Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lost and the Damned vs all (Tourney) 1750 pts
Old 07 Mar 2007, 11:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Lost and the Damned vs all (Tourney) 1750 pts

I've an upcomming tourney to get ready for, and I want to dust off my LatD and hopefully make them more competative.

I'd love to hear feedback for the following army.

HQ
2 x Asp Champs, w/ MoK,D Speed, P Fist

Elites
8 x Possesed w/ D Talons, Mok, Asp Champ with P Fist, Tal of B Blood

2 x Obliterators

Troops
2 x 20 x Mutants w/ Leaping, 2 x Flamers, Boss w/ P Fist
3 x 6 Traitors w/ Autocannon, Sniper Rifle

Fast Attack
3 x 2 Sentinals w/ Autocannon

Heavy Support
5 x Chaos Spawn

Total 1686

The Plan

Aspiring champs join mutants and thay and the possed charge forward to engage, whilst the traitors, obliterators and sentinals lay down fire support. The spawn follow behind and are mainly to be used to hold objectives etc.

I've about 64 points left, any ideas for what to use them for?

Many thanks

Kris
lofwyrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 14:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Lost and the Damned vs all (Tourney) 1750 pts

Kris,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofwyrkp
I've an upcomming tourney to get ready for, and I want to dust off my LatD and hopefully make them more competative.
-Sounds like fun.

Quote:
HQ
2 x Asp Champs, w/ MoK,D Speed, P Fist
-Good nasty fun, No Problems here.

Quote:
Elites
8 x Possesed w/ D Talons, Mok, Asp Champ with P Fist, Tal of B Blood
-Speedy, (Thanks to talisman) rending that will instantly cause target priority confusion with your mutant squads. (I know to shoot your muties first, but many players don't). Great combo!

Quote:
2 x Obliterators
-Solid anti-tank. Try to hide them behind cover on turn 1 so they cannot be shot if you don't go first.

Quote:
Troops
2 x 20 x Mutants w/ Leaping, 2 x Flamers, Boss w/ P Fist
-Really nasty. Cavalry movement guarantees a turn 2 assault if not turn 1. Between your AC and your Agitator, you boast 9 power-fist attacks on the asault... Ewwww!

Quote:
3 x 6 Traitors w/ Autocannon, Sniper Rifle
-Intersting combination. Good for light-medium vehicle hunting, MC hunting, can infiltrate, and can cause pinning. Not to mention they unlock your sentinels.

Quote:
Fast Attack
3 x 2 Sentinals w/ Autocannon
-This is an interesting choice. If you face an escalation mission, they will be a god-send; otherwise I see them as tin-cans on a firing range. Still, for the cost they are an inexpensive way to add dakka to the army. The Autocannon is very versitile, and makes these units effective against a wide variety of foes. Three things: 1) Always move these in template terrain and/or behind cover. Hull-down is the difference between life and death for these light scout walkers. In fact, starting them Behind template terrain, just like the oblits, is condusive to their long-term survival. 2) If facing troops with S3 for CC, don't be shy about throwing these into combat to block fire lnes and allow your assault troops a chance to splatter them. 3) Don't (For the love of Khorne) place these among your troops. I love getting PEN6/ORD5-6 against a Sentinel standing among lightly armored troops and watching the ensuing fire-ball. Oh, and try not to forget to use your scout move to tacticaly reposition yourself to the enemy before the game starts.

Quote:
Heavy Support
5 x Chaos Spawn
-Heres where the last of your points can go to great effect. Shave one spawn off of your first squad, and add the remaining points to it to allow a second squad of spawn. So your entry becomes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged
Heavy Support
1) 4 x Chaos Spawn
2) 4 x Chaos Spawn
-This gives you 2 8-wound scoring units that can withstand withering fire, support your sentinels and traitors as counter-charge units, and even support your main assault. For their cost:usefulness ratio Spawn rock the house! (and it's not like you have a lot of other HS choices that can be used w/o adding more traitors. A defiler? Um... no. :P )

Quote:
Total 1686
-Now 1746 if you take my suggestion. You could even sneak one more flamer analog into one of your mutant squads to make it 1749...

Quote:
The Plan

Aspiring champs join mutants and thay and the possed charge forward to engage, whilst the traitors, obliterators and sentinals lay down fire support. The spawn follow behind and are mainly to be used to hold objectives etc.
-Sounds solid. I'd like to add: Make solid use of cover on your approach. With the mobility afforded by Your Speed Mutants, you shoud have little trouble cutting down on the # of foes that can see you. My only concern is your low model count, but as long as you play smart the effectiveness of this army isn't in doubt. If you play on boards with minimum terrain, you will probably die a horrible death though, so don't let your opponent talk you into any less than the reccomended 25% table coverage, and encourage him/her/it to add more if possible.

I hope that helps,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote