Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Diary of an Imperial Guardsman
Old 10 Feb 2011, 11:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Diary of an Imperial Guardsman

Let's make a diary for an Imperial Guardsman!

Each post should be like this:

Day (insert number here): (insert experience here)

Every post must relate to the previous one, and you may only put one day for each post.

First to reply gets to make Day 1!

Happy writing!
FireSheep007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2011, 18:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Day 1: Disembarkment On Cadoia

I held onto a rung of the climbing ladder, looking down.

"Maria, I'll come home, I promise..." I had said, knowing full well that I might never see my family again. But that was life for you.

The journey had been long and arduous, and thank the Emperor that the Navigator had not collapsed during the journey through the Warp. The blasted Daemons would have snacked on our bones, and we'd have been powerless to stop them.

Still, I had the rush of adrenaline as I jumped from the sixth rung. The battle was coming, and I'd give anything to be there in the middle of it, whether we were fighting traitors, aliens, or some other diabolical thing. The only thing I did not wish to fight was Tyranids. I had been in too many battles before and knew only too well how horrifyingly quick things could escalate. Charlie, may the Emperor bless your soul. I'm sorry I was too late to stop the Lictor...

Last edited by Riftslayer; 19 Feb 2011 at 18:16.
Riftslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2011, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Note: It doesn't have to be serious. It can be about whatever. Just letting everyone know.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 18:20   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Come onn someone with a knowledge of tyranids I wanna see where this thing goes!
Yru0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2011, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I know it doesn't have to be serious, but my posts for things like this usually are. It's just a thing for me.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 12:24   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Day 2: Getting Acquainted with the Barracks

The commissar, fresh from the Commissariat, leads us to our rooms. I take top bunk, as usual. A picture of Maria hangs on the ceiling, taped by some Cain-brand duct tape. Will I ever see her again? Or will a 'Nid destroy me like what happened to brave Charlie? I wasn't able to ponder much on that thought, we were brought to the "parade grounds", nothing more than an abandoned airstrip with some banners drifting through the breeze. Not much was left after the initial invasion, though we are yet to be told what we're facing yet. If they're not telling us, they must be pretty strong. My mind drifts off to Maria once more.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:31   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Day 3

Day 3: The first patrol

The first patrol returned today, the twisted, mangled bodies of five brave men, most of whom were beyond recognition, identifiable only by the surgical tags in their skulls. The gruesome sight caused an ominous shiver down the spine of every guardsman on the 'grounds'. Nobody know's what's out there, damn I've never even seen 'nids do this. The youngest member of the patrol, no more than eighteen years old, by the emperor he was so much like Charlie. The light was gone from his eyes, a butchered shell of long lost love and failed dreams, a family left behind. The blank stares of the vets' on the ground was the most unnerving of it all, they hadn't seen anything like it, the one's who've lived through it all, killed it all, seen it all......what kind of hell have we fallen into?

Last edited by Yru0; 24 Feb 2011 at 19:34.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 21:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Day 4: the heavy gear

Now we are sure things are going to be bad. Transports brought in more troops from other ships to reinforce us today to include a Baneblade assault company. Got stuck digging in and emplacing a Basilisk firing position while others got tasked to constructing similiar positions and hauling supplies. Rumor has it we are not the first ones on the scene either. Apparently a couple other forces are already here fighting it out on another part of the planet which is why we dropped in here, it will take time for their forces to realign and come at us. Someone even said a Space Marine battle barge or something arrived in system with a company to support the efforts. I don't know anything about that but if they are here then by the emperor we are in some serious shit. An unfortunate note we lost two more guys today and not to the enemy. The commissar discovered they were trading extra rations to surviving local ladies for favors so he had them hauled out for all to see and executed them on the tarmac. This place is not going to be good.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Day 5: On the move

We were bundled into Chimeras, Valkiyies, even the transport trucks! Anything which could get us to our greet with death quicker. Those unlucky enough to be left without a vehicle were forced to march at pace behind the convoy. Nobody had told us where we were going, or what we would be facing, presumeably because the truth is too horrific to be told,....or they just don't give a damn. The chimera is cramped and damp, they always are, the loose clots of fungi infesting the corners, as they do in every vehicle in our old and decaying regiment, command seems to warrant quantity far above quality, and I don't truly blame them, we're butchered at every encounter anyway, its a shocker that these chimeras survived the last campaign. I try to remember home, a life before hell, before all this fighting and the constant, seemingly futile defence against the Xenos hoards, by god I believe in the Imperium and the Emperor, and I'd gladly give my life for him, but I need a reason. Not my problem though, my fate will be decided on the fields today against the anonymous foe.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 18:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Day 6: forward "encampment"

Well so much for sleep. Aside from a 4 hour watch shift in the midst of a 6 hour rest cycle 2 watch posts were slaughtered in silence. Only 3 of the 8 men's bodies were found and not a shot was fired. Rumor has it tracks found near the scene were a mix of two and four legged with the two legged having 4 long toes while the four legged tracks had 2 long toes. The bodies that were found were once again unrecognizable except by their skull tags all flesh having been peeled from their corpses and most of the bones having been chewed open and the marrow sucked out. The rumor mill now says we are rolling out to face a demon incursion but I don't know it just doesn't feel right. Especially since there was no follow on attack against the central camp other than foxtrot company, second batalion's chimeras somehow being disabled. Its weird it like they wer overheated and all their wiring was burned out. Poor SOBs, with their being unable to move their heavy equipment thei commissar and captain volunteered for rear guard s they will be staying behind to safe guard the supply lines in small check points along our route. If this goes poorly they are corpses walking. We are back in the transports and on the move again Maria. Hopefully you will get this someday if I don't make it back to you so you will know I was always thinking of you even in these trying times. I'm going to try and make up for my lost sleep now though. You always laughed at me for that, the ability to sleep anywhere anytime sleep was available. "Must be a grunt thing" you always said. Well I'm going to do my grunt thing and dream of being home with you again or better yet of never having left. At least all the brass are in other tracks so I shouldn't be interrupted. Farewell for now my love.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote