Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Unofficial Campaign Fluff
Old 01 Apr 2007, 20:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Unofficial Campaign Fluff

I really dig Tau Online's collective effort in making The Golgothan Insurgency a reality. I wanted to help out where I could by writing some of my own (rather unofficial) fluff. For the most part, I think I'll stick to communiques, summarizing and linking to clues that other posters have dropped.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 21:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Unofficial Campaign Fluff

+++Intercepted transmission+++

+++Time Stamp: 875.M41+++

+++Processing...
+++Processing...
+++Thought For The Day: Idle Hands Are Idol Hands
+++Processing...

+++Decryption File Reference: 657-AF6G-9932-TY+++

+++Decoding Agent: Lufther Malveous+++

+An Urgent Message to Aun'El [-------------], Illustrious Leader of Tale'Ath Protectorate+

Noble Aun, the situation on Golgotha has grown ominous. The enlightened Imperial governor [-------------------] is under increasing pressure from the Imperial segmentum administration to deliever his planet's tithes and submit his administration to Inquisitional oversight. He fears the Imperium's wrath, and is only partially consoled by our promise of full military support. The apparent success of an Imperial orbital insertion has done little to soothe his nerves.

With the threat of Imperial military action looming, our military colony commander, Shas'El [------------], reports an increasing level of discontent among dissident elements of the Gue'la population. Avoiding open confrontation with our noble Shas'la, they have taken to preying on loyal Gue'vesa. He believes only additional ground forces will quell the violence and protect the Gue'vesa.

While the Tau'va is superior to anything the Imperium can muster, Gue'la are a tenacious and worthy adversary: open confronation will require adequate preparation and military forces. Were these the only threats facing our forces, I would recommend the mobilization of all available cadres on Cha'Mont'Yr, Guran, and Tale'Ath, with additional requests for no less than a dozen Kroot warspheres and as many elite urban combat cadres as Sa'cae can muster.

But they are not.

Preliminary reports from the former [---------] world Oolar indicate that the once fertile [------] has been utterly devastated. Evidence is consistent with a Y'he assault. There are rumors that even now Golgotha is being infiltrated by Y'he vanguard organisms.

Furthermore, any large scale military operation so close to El'dar "exodite" worlds will undoubtedly raise the suspicion of this most ancient race. Their actions and motives are indecipherable, and it would be wishful thinking to suggest that they might choose this most tumultuous moment to submit themselves to the Tau'va.

Noble Aun, such a dire situation requires an able tactical mind with unflinching loyalty to the Tau'va. Time is of the essence in this matter. While I do not question your wise judgements, I suggest the appointment Shas'El [----------------] as chief military commander in the coming crisis. His insight and knowledge of the Tau'va make him a perfect candidate to unite our efforts and bring victory to our forces.

Propser, as T'au shall.
Shas'O [-------------------------]
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I wanna put my fluff up to, Here's the fluff I wrote on the Tau board about my Commander:
Shas'O J'Kaara glared down at Kleo VI from the observation deck of the 'Lance of Retribution'. Below he could see the Eldar ships battling with the Splinter Fleets, beams of blue incandesant energy flashed through space and was followed shortly by the high pitched wail of Sonic Lances. Everyone in the room was silent, trying to melt into the walls and thereby escape the bitter anguish of the high commander. He snarled and glared around the room, his men half expected to see spears of molten fire to erupt from his eyes and scorch them to death. "All this death, money and time for nothing" he thought, he hoped the Eldar and Tryranids would keep themselves busy for long enough, he had unfinished buissiness here when he returned from Golgotha. An officer walked slowly to his side, his upper body covered in the intricate web of red tatoo's so common amongst the warriors of the Spear, "The engines are ready." he said. O' J'Kaara took a last, embittered glare at Kleo VI. "Depart" he barked, so forcefully that his officer stumbled back. The enemies of the Tau'Va had cause to fear he thought and walked off to join the evenings praise. The engines roared, and the ships leapt away.

What do you think? please feel free to comment and critique.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 01:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller

Here&#39;s some fluff for my Black Templars, immediately proceeding the Golgothan Campaign:

Marshal Regalis, Chaplain Reyludos and Brother-Champion Cato followed Brother-Techmarine Nolas through the depths of the Heavenly Flame Their armoured boots echoed off the deck, ringing loudly in the deafening silence of the stasis crypts. It was here that their fallen brothers were interred, awaiting their return back to the Eternal Crusader. Despite the dimness of the hall, their altered eyes allowed them to see perfectly.

Nolas stopped in front of a massive pair of doors, holding up a hand signalling them to do likewise. "Open it," he murmured to the servitors next to him. Each grasped a handle and pulled them apart, allowing Nolas to step into the chamber beyond; the chamber was so dark, not even the eyes of an Astartes could pierce it. The rest of them reverantly bowed their heads.

From within, they could hear Nolas softly chanting to the Omnissiah, invoking his blessing. "Reclusiarch," he said, "if you will."

Reyludos stepped forward, an incense brazier swinging from his hand. "Oh Brother-Ancient, we beseech thee," he intoned. "With our enemies all &#39;round, we implore; Arise now, and serve thine Emperor once more!"

A loud grinding was heard from within the chamber; the sound of pistons hissing issued forth, as if some great machine was cracking its knuckles. The deckplates groaned as a massive weight was shifted, the a loud clanging footstep. Light glinted off a metal hide, and a deep mechanical voice rumbled, "Brother-Ancient Ornath am I. Long have I served, both in life and death. Who calls me forth?"