Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Daemonic Speed - How Do You Model It?
Closed Thread
Old 18 Apr 2006, 03:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Daemonic Speed - How Do You Model It?

Hey folks,

I'm making the switch from Witch Hunters to Chaos (if you can't beat them, join them) and after having reading Malveaux's excellent article on making an efficient Chaos Lt/Lord I was wondering something: how have each of you chosen to model Daemonic Speed?

I've got a couple of ideas myself, but I'd really like to hear what everyone else has to say on the subject.

-Starchilde
Old 18 Apr 2006, 04:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Daemonic Speed - How Do You Model It?

Hey man,

You just picked the non-stop crazy thrill ride of your life of an army. Once you go bad, you don't go back... I'm sure you'll be sickenlying happy with your move. Also, the best part, your sisters are perfect for converting to the dark side.

Daemonic Speed is a big upgrade, and so many different ways to model it. Because it's a daemonic gift, we don't really have to model it any one way. Longer legs? Smaller wings for faster moves? Simply jumping around like a bumble bee? An actual cavalry body? It doesn't really matter. It's what you want it to be. Other armies can get the same effect via a combat drug, so why can't we? We can. Daemonic Tylenol. It's perfectly fine too to do it.

Anyhow, how I've done it on some of my characters at the moment:

~ Cavalry ~

Daemonic Speed via Cavalry

[size=7pt]Basically put, a demonically possessed Lord who has mutated back to his original state, more beasty and still holding onto his lighting claws.[/size]

~ Slither ~

Daemonic Speed via Snake Body

[size=7pt]I went for the nasty slithering thing kind of body. Many beasts are made like that, so why not a champion? (Lost and the Damned champion = HQ).[/size]

~ Hovering ~

Daemonic Speed via Hovering

[size=7pt]This little fellow, a Demagogue and traitor mutatus extraordinaire is hovering. He can move as flight, or speed, whatever I prefer. The tentacles vibrate and he simply moves via telekinesis and via tentacles![/size]

~ Leaping ~

Daemonic Speed via Leaping

[size=7pt]A big burly Chaos Lt. He doesn't waste time, and his tentacles thirst - so he leaps towards his prey, running and jumping with the very stuff of chaos. Pounce and slurgleblooosh![/size]

Cheers!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 06:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wow those are great conversions.* I have to say that personally i would model daemonic speed a few ways:

1. You could give him a jetpack and say it hovers across the terrain.* It can then also double as being daemonic flight if you ever want to use that.

2. You could make him sorta like ironman and make the bottom of his feet able to propell him across the battlefield like a jetpack.* This could also count as either daemonic flight or speed.

3. Maybe give him like a rope with those spike kinda things on the end, like a rock climber would have.* Then have him move across the battlefield using his trusty rope.

4. The drug idea would also be nice.* I would probably use fabius biles backpack.* Maybe you could also model him injecting himself with a needle, I dont think ive ever seen that before.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 07:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nathan

I'm boring. For my daemonic speed on my chosen I modelled tyranid gargoyle wings, most of them folded backwards with alot of the marines in very headlong stances. Some of them are darting forwards or backwards to look like they're using their speed in combat. I use greenstuff because there are alot of gaps to be filled from posing and I modell mutated spines on the backs to hold the wings on.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Tauroc Send a message via Yahoo to Tauroc

Just adding legs was my approach with my Lord.

See 'Doc Oc berserker' on the conversions board.

~The Reaper

Old 18 Apr 2006, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I created centaurs for my daemonic speed in my older Khorne army.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 14:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

I've attempted to make a short range jump pack thing with boosters mounted on the back of my Chapion's legs, giving him that quick burst of speed that we all love so much.

Welcome to chaos by the way :rockon:

Old 18 Apr 2006, 15:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Mal, the pix are gorgeous. Everyone has suggested some very solid ideas, and I particularly liked the snake conversion (hadn't thought of that one, but since I'm going Death Guard it is very Nurglish).

Since my army would have the mark of Nurgle on all of them, I had considered something like the character Mojo from the old X-Men series. See a pic here: http://underworld.fortunecity.com/bl...rvel/mojo.html (Pop-up warning!). But now I've got a lot more to consider.

Again, thanks!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 16:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchilde
Mal, the pix are gorgeous. Everyone has suggested some very solid ideas, and I particularly liked the snake conversion (hadn't thought of that one, but since I'm going Death Guard it is very Nurglish).

Since my army would have the mark of Nurgle on all of them, I had considered something like the character Mojo from the old X-Men series. See a pic here: http://underworld.fortunecity.com/bl...rvel/mojo.html (Pop-up warning!). But now I've got a lot more to consider.

Again, thanks!
Hey man,

Mojo would be insane as nurgle. Great idea. I've seen a model done up almost literally like that, but it was an Inquisitor. I can't remember where I saw it, but if I find it, I'll forward it to you--it was amazing (saw it on coolminiornot at one point).

Cheers!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

With my last converstion I gave Don Krieg D. speed by cutting away his feet and green stuffing a pair of Tyranid warriors hoves. I would suggest how ever to use the khrone berzurkers running legs.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Closed Thread