Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[1500] Thousand Sons - Friendly
Closed Thread
Old 07 May 2006, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Blood_Blade
Default [1500] Thousand Sons - Friendly

I am revising my 1000 sons list yet again and a, open to any suggestions!

HQ
  • Chaos Lord [170]
    -Mark of Tzeentch
    -Lightning Claws
    -Wind of Chaos
    -D. Strength
    -D. Resiliance
    -Disk of Tzeentch

Troops
  • 9 Rubric Marines [314]
    -8 with Bolters
    • Aspiring Champion
      -Bolt Pistol
      -Power Weapon
      -D. Strength
      -Winds of Chaos
      -Thrall Wizard
    • Rhino
      -Extra Armour
      -Smoke Launchers
      -Combi-Bolter
  • 9 Rubric Marines [276]
    -8 with Bolters
    • Aspiring Champion
      -Bolt Pistol
      -Power Weapon
      -D. Strength
      -Bolt of Change
      -3 Thrall Wizard
  • 9 Rubric Marines [256]
    -8 with Bolters
    • Aspiring Champion
      -Bolt Pistol
      -Power Weapon
      -D. Strength
      -Doombolt
      -2 Thrall Wizard

Heavy Support
  • Preadator [155]
    -Autocannon
    -Lascannons
    -Mutated Hull
  • Preadator [155]
    -Autocannon
    -Lascannons
    -Mutated Hull
  • Defiler [175]
    -Battle Cannon
    -Reaper Autocannon
    -Heavy Flamer
    -Daemonic Possession
    -Indirect Fire

Total points: 1501
Wound Count: 54
Vehicle Count: 4

Ok, so the plan is that the lord will target normal troops, swooping in on the disc to unleash the winds before assaulting.* This should enable him to target bigger squads of troops (hopefully I can run down some MEq's :shifty* The rhino squad will advance, and unload (hopefully on the second turn) to unleash double winds (which would then be assaulted by the Lord... hmm triple winds!).* The non-mounted squads will footslog across the board and unleash psychic hell upon all who oppose Tzeentch!* Obviously the Pred's will be taking out tanks/ wraithloards/ anything big, while the Defiler will drop pie plates on expensive squads!

So, what do you think?
Old 07 May 2006, 23:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: [1500] Thousand Sons - Friendly

Hey man,

Interesting setup actually. You've got mobility and plenty of firepower. For 1500 points it will be a mean list I think. The only down fall, would be if your opponent is smart enough to drop your rhinos first, entangling the marines and keeping nearly 1000 points sitting in one spot for two turns.

Otherwise; should be decent

Cheers!
Old 08 May 2006, 00:53   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Hey man,

Interesting setup actually. You've got mobility and plenty of firepower. For 1500 points it will be a mean list I think. The only down fall, would be if your opponent is smart enough to drop your rhinos first, entangling the marines and keeping nearly 1000 points sitting in one spot for two turns.

Otherwise; should be decent

Cheers!
Thanks for replying so quickly!

You have a very valid point (though it's only 314pts tied up not 1000). Anyways, no plan is fool proof and I thank you for your post!

Any other list/ tactic suggestions?
Old 08 May 2006, 02:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Your lord should have an invunerable save...Drop the resistance for Aura (or find the points somewhere else). Nothing worse than jumping into combat and getting pasted by the Powerfist you missed.

One problem with Wind of Chaos is that if you're not careful, you'll wind up killing everyone close to the Lord so he can't charge the unit (or cause them to run away and leave him out in the open). Doombolt isn't a bad choice, and gift of chaos is always a popular option (Powerfist? Powerspawn!)

I wish Tzeentch has access to some non-offensive spells...

D-DS
Old 08 May 2006, 23:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i think its a great list, but i agree with the invo save. it really is a bitch getting into h2h with something you absolutly have to have dead and then it retaliates against you and smites you outright.

gift of chaos is great...when it works. but against marines (or anything T4) you gotta roll at least a 5 for it to work...your chances arent that great. otherwise, it looks like your list is great!
Old 08 May 2006, 23:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Just a note:

Invulnerable saves are not required on normal characters. They are however required on Lords with Daemonic Stature. In close combat, the only thing you have to fear is the powerfist or equivalent. You are an ind. character and may only kill things and receive damage from those in base to base contact, and in your kill zone for that. Simply play wisely, do not assault a powerfist, or if you do assault a powerfist, get it in base to base. Powerfists will still kill you regardless; a 5+ save is good for saving once, but two hits and you're not likely to do that.

Just play smart and avoid needing an inv. save; it's cheaper and you'll get more work out of your character

Cheers!
Old 09 May 2006, 02:29   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thank you MalVeauX, you beat me to my explanation!

Basically, my Lord doesn't have an inv save because he won't need one (hopefully). I will be assaulting things like Marine Squads geared up for shooting, IG, Tau, and other such "easy'' targets. If I do encounter a powerfist/ power weapon, I will simply assault on the other side of the squad, effectively neutralizing the weapon (hopefully they stay in combat, consoldate, and get mashed in there turn of combat, before said weapons-of-no-save can be used).

DevilSquid, I will unveil the truly evil plans of my attack. I will actually be flying the Lord in behind the squad, so if they route, they die (crossfire), if they stay they die (assault), if they surrender they die (me being >). In death only chaos rules! I also will try to keep the Lord close enough so that casualties will not be a problem.

Blood_Blade
Closed Thread