|18 Dec 2009, 09:29||#1 (permalink)|
A good eye, a good weapon, and a good sense of self-preservation are enough to survive this galaxy alone... right?
Lavi Hysen, declared Excommunicate Traitoris, frightfully discovers that not even her training as a Vindicare Temple Assassin will save her in an uncaring, harsh, and infinitely vast galaxy.
When ordered by the Inquisition to kill an Apostate Cardinal, Lavi is falsely accused of assassinating two loyal servants of the Emperor: a priest, and a powerful Inquisitor. The traitorous successor, Inquisitor Lord Chail, inherits an army of servants and uses his new power to access assassins and bounty hunters to aid his vow to bring vengeance and justice for his old mentor.
On the run through the Imperium with a large bounty and crosshair on her head, Lavi finds herself forsaken and lost amongst the stars. She was fortunate to be found by the Rogue Trader, Damar Lakotay, who promises to protect her in return for services and all of her rare and expensive equipment. The terms were simple: do a good job, and she was rewarded, piece by piece, all of her possessions and eventually her freedom. Do a poor job, and piece-by-piece, everything would be sold and she would be turned in for the bounty. To survive any number of cruel fates, Lavi must learn skills and crafts conflicting with her conditioning. She must also learn to accept that the most valuable asset, and weapon, in the factious galaxy is an alliance.
But will the Rogue Trader and his crew of bandits, xenos, and scum hold up their side of the bargain? Will she prove herself valuable enough for the Rogue Trader Lakotay to risk sparking a war with Inquisitor Chail?
Author's Note: The word "Vindicate" has a wide variety of meanings:
1. to clear, as from an accusation, imputation, suspicion, or the like: to vindicate someone's honor.
2. to afford justification for; justify: Subsequent events vindicated his policy.
3. to uphold or justify by argument or evidence: to vindicate a claim.
4. to assert, maintain, or defend (a right, cause, etc.) against opposition.
5. to claim for oneself or another.
6. Roman and Civil Law. to regain possession, under claim of title of property through legal procedure, or to assert one's right to possession.
7. . to get revenge for; avenge.
8. Obsolete. to deliver from; liberate.
9. Obsolete. to punish.
The origin to the word is the Latin: vindic?tus. I thought it was a fitting title.
I'm still trying to figure out if I want Lavi to be a guy or a girl.
If the Eldar see battle as a symphony,
Then the Elati have mastered a solo piece,
Of every instrument.
Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|