Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

what does ????
Closed Thread
Old 27 Aug 2006, 00:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default what does ????

what does favoured by the god's actual? mean/do cause i cant find it in the codex apart from where it tells u the numbers for each mark
Old 27 Aug 2006, 01:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: what does ????

Heya,

Take a moment to read page 38 of your Chaos codex.

Everything is explained very well there. Page 38 will detail how to become "Favored." Being favored doesn't grant you anything special right away. To see the end of the puzzle, look to the four cult armies, Khorne, Nurgle, Slaneesh and Tzeentch. In the "Playing a ____ army" you will note that there are rules for playing "pure" armies. Within those rules are criteria and you'll note that it is stated that "favored" squads gain a specific benefit in those cult armies. So, if you used page 38 to make favored units, you may gain benefits if you specifically play a pure cult army.

Example:

Marines marked nurgle. 7x of them in a squad. They're favored.
Then, I play a pure Death Guard army. All my units have the mark of nurgle. I'm a pure force.
My favored squad now gains a bonus. And that bonus, is that my aspiring champion is a free upgrade for them.

-- The bonuses only apply to pure armies. It's important to note that. You don't get bonuses in impure armies, or armies with several marks, for example.

Cheers!
Old 27 Aug 2006, 11:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Heya,

Take a moment to read page 38 of your Chaos codex.

Everything is explained very well there. Page 38 will detail how to become "Favored." Being favored doesn't grant you anything special right away. To see the end of the puzzle, look to the four cult armies, Khorne, Nurgle, Slaneesh and Tzeentch. In the "Playing a ____ army" you will note that there are rules for playing "pure" armies. Within those rules are criteria and you'll note that it is stated that "favored" squads gain a specific benefit in those cult armies. So, if you used page 38 to make favored units, you may gain benefits if you specifically play a pure cult army.

Example:

Marines marked nurgle. 7x of them in a squad. They're favored.
Then, I play a pure Death Guard army. All my units have the mark of nurgle. I'm a pure force.
My favored squad now gains a bonus. And that bonus, is that my aspiring champion is a free upgrade for them.

-- The bonuses only apply to pure armies. It's important to note that. You don't get bonuses in impure armies, or armies with several marks, for example.

Cheers!

thanks ;D must of had a blond moment there lol
Old 27 Aug 2006, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

its ok, that part is easy to miss in the codex

Closed Thread