human would have to be possessed or somehow, manage to find a way to live for centuries to thousands of years to amass the kind of power it would take to lead/control mindless mobs like this. But not so powerful as to control a legion of marines for example. This is why the leader is only a Chaos Lt., not Lord as the highest rank. And the Champions, being the next highest rank. They're `human' in a way, but long modified and lost their humanity, from mutation, implant, corruption, what have you.

It would be absolutely joyful to have the Rogue Psyker as an actual option. I have a model for it, specifically. But alas. Rules.

Luckily you can just take a Champ and make him a `corrupt commissar.' Field him in some traitors or mutants. Voila.

Very best,
Old 08 Mar 2007, 01:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
A normal human would have to be possessed or somehow, manage to find a way to live for centuries to thousands of years to amass the kind of power it would take to lead/control mindless mobs like this.
Scratching out that kind of power base would be troubling, but extending their lifespan wouldn't be any more of a problem for them than it would be for any other human in the depths of the Eye...

Quote:
It would be absolutely joyful to have the Rogue Psyker as an actual option. I have a model for it, specifically. But alas. Rules.
The tentacle-y orator? I loved that model. I know you can't do it with strict rules, but in friendly games I'd certainly let any opponent I faced do it... matter of fact I'm writing a list now!
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2007, 16:38   #4 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Hmm... I do agree that having the Apostate Cardinal and Rogue Psyker in the LatD would be cool, but to be honest I think it's fine the way it is.

My Arch Heretic is a Fallen Inquisitor (Already a enough good excuse for a 3+ Sv and WS BS 4!) and to represent the rest of his powerful nature, his Toughness comes from the Heart of a Daemon he has fused to his armour and his Strength from his Blade (Dark Blade.) Imagination is the key with LatD HQ's.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 20:16   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

whilst where on the subject of the LatD, can i ask what is the point of limting the HQ?

It says everything bar lords. But then it says that you can have a 0-1 allied HQ choice.

Is this a mistake? done on purpose? or am i just missing something?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2007, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
whilst where on the subject of the LatD, can i ask what is the point of limting the HQ?

It says everything bar lords. But then it says that you can have a 0-1 allied HQ choice.

Does it say that? I'll have to check my dex again. I've been wanting to get back into chaos but can't decide on a power or army. I want to do something different with loads of hooded mutants and spawn. I'd also like to add a few converted bull ogres and if I could add a daemon prince I'd start a LatD army now.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 17:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare

Heya,

The point is to ensure you don't attempt to take two Lords, just like you can't attempt to take two Greater Daemons. The Damned was an attempt to slow down the use of ultra-pimped-Chaos-Lords and instead, give folk the option to take something else--scoring aspiring champions. But knowing Chaos players, they still give you the option of everything as normal, since 0-1 choices from the Chaos book means you can still get a Lord. But he's your 2nd HQ choice! That means you must have a L&tD HQ before you can even get that Lord in your list. So in fact, it costs you more to do it this way than not.

Personally, I treat the `Lord' in the Damned list as a pseudo-Heavy in a way. A monstrous creature in the Damned is like a Carnifex in a Swarm.... it's just, he occupies an HQ instead. He just begs to be shot, but is limited in what he does since the swarm gets in the way too often.

Cheers,
Old 11 Mar 2007, 17:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I just read my dex again and was thinking about using the aspiring champions with 3 squads of mutants. I could then take a daemon prince as the other HQ. I think that is very reasonable and it seems to me there is no needed fix for the HQ. I wanted to make an army from the witch hunter force in the back many times but there is no option if not facing certain enemies so that HQ option would be useless wouldn't it?
Old 12 Mar 2007, 12:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

my legion of marlek [my daemon prince] has 2 asp champs aligned to khorne for one HQ and my giant flying Daemon prince as the other.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2007, 17:09   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via ICQ to Carrakon

I Plan on using the rogue psyker a a HQ when my LatD are ready for battle. I picked up a 2nd Edition IG Psyker who just screams "Ming the Merciless" to me ;P