Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BREAKING NEWS: Circus and Wargamer collaborate, universe implodes.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default BREAKING NEWS: Circus and Wargamer collaborate, universe implodes.

Chapter I: Cloudy with a chance of Warp Storms
Part i:

It seemed such an insignificant orb. From the view ports of the Inquisitorial cruiser it was just a ball of blue, white and green; there were no spires of spacecraft docking towers or sprawling continent factories. Denthor Tertius wasn't a key manufacturing planet, home to a mighty Space Marine Chapter, or even a notable waystation on the path to a more relevant locale. Not a planet that would expect the attention of an Inquisitor.

"You sure this is the place?" Jame Uran queried over the horrible grinding noise from the stone against his blade. Morrigan and Ikkakaneous nodded in unison, and Selvain Gran too wore an expression of agreement.

"It seems so mundane," Uran sheathed his short sword and began checking his guns.

"Nothing is mundane, Uran. It is just a case of knowing how deep to look."

"You know I don't go in for this arcane bollocks, ma'am. Just point me at the things you want dead." And then he holstered his pistols, after twirling one around his index finger.

"There shall be much shedding of blood on this world." Ikkakaneous rumbled, his eyeless face piercing Uran's very soul. The former hive-scum shuddered. The Daemonhost gave him the creeps, but hanging around with a psyker, a bound thing of pure... well, he'd call it bastardry, and an Inquisitor (need he add more?) was preferable to slumming it in the wretched hive in which he was raised.

"There is a Chapel here. The Adeptus Sororitas will stand against us. They have an operative of the Hereticus with them. She is young. She is... unpliable. Ikkakaneous is right. Blood will be spilt." At this moment, Selvain was calm and clipped. There was no telling when that would change.

"I am never wrong." The Host added.

Morrigan smiled.

"Don't be afraid. The Thunderbolts are on their way, and the stormtroopers are here if my Hereticus counterpart makes her move first, but she doesn't even know we are coming."

The comms relay to the bridge crackled.

"Ma'am, we are ready for planetfall."

"Excellent."
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2009, 17:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Circus and Wargamer collaborate, universe implodes.

Most excellent Circus! It's great to see you back writing stories again, as usual, your first instalments always wants me to know what's going to happen next, looking forward to an enjoyable read.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 00:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tau_devil Send a message via Yahoo to Tau_devil

Well you and Wargamer working together can't be that bad. Or is my brain still trying to process the fact the universe imploded?

I like it so far. Can't wait for more.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 00:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well I'm enjoying it so far, very excited to read more.

I like the sound of the situation coming up, inquisitor vs inquisitor, excellent.

How exactly are you collaborating though, like who's working on what? The language, the storyline etc?

Or is it one big mash of both your idea's going at it?

So far it sounds more Circus then Wargamer to my ears...
wait, re reading parts, I can't tell anymore...
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 14:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Any of you guys read Storm of Iron?

If you haven't, it tells of a conflict on a planet between Imperials and Iron Warriors, and rather than most books where it's just from the perspective of one, it's written from the perspective of both. While this intro just has "my" side of the upcoming conflict, Wargamer will be writing the other side - it's going to be Inquisitor-on-Inquisitor action
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah J
Any of you guys read Storm of Iron?
Oh yes! It was a really good read IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah J
While this intro just has "my" side of the upcoming conflict, Wargamer will be writing the other side - it's going to be Inquisitor-on-Inquisitor action
Interesting, I wonder how this'll turn out, hopefully a really enjoyable read, since we've got you & Wargy who are both really legendary story writers/fluff writers in your own respective ways.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote