Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your views on Slaanesh
Old 04 Feb 2007, 16:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Your views on Slaanesh

Just put what you think of the Lord of Pleasure here.

I collect Emperor's Children and I may post my army list up here when I get a chance (sorry, a bit rushed).

Thanks, Lord Lynx
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2007, 15:47   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Your views on Slaanesh

Hmmm, Emperor's Children? Their just like any army. I'll have trouble against some EC armies, whilst my Khorne have literally walked over others. If your asking what I think of the list, I generally like the army, I don't mind other people's pink marines, although my Slaanesh are purple. If you asking for about a specific army, I need to know specifics .
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 14:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

I might be accussed of being a powerlist player at times but i really love slaanesh, furious charge and the mark of slaanes means you get to strike equal with stealers!
Also ive found khorne to be weaker, Combat drugs are awsome!!!!!!!, also a doom siren and powerfist can dispatch nearly any foe
Old 07 Feb 2007, 14:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

A doom siren + a powerfist still strikes last, and gives up your warp scream that you're paying for. With slaanesh, it's better to use lightning claws than powerfists as you're still going to kill a lot, but you don't lose your initiative.

Slaanesh is, in my opinion, the best chaos list around right now. You get the best daemons, solid CC character upgrades, excellent shooting from your troops and you can move&fire better than most armies can stand&fire. But you're going to be outnumbered...
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 14:39   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

To be honest, a tooled up Slaaneshi DP is one of the things that I fear above all when I'm contemplating charging with my Khorne DP. I've taken down countless Nurgle statured princes with him with ease, taken out one or two Tzeentchian Lords, but when it comes to Slaaneshi ones, I'm still reluctant to send him into the fray on the account of even with furious charge, my Lord is still striking simultaneously... and that they can be S8, making them a significant threat to Wraithlords and such...
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 15:22   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

The warhost of Zaineth-Tril engaged the forces of She who Thirsts on monday night, sending them back to the Eye. While we stand, She will never triumph!

Ahem, anyway, yeah Slaanesh are one of the forces I love to play with my Eldar, there is the whole fluff connection, and I find Slaanesh to be a truly diverse and characterful army.

"Now eat Fusion Gun you giant Daemon Prince!"

(On a side note, the guy I played on monday, I killed his Slaaneshi Stature DP in combat with a fire warrior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lord Lynx,

What I think of Him/Her/It: The Prince of Excess is a driven psychopathic hedonist that will delve into the most forbidden depth of extremes to sate it's enless appitite for awareness. It's food is mortal passion, and their sould it's beverage of choice. (Would you like fries with that? :funny: )
I enjoy the fluff conncetion between Slannesh and the Eldar, as I play both. I love the fact that Slanneshi armies are the most tactically diverse of the chaos armies. You can pretty much bet that a khornate army is assaulty, that a Tzeenchian army is shooty, and that a nurgle army is mixed. With Slannesh, the possibilities are endless. Like assault? Daemonettes, the Keeper of Secrets, Slanneshi Termies, and (of course) Slanneshi DP/Lord/Lts rock! Like Shooty? Sonic Blaster, Blast Masters, and no restriction on your weapons selection! All flavors in between are alsom possible, and the nature of slanneshi equipment makes it great for all-comers style armies.

My .02,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2007, 00:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Don't like them But that is probalbly due to the fact i am a khornate player. but moving on they do add some good weapons to the table. Lash of Torment and the noise marine weaponry.
Old 09 Feb 2007, 12:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

I love Slaanesh and he rewards his followers with the best wargear; Combat Drugs if taken with every chosen champ in a chosen squad they can ignore the 1st unsaved wound that doesnt cause instant death.
Doom siren means that you can take a powerfist and strike in Initiative order?
Old 09 Feb 2007, 15:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd Sirican Redbacks
Doom siren means that you can take a powerfist and strike in Initiative order?
No, it doesn't. Powerfists always strike last.
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote