Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator box contents.
Closed Thread
Old 21 Aug 2006, 00:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Terminator box contents.

Hi. My friend plays Chaos, and recently he bought a Chaos Terminator box. However, he has absolutely no clue what the weapons inside are. Anyone mind giving me a list of the weapons it contains? So far he recognizes a chainfist and maybe a combi-bolter.

Also, what weapons does a Daemon Prince of Nurgle come with?

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 01:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Terminator box contents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanmuX
Hi. My friend plays Chaos, and recently he bought a Chaos Terminator box. However, he has absolutely no clue what the weapons inside are. Anyone mind giving me a list of the weapons it contains? So far he recognizes a chainfist and maybe a combi-bolter.

Also, what weapons does a Daemon Prince of Nurgle come with?
The Chaos Space Marine terminator boxed set is a very outdated but still available set. Personally I would have encouraged the purchase of the new plastic space marine terminators, and simply convert them to chaos (they're much bigger than the old metal termis).

The Box contains 5 random armament configurations in the box. There is no way for any of us to know what exactly he has in that box. The only constant, is that the box always contains one reaper autocannon. The rest is completely random. If your friend would like to know the exact contents, he could take a photo of the minis and you could post it; someone can easily tell you what it is in seconds.

The box is a wretched purchase just for that reason. You have zero control over what you get. You may get a bunch of chainfists, or lightning claws, a few useless combi-weapons that perhaps you would never want (combi-melta, combi-flamer, etc). When you buy them and are forced to use their upgrades, it's not your choice--it's whatever came in the box. Typically, you're better off buying your Terminators separately so that you can choose how many of everything you have, and not just get a random rotten deal.

--- The daemon prince of nurgle you are referring to, do you mean the newly released one meant for Cities of Death? The monstrous creature one? If you are referring to that, he comes with one weapon--a big sword. That sword can be anything. It could represent a Dark Blade, it could represent a Plague Sword. It could also just represent a Great Weapon or CCW. It's whatever you want it to be.

Cheers!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 02:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks! I just told him all of that and he seemed very dismayed. He actually thought that it'd have a pre-set list of weapons, but sadly it doesn't. Not to mention he hates the metal models. He'll get the plastic boxed set in the future.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 16:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The sword on the Daemon Prince of nurgle could represent anything that mal said OR any daemon weapon. it could be a manreaper, or n ether lance (for ether lance, it should be converted some)
Old 31 Aug 2006, 18:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Sorry I see this thread is a week old but the GW online store helped me figure out my terminators. Go to this link and it shows you the various parts you can order seperately, you can compare what your friend got to the pictures.
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...ItemNav=301799

You can view the components list of most of the multi part models by clicking on the little wrench icon when viewing a product. They usually label them pretty well so you can figure out what the parts are supposed to be.
Old 01 Sep 2006, 05:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Another thing is that Chaos termies don;t come in plastic yet. However a little coverting and the Loyalist Terminators work fine and are over all better looking models.