Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Heavy Bolter
Closed Thread
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Heavy Bolter

I followed my heavy bolter team to the 3rd floor of this building, which is crumbling of old age and battle damage.
Can you believe it?It's still made of brick, I guess there hasn't been much attention paid to this city, if it has been upgraded to buildings made of plastisteel.
The sarge yelled to assemble the heavy bolter in a window...he pointed to which one....oh look we're above the other heavy bolter team, this could get messed...

They clamped the rusty tripod onto the clip on the base of the heavy bolter. It took them a while to pull the tripod legs out, as they were rusty and beaten.
They ( the two heavy bolter crewmen ) then screwed the stubby barrel into place, and finally clipping the small shield onto the barrel. Completing their part.

Well I had to finish it off. Since I am the ammo feeder, I locked the ammo belt into the heavy bolter, and we waited.

[hr]

The others went downstair one floor to talk to the other heavy bolter crew and I said I'd be right down after, I did something.

Since this crumbling building had loose bricks everywhere, I piled bricks around our heavy bolter attached to the window. Making it safer for the firer, and especially for me. I piled extra bricks in the bottem left corner, where It'd be feeding the belt of ammo into the heavy bolter.

Then I went down to the guys to talk.

When I slipped down the stairs, the boys were talking about a famous battle from, very,very long ago.
The sarge called it Stalingrad.

He went on, saying that the high command expected this battle to be like Stalingrad, but much worse.
Stalingrad was a huge battle but nothing compared to size of our battles these days. Consider the fact these days are thousand of year before Stalingrad...I know this is going to be a tough battle.

[hr]

I went back up the stairs to our heavy bolter position, thinking to myself.
If we're in a city with closely packed buildings...we can't fit tanks in here. That means, the heavy weapons teams are going to really be relied on, screw this....

[hr]

Squad composition.
1 sarge,
2 teams,

3 in a team.

Reply you guys, I'd really apprecite you're responses.

More to come.

Old 17 Feb 2005, 23:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Heavy Bolter

it wsa kool.. though I have a problem beleiving that a mere sargeant would have any knowledge of terra at all, beyond it being the home of the emperor....

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 23:06   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Stalingrad doesn't exist. As far as the Imperium is concerned, it never did. Most Guardsmen know as much about the history of Terra as you do the history of the inside of Heaven...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Feb 2005, 11:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh well that sucks....hmm...how could I change it up....
Old 18 Feb 2005, 21:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

Well I can at least say that it's fairly well written overall but I don't really know much about 40K fluff (i'm fairly new to the game) so I can't comment on fixing it up any... sorry.

But i'm looking forward to reading more.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 02:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

just name a city and tell of the battle that took place there like it was stalingrad. You know, like how millions died of starvation, the terrible attrition, people resorting to eating anything to survive, the extreme weather... yeah, that'll do.