Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nurgle tactica/army list discussion
Old 07 Mar 2007, 18:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Nurgle tactica/army list discussion

Open forum for nurgle tactics and army lists disscussion. I also want to make some workhorse deathguard lists (i.e. Plaugespear, Plaugewing, Plaugehammer, mech, and infiltrate lists). Also if anyone has anything they want to submit for just PM me, ill add it to the list below.

H.Q: (LT tactica, Lord/dp Tactica, GUO tactica)
Elites termie/chosen tactica, possessed tacitca)
Troops: (PMs tactcia, demon tactica, nurgling tactica)
Fast: (Rhino tactica?)
Heavys: (Pred tactica, defieler tactica, dread tactica, LR tactica)

Army lists: (Plaugespear list, Plaugewing list, Plaugehammer list, Mech list, infiltrate list)

HQs:

Elites:

Troops:

Fast Attack:

Heavy Support:

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 21:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Nurgle tactica/army list discussion

I'm completely willing to put up my rendition of a "pop-up plague" list, (infiltrating Death Guard) as soon as i get a bit more time. I'll edit it into this post.
Deadman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 21:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Scions of the Plague God hear my taunt,

The followers of Khorne, Tzeench, and Slannesh have all wrought great works in the names of their patrons; who have smiled down upon them for their faith. Their Tactica shall become a part of the Chaos Board's collective soul and guide sorjourners along the path.
The Plague God is not pleased, even the Nurglings have ceased to caper in their newfound sadness and dissapointment. No tactica exists for the servants of the unclean one.

Are you gonna take that from a guy who runs a 4-man cult? :P
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2007, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

O Snap, you just got told!!!! ;D

Old 08 Mar 2007, 20:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon

The followers of Khorne, Tzeench, and Slannesh have all wrought great works in the name oif their patrons; who have smiled down upon them for their faith. Their Tactica shall become a part of the Chaos Board's collective soul and guide sorjourners along the path.
The Plague God is not pleased, even the Nurglings have ceased to caper in their newfound sadness and dissapointment. No tactica exists for the servants of the unclean one.

Ged
Thats the point of this thread ;D

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2007, 20:40   #6 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Well why don't you start?
Old 08 Mar 2007, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

we're on page six.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2007, 00:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitarangi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon

The followers of Khorne, Tzeench, and Slannesh have all wrought great works in the name oif their patrons; who have smiled down upon them for their faith. Their Tactica shall become a part of the Chaos Board's collective soul and guide sorjourners along the path.

Ged
Thats the point of this thread ;D
Sitarangi,

That was aimed at your fellow cultists, I know that you care. Well I guess I'll take a quick break from Tactica: Noise Marine to help get this started with a look at the Mark of Nurgle itself.

The Mark of Nurgle:
The Mark of Nurgle is at the core of one of the most effective tournament armies in 40k: Deathguard. It provides a number of advantages for the pestilence-minded that are the envy of all other cults. The first and most obvious is the boost to your Toughness characteristic. Firing on a PLague Marine is a chancy business for bolter and (their false god help them) lasgun troops. Secondly you gain access to the much sought after ability to fire your bolters as bolt pistols in CC; meaning that you can have your bolter range without sacrificing your CC ability. This is of suprising use on independent characters who opt not ot wield a Manreaper, and instead take advantahe of the various combi-weapons available to them. Finally the children of father nurgle are fearless, as they know that even when death claims them that his putrid mightiness can bring them back even more powerful and loathsome than before. Perhaps this is the central tennet of the Plague Marine: Father Nurgle Loves You, and while he is with you death has no permenant hold on you. :-* Your only real disadvantage is the loss of heavy weapons for your Plague Marines. THis isn't a huge loss, as you have many options for close attack Special weapons, and fantastic choices for vehicle mounted guns. Finally access to the Nurgle armory is never to be scoffed at!
The Boost to toughness means that many units that terrorize normal marines have far less effect on you. Those howling banshees, and their I6 power weapons are no where near as frightenening when they need 6's to wound you, and even their Seers' much vaunted "Doom" psychic power only raises the chance of a successful kill/hit ratio from .083/attack to .097/attack. IE it takes 10.31 attacks to confirm 1 kill even with Doom active. For normal marines the ratio is .17/attacks and with doom it rises to .226/attack. In other words normal marines drop at the rate of 5.88 attacks/kill. Doom makes it 4.42 attacks/kill. So 6 banshees launch 18 attacks on the assault, and always go first: 1.49 Plague marines would die, while any other marine unit would lose 3.06 bodies. Even if we assume that they are unmarked chaos marines: 28.31 points os Plague Marines are lost vs. 42.84 unmarked marines. Do I have your interest yet? Point over point the only marines that give Plague Marines a run for their money are Tzeenchian Rubrics, and they cost more...
True Grit is a fantastic ability that takes the sting out of the immortal question of: Bolter Range vs. CCW&Bolt Pistol CC goodness. Plage Marines can take great advantage of Close range shooting, and can surge into CC if it's more advantageos with the same unit config. It's no big thing to bury a powerfist in there and really mess your foe up; Your only real difficulty being rending weapons that ignore your improved toughness. Plage Lords and LTs can make better use of Combi-Weapons than any other Chaos Marine HQ. They don't remove his extra CC attack, and though you lose 1 attack on the initial assault; who cares: You can take that combi-Melta, hit on 2, and blow that enemy tank/IC sky-high before switching to a CC footing and Plague-Swording the crap out of the nearest foe.
Fearlessness requires little explaination. You can afford to have smaller unit sizes without worrying about a forced morale check from shooting. It laughs in the face of morale busting attacks like Fear the Darkness, Slanneshi Warp Amps, and the Necron Nightmare Shroud. You just have to be careful about losing out in CC, as the extra free wounds can hurt you.
While Heavy Weapons are out, a six-man infiltrating/rhino squad with Meltaguns (and led by an AC with a Combi-Melta maybe?) can exterminate most tanks. As a rhino squad they can take the Tank Hunters vet Skill, and strike with 12" lascannons at 12". Considering that you can surge ahead 12", pop smoke, and still fire your squad-carried Meltas from the top, you have a 24" turn 1 strike range; 36" on most boards as the average deplyment range is 12"! In fact Infiltrating Havoc Squads with 4 meltas each... > Predators, Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, and Defilers all make fantastic heavy weapons support for Nurgle's children, but thats fodder for a more detailed tactica.
The Nurgle Armory has a number of nasty must haves. The Manreaper and Plague Sword are both terrors in CC; the Pandemic Staff, and Plague banner are fun for shooting; and Nurgle's Rot is a cheap way to add a few extra wounds to anyone that gets close. The Nurgle Minor Psychic Powers are one of the better power-lists available.

This is just a general write-up, and an invitation to expand on these points.
TTFN,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

Old 09 Mar 2007, 00:50   #9 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
Point over point the only marines that give Plague Marines a run for their money are Tzeenchian Rubrics, and they cost more...
Yes but we can rapid-fire our bolters and STILL assault into close combat with the same offensive capability's as normall marines.* 8) This means that we have three times the killing potential of a normal squad of marines at the start of a turn 12 inches from an enemy unit, and that is without the sorcerer with Wind of Chaos or Doombolt with a power weapon.
Old 09 Mar 2007, 01:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun
Quote:
Point over point the only marines that give Plague Marines a run for their money are Tzeenchian Rubrics, and they cost more...
Yes but we can rapid-fire our bolters and STILL assault into close combat with the same offensive capability's as normall marines. 8) This means that we have three times the killing potential of a normal squad of marines at the start of a turn 12 inches from an enemy unit, and that is without the sorcerer with Wind of Chaos or Doombolt with a power weapon.
Aun,

The title of this thread is "Nurgle Tactica/Army List Discussion". Please keep obsevations on Tzeench's servants in your own cult tactica thread. :P Make fun of them all you want, but for your fluffy 9 man squad (Assuming a Hidden Powerfist, and Bolt of Change/Winds of Chaos/Gift of Chaos), they can have 7 guys and a couple of meltaguns, AND a free AC with a Plague Sword; and a 7-base squad of Nurglings to whip into CC with them... Lets see what happens then!

Mmmm, all is dust, again... Mmmm...
Ged