Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

help! i dont know what to buy!
Closed Thread
Old 25 Feb 2006, 16:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default help! i dont know what to buy!

my freind plays chaos and he has $40, and no clue what to buy. He thinks he wants demons but which kind? are any of them worth his time? should he just buy something else?

Hes army list is as follows if it helps:

Karn
chaos lord
5 termies
16 marines (9 cc)
11 berzerkers
1 dreadnaught (las canon)
land raider
1 obliterator
5 raptors

any posts will be helpful.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 18:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: help! i dont know what to buy!

Hey man,

Looks like your friend has a lot of "heavy hitters" but lacks the real meat of an army (ie: troops). He has plenty of everything except Marines in general.

So here's what I recommend he do with his money:

1 - Don't buy daemons; over priced pieces of metal. Convert your own if you really want them (from fantasy models; you'll get double the number of models for cheaper).

2 - Consider buying another box of Chaos Space Marines. They can make a troop, elite, heavy, etc. They're the best buy for Chaos.

3 - If he's a tread-head, get a Predator. Load it up with an Autocannon, Heavy Bolters and a Havoc Launcher for a mean dakka machine.

--- In the end though, more marines would be the best and safest bet here.

Cheers!
Old 25 Feb 2006, 19:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ReApEr

Yeah, more marines as Mal said, they are allways the best choice for chaos because they can take so many upgrades.

ReApEr
Old 26 Feb 2006, 00:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yup, a lot more marines would really help.

In the future he can consider beafing up his Raptors by buying a couple more with melta's. Also, on his dread buying a missle launcher to complement the lascannon for against vehicles would work well, but overall just more marines for now.

Ben
Old 26 Feb 2006, 05:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Definately more marines but have them with bolters not bolt pistol and ccw. I think theres more then enough cc in his list (9 cc marines, 11 berserkers, 5 raptors, lord, termies prolly are for cc) and not enough ranged troop killers. Plus, marines are easy to convert into other units like havocs or even more berserkers.

Predator would also be good. As malveaux pointed out, autocannon, heavy bolters and havoc launcher would be good to add on it. It would really help the army with some good ranged troop killing ability.

Now if he thinks he wants daemons, flesh hounds (khorne) or furies (undivided) could be a good option. Personally, i like the flesh hound models. I even found a great model for big flesh hounds, but it is about $35 canadian for the one model, so id advise against it.

heres the link anyway though:

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefr...9020&orignav=9

its called "the thing in the woods", pretty good looking model though the bottom jaw looks rather odd to me. Anyways just a few suggestions for your friend. But the overwhelming response is definately more marines for now.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 01:39   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the help! We ended up going before anyone posted though, so he bought a demon prince. He says he will buy more marines the next time we go though.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 02:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Thanks for the help! We ended up going before anyone posted though, so he bought a demon prince. He says he will buy more marines the next time we go though.
By Daemon Prince, im assuming he bought one with D. Stature because he already has a D. Lord. It was still a decent buy however, more marines would've been better because he already has Karn and a Chaos Lord, but it's fine! Hopefully he's happy with what he bought.
Closed Thread