Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Only in Death Does Duty End
Closed Thread
Old 24 Nov 2006, 16:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Ghost Fist
Default Only in Death Does Duty End

Brother-Sergeant Erasmus slashed and blasted his way through the snarling, ravening xenos filth that surrounded him. He and his squad were part of the contingent of the Ghost Fists that had been sent to combat the remnants of the Hive Fleet Kraken that had devastated the world of Nirx VII. Basically just a mud-ball, Nirx would have no value to the Imperium if it were not for the rich ore deposits deep beneath its surface. And that was why so many good men were dying.
His squad was on the edge of the battle line when they came. They saw them on the auspexes but there was no time to set up a perimeter. By the Throne, there was barely enough time to cock their bolters. The Tyranids came out of every crevice, every hole, every crack. Three of the men under his command were already dead, the 'Nids working so thoroughly that the progeniod glands could not be salvaged. They were little more than a pile of bones, mangled flesh and broken ceramite by the time they were done with them. His squad made the foul aliens pay dearly for each fallen brother, yet they kept coming. Scores of dead hormaguants, genestealers and termagant were a testament to this. Erasmus left his squad battling the Tyranids, and hacked his way over to Brother Captain Jonas, who clad in his mighty Tactical Dreadnought Armour, was swinging his thunder hammer, Emperor's Fist, to and fro,clearing great numbers of xenos with each swing.
"Brother-Captain, I fear we will be overrun" Erasmus said to his commander, as he lifted his storm bolter and blew the head off of a drooling genestealer.
"Alas, I fear you are right, brother, there are simply too many of them," Jonas replied, "For every one we cut down, there are three willing to take its place."
"Though it is strange, I have fought many of these creatures, and there is always a Hive Tyrant, leading the assault. This time, however the largest beast I've seen are there elite warrior class."
"True, I know what you mean, but mayhap we should pay it no heed, or we could take it as a sign of good luck ahead. This pack of xenos seems too well led to not have a leader for my liking."
Whoosh!!
A huge flash of crimson erupted from the ground, sending debris everywhere. Suddenly, a bone-white claw flashed out and impaled a marine that Erasmus did not have time to identify, for he was immediately tossed back into the ravening red-armoured mass that was a splinter of Hive Fleet Kraken. Quick as a lightning bolt the monstrosity grabbed another marine and shoved him down its gullet. As it was doing this, Erasmus realized what this abomination was. The Red Terror. Enraged by this, this thing, Jonas let loose a mighty roar and charged at it. The Red Terror was quicker than him. As he leaped at it, it grabbed him by his leg, and thew him back into his own lines, but not before severing his leg. The Captain was out of the fight.
Then, the Red Terror noticed Erasmus. The xenos slammed into him, so that he dropped his chainsword, still whirling to the sodden, trampled ground as he was lifted off his feet. He still had his grip on the strap of his storm bolter, which he had almost lost but had hung on to. The Red Terror started to eat him whole, feet first, but only got as far as the Brother-Sergeants knees when he swung the storm bolter into his hand, stuck it point-blank against the creature's head and depressed the trigger. This made the Tyranid jerk and throw him out of its mouth.
Rolling to the floor, Erasmus barely noticed that his legs were missing, instead he grabbed his chainsword and pumped more rounds at the abomination. It lashed out at him, but Erasmus was ready. He sliced the claw off and swung at its body. It parried in kind. Then it reared up and brought its claws back to strike. Brother-Sergeant Erasmus prepared to die an honourable servant of the Emperor's Will. Suddenly, the beast spasmed, jerking forward. Another spasm, this time more violent. Then, as it seemed to regain its composure, a glint of steel shoved its way through the xenos' chest. It pushed more and became a sword- a sword that ripped the Red Terror in half from the inside. As it collapsed,a figure pushed its way out of the mess. Covered in ichor, stomach juices, and his own blood, Company Champion Ketior howled to the sky a scream of victory, then piled in the Tyranids swarming around him. Despite the Red Terror's demise, the Ghost Fists were certainly doomed. Then, a flash of yellow in the overcast skies. A group of Imperial Fist Thunderhawks broke the clouds and the Ghost Fists lived to fight again....

What do you think?
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 18:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Only in Death Does Duty End

Good, very good. I personally think there needs to be a devastator in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 25 Nov 2006, 05:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Ghost Fist
Default Re: Only in Death Does Duty End

Thanks

about the devs.....well, it says that they didn't have time to set up a perimeter, so sorry, no devastators
But you will care

Your shots will not hit us
We are shapes in the mists
Blink and you'll miss us
For we are the Ghost Fists!
Closed Thread