Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Whats a good tactic against the Nids'
Old 04 Mar 2007, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Whats a good tactic against the Nids'

Well my cousin has the Nids' and I and him had a mini battle last night. He had the Necrons and Nids (becausehis Nids' army is small, and my army is very big) and I had the CSM.

Some how he defeated me, (one way was he deep striked his flayed ones and took on my terminator lord then got the genestealers to finish him, and another he kept his Hive tyrant behide his pyramid he made and let all the necrons and Nids' to fight for him). I tired to attack his hive tyrant with my bikers, but they were attacked along the way there, and the hive tyrant took them out without a sweat.

I want to know a good tatic against the Nids' so I can take him out before he gets into CC with me.
Mostly every battle we have he always hides the Hive tyrant, gets his Nids' to take my marines out, then when my guard is down he pulls out his hive tryant to finish it off.

So what will be a good tatic against the Nids' and a way to destroy that Hive Tyrant!!?? >

Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2007, 01:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Whats a good tactic against the Nids'

Well, the general idea is to shoot them. Specifics get into what to shoot and when to shoot it.

Priority 1s: Winged Tyrants, Genestealers, Raveners, Hormagaunts, Gargoyles
- These guys are fast and most of them are mean. Gargoyles and hormagaunts aren't to hard to defeat with Marines, but they're not bad in combat and are fairly cheap. You don't want these guys to tie up your good shooty units like Havocs, so it's a good idea to shoot them. Raveners are fast and gribbly, but not very durable. They're like expensive, fast genestealers but not as good - but they still hit hard. Genestealers, as I'm sure you know, are absolutely frakkin' brutal. Never let these hit your lines if you can help it, because if you don't outnumber them by 3:1 you don't stand much of a chance. Now for the biggest threat... Winged Tyrants. Shoot these with all your available anti-tank weaponry, as they are stronger even than many Daemon Princes. Scary stuff.

Before I go on, which legion (if any) do you play? What list do you use?

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2007, 01:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I find that the best Chaos army against Nids are Slaanesh armies. Those Sonic Blasrwea just do so much damage to the hordes. Against the Hive Tyrant, you could just take a Lascannon in a Noise Marine squad or take a tri las predator (or my favorite tank hunting Predator, Blastmaster and 2 las). It should dispose of it pretty easily with concentrated firepower. Or you could just aim a 12-man Noise Marine squad full of Sonic Blasters at the Tyrant and let volume of fire do its work.

What Chaos army do you play?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Black Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2007, 02:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Before I go on, which legion (if any) do you play? What list do you use?
[/quot

I don't play a legion and what do you mean by list. ???

Old 04 Mar 2007, 02:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Army list. The models you use and the equipment they have.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2007, 02:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Do you play Black Legion? Black Legion is basically just using the codex list without any extra rules, like Ultramarines is with Space Marines.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 04 Mar 2007, 03:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well i have:
HQ:
1 chaos t lord
daemonic essence
daemonic reilience
daemonic straight
terminator amour
daemonic stature
berserker glaive

1 sorcerer
daemonic essence
daemonic straight
daemonic amour
daemonic aura
dark blade

ELITES:
5 possessed csm
1 obliterator

TROOPS:
7 ASP
daemonic aura
daemonic amour
daemonic essence

16 chaos space marines
24 Khorne berserker's

TRANSPORT
1chaos rhino

FAST ATTACK:
5 raptors

HEAVY SUPPORT:
1 chaos predator
1 chaos defiler
1 chaos dreadnought

Old 04 Mar 2007, 03:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah I assume this is Khornate Black Legion.

Lord: The lord is illegal. It is either terminator armor or Stature. Not both. I would go with Stature. I personally do not like the Glaive as it does not let you take a movement enhancer, and you need the Mark of Khorne. I would take either 2 close combat weapons (legality is questionable though), or a Great Weapon instead, and take either Daemonic Speed or Daemonic Flight. This will let it move more quickly.

Sorcerer: I would personally drop him. He has no psychic powers so the Sorcerer upgrade is worthless.

Possessed: For them, I would take Daemonic Talons and face them off against the Hive Tyrant. The Rending attacks should rip through it.

Obliterators: I would try to complete the unit. They can take Lascannons to use against the Hive Tyrants, and swap to Heavy Bolters for against the little ones. They are invaluable.

Chaos Marines: They should be split into 2 squads of 8 and each given a Heavy Bolter to combat the little ones.

Berserkers: These guys are good. You should take a Champion with a Talisman of Burning Blood. This will get them into battle quicker. The sheer number of attacks they output will rip through the little ones easily.

Chaos Rhino: I would put one Chaos Marine squad in this and use it to take objectives.

Raptors: I would give them Meltaguns and Infiltrate and send them off against the Hive Tyrant. Shoot him with the Meltaguns, assault, then use Hit and Run and do it again.

Predator: Take an Autocannon, 2 Heavy Bolters, and buy Daemonic Possession and Havoc Launchers. Ultimate anti-nid Pred.

Defiler: If he is running a Venom Cannon Carnifex, don't bother using unless you use Indirect Fire. Defilers are better against Marines than Nids.

Dreadnought: Either give it a Lascannon so it can attack the Hive Tyrant or an extra CC weapon for more assault support. You could use it to compliment the Berserkers if used that way.

This should help you rid the galaxy of the nid scum.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 04 Mar 2007, 04:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Noise marines with Bp and CCW+ furious charge and a champ with a power weapon and strength really sorts out stealers
Old 04 Mar 2007, 04:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not to mention the fact that he has two daemon weapons. Beserker Glaive on his Lord, and Dark Blade on his Lt.
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote