Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Two quick questions
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2006, 05:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Two quick questions

Hey all, as the subject says, 2 quick q's

1) When I upgrade anyone, for example a chaos chosen terminator to a chaos chosen aspiring champion terminator, do I now have to pay for their power weapon and combi bolter? If I replace one weapon do I now have to pay for the other?

and 2) Can I replace a combi bolter on a chosen terminator with the mark of nurgle, with just a normal bolter and so benefit from the true grit rule?

Cheers all
Old 28 Oct 2006, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Two quick questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookazi49
Hey all, as the subject says, 2 quick q's

1) When I upgrade anyone, for example a chaos chosen terminator to a chaos chosen aspiring champion terminator, do I now have to pay for their power weapon and combi bolter? If I replace one weapon do I now have to pay for the other?

and 2) Can I replace a combi bolter on a chosen terminator with the mark of nurgle, with just a normal bolter and so benefit from the true grit rule?

Cheers all
Heya,

1 - Units have standard equipment that they come with which is all listed in their profile. So for example, a Chosen Terminator already has Terminator armor and a power weapon and combi-bolter. If you further upgrade that model to a Champion, he doesn't lose any of that gear. The same is true for your normal Chaos Marines. The champion generally comes with a bolter or bolt pistol and close combat and you do not lose these weapons by having access to the armory.

2 - Chosen Terminators cannot have a normal Bolter. Their profile only lists Combi-Bolters and there's no option to "downgrade" to a Bolter. That means they cannot use their True Grit. In the armory, there is no * next to the Bolter, which directly means models in terminator armor cannot buy Bolters from the armory either.

Cheers!
Old 28 Oct 2006, 05:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Two quick questions

Thanks for clearing things up for me once again Mal

Cheers mate