Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Group Story - Working Thread
Old 20 Jun 2007, 22:57   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Group Story - Working Thread

This thread is there for our group of writers who are working on a group story, and this group is:
Alpharius, Scottish Gecko, Omen, Kasrkin, Commissar_Will, AD, Farseer Tyross

Right whoever wants to start, may do

Oh and anyone who posts in here who doesn't have a username listed above may be deleted (to keep this focused ).

If you want to comment/crique, please create a new thread or PM one of the members .
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 23:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Group Story - Working Thread

This should be much easier than PMing all the time!

I think that we must decide on a general storyline before we get writing, nothing too in depth, but enough to have a direction. That way we can all write a bit in turn as we go. Also, ideas would be good to list here.

Alpha legion ideas;
-Have a look at a PM I sent regarding the legion's use of human spies infiltrating local imperial forces.
-I'd like to have a part in the book when the alpha legion paint their armour an imperial colour to cause confusion. This could be one of their ways of causing the loyalties of the citizens in the region to be questioned. After all, wouldn't you start to fight back if you thought the ultramarines were killing your friends?
-Maybe a scenario deliberately set out by the alpha legion to be similar to the battle between them and the smurfs just after the heresy?
-Hint that Alpharius is still alive
Kalarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 18:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

How's this for a bio of the Ultramarine Commander?

Captain Gallinus

Up until recently, Gallinus was a Sergeant in the celebrated Ultramarine First Company. However, upon the suspicious death of Master Ignavus in recent months he was elavated to the position of Captain of the 5th, in recognition of his many acts of supreme valour. Although undisputedly one of the Chapter's bravest warriors, Gallinus is prone to hot-headedness and making rash desicions, something that relatively unimportant among the lower ranks, can be a grave mistake when in a position of authority. Aided by the wise Epistolary Sextus and the loyal Chaplain Callarias, Lord Calgar hopes that being surrounded by such solid anchors of leadership will help temper Gallinus into an effective leader. But with the threat of the Alpha Legion looming ever nearer, will Gallinus ever have a chance to prove himself?

Appearance and wargear

Gallinus has fought in many battles, and has the scars to prove it. His entire right arm is prosthetic, and a Choppa wound to the head left him with a huge scar across the left of his face, and a cold red bionic eye. He does not carry a banner (he always thought the things were cumbersome and impractical), instead displaying his heraldry on a flowing red cloak fastened round his neck. He never goes anywhere without his plasma pistol (one of the main reasons for that bionic arm) and his powersword, an ancient blade with a massive ornate pommel and strange, arcane writing carefully inscribed into the blade, said by some to glow when Gallinus is in combat. He is also the proud bearer of an iron halo, awarded to him while fighting on the desert world of Pyramis Secundus, where he ran inside a Nercon Monolith that was decimating the Marine forces, ramming his powersword into the power core and barely escaping with his life. As such, he is treated as a Space Marine Captain with purity seals, a plasma pistol, a master-crafted powersword and an iron halo (the bionics don't count as they are overriden by the iron halo).

What do you think?

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2007, 10:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like that Bio, looks like a good character to have in.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 22:08   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Me too, do you guys have Holt's bio or do you want me to post it again?
Old 29 Jun 2007, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I could use it, not sure I have it....
Old 30 Jun 2007, 17:56   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Inquisitor Holt
Full Name: Inquisitor-Lord Tiberius Holt
Trademark items: Plasma pistol (white casing), power sword and Inquisitorial rosette
Retinue: Has a large selection of hired help, but prefers and often works alone, only consulting with them or using them in the direst circumstances. Most notable ones are:

* Utarran = Psyker, beta level
* Wellin = Interrogator (pretty much the same as Marco)
* Cillia = Astropath
* Marco = Deep cover agent, works for years infiltrating cults and covens
* Dyrin = Deceased
* Navigator Ningus = Navigator on the Dawn of Justice

Clothing: Anything really from robes to powered armour (depending upon the circumstances)
Main mode of transport between the Stars: The Astartes Battle Barge, Scourge of the Damned or his private launch, Dawn of Justice
Old 02 Jul 2007, 03:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry guys, I think I may need to back down from this. What with painting 1500 points of Nids for the tournament, writing my own, hopefully huge novel, helping with the Nid campaign and making my own gaming board I do not think I can find time to aid you guys. My expertise is writing fast paced and bloody battles. Need someone to do that, gimme the info and done, but besides that...

It's been great anyway!
Scottish Gecko.
Old 02 Jul 2007, 15:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't worry about it. Don't suppose you could PM the rest of us anything you've already come up with though, could you?

Good luck with those other projects.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2007, 18:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks Kaskrin. Some of the things, which aint much, was said over PM. Things like 'I agree with X or I think we should do Y.' Good luck and make sure to give me a copy!