Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Campaign
Closed Thread
Old 11 May 2004, 01:59   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Tau Campaign

This is a piece of fluff I wrote for the new Tau

Campaign (see the board below for more details)
http://forums.tauonline.org/<br /> ....php?topic=139

"Why do we fight this foe?" enquired

Warlock Talachi, his gaze fixed upon Farseer Tyross as he spoke. “We must fight these

abominations now or forever lose this Maiden World to the Four Winds. I have cast my

watchful eye across the skeins of fate, and there is no other way. No other recourse but

to drive forth our attack into the heart of the enemy” replied Tyross, his eyes fixed

firmly upon the marching Nurgle lines as it came across the rolling sands of the eastern

continent.

Giving but a single gesture to Master Exarch Jaelain, he begun

ushering his orders to the troops. Within seconds hundreds of Vypers and Jetbikes took to

the air and soared off. The battle lines of Guardians readied themselves. The Dire

Avengers attending Jaelain’s bodyguard changed stance so that they may advance with

catapults levelled. Over head, Falcons, Wave Serpeants, Fire Prisms and other Cha’Los

Grav-Tanks, screamed their defiance as the engines rocketed them above the Guardian ranks

to catch the agile Vypers. ‘Hold the lines, we must hold out while our allies can fortify

their holdings’ rang through the minds of all the Guardians. Before the Guardians

fifty Wraithguard stood in attendance. Fifteen Wraithlords stood above the Guardians,

their hulking forms casting shadows across the lines of Guardians. Amongst them, stood

Athag’Atherakhia, Pride of Cha’Los.

Dropping speed suddenly as the Grav-Tanks

came within weapons range, a wave of fire battered the front ranks of those under Damius’

command. The plague zombies at the fore of the horde died in their hundreds under the

bombardment of the Eldar weaponry. Within seconds, the retaliatory fire of the Nurgle

armoured force showed it’s own firepower. Within seconds forty Grav-Tanks dropped and

crashed into the sands of the desert. ‘Proceed with second phase’ rang through the minds

of the Grav-Tank pilots.

As the wave continued it’s fire into the approaching

ranks, the Falcons and Wave Serpents swung their rear doors open. A further ten seconds

past as those contained within the now opened Eldar transports, a thunder of feet slammed

into the desert sands as the Striking Scorpions, Guardian Legionnaires, Fire Dragons and

various other Aspect Warriors stormed out. Each of the Aspect Warriors knew their fate by

taking this mission and each was a battle scared veteran of their path. As soon as the

last of the armoured carrier’s occupants stepped foot upon the desert sands, the

attacking wave of Eldar tanks suddenly shot up and behind the way of the Cha’Los

Warriors. The tide of Nurgle filth rammed home into the new line of Cha’Los

defenders.
Old 14 May 2004, 21:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau Campaign

not to shabby i must say, altho i doubt the

battles will ever be that big, this is definalty a spectacular peice of fluff. i was able

to see the battle clearly!

DF
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 14 May 2004, 22:02   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Thanks, I wanted your feedback on this before the

go ahead with writting the other stuff.
Old 16 May 2004, 02:28   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

"Why do we fight this foe?" enquired

Warlock Talachi, his gaze fixed upon Farseer Tyross as he spoke. "We must fight

these abominations now or forever lose this Maiden World to the Four Winds. I have cast

my watchful eye across the skeins of fate, and there is no other way. No other recourse

but to drive forth our attack into the heart of the enemy" replied Tyross, his eyes

fixed firmly upon the marching Nurgle lines as it came across the rolling sands of the

eastern continent.

Giving but a single gesture to Master Exarch Jaelain, he

begun ushering his orders to the troops. Within seconds hundreds of Vypers and Jetbikes

took to the air and soared off. The battle lines of Guardians readied themselves. The

Dire Avengers attending Jaelain&#39;s bodyguard changed stance so that they may advance

with catapults levelled. Over head, Falcons, Wave Serpeants, Fire Prisms and other Cha&#

039;Los Grav-Tanks, screamed their defiance as the engines rocketed them above the

Guardian ranks to catch the agile Vypers. "Hold the lines, we must hold out while

our allies can fortify their holdings" rang through the minds of all the Guardians.

Before the Guardians fifty Wraithguard stood in attendance. Fifteen Wraithlords stood

above the Guardians, their hulking forms casting shadows across the lines of Guardians.

Amongst them, stood Athag&#39;Atherakhia, Pride of Cha&#39;Los.

Dropping

speed suddenly as the Grav-Tanks came within weapons range, a wave of fire battered the

front ranks of those under Damius&#39; command. The plague zombies at the fore of the

horde died in their hundreds under the bombardment of the Eldar weaponry. Within seconds,

the retaliatory fire of the Nurgle armoured force showed it&#39;s own firepower. Within

seconds forty Grav-Tanks dropped and crashed into the sands of the desert. ‘Proceed with

second phase&#39; rang through the minds of the Grav-Tank pilots.

As the

wave continued it&#39;s fire into the approaching ranks, the Falcons and Wave Serpents

swung their rear doors open. A further ten seconds past as those contained within the now

opened Eldar transports, a thunder of feet slammed into the desert sands as the Striking

Scorpions, Guardian Legionnaires, Fire Dragons and various other Aspect Warriors stormed

out. Each of the Aspect Warriors knew their fate by taking this mission and each was a

battle scared veteran of their path. As soon as the last of the armoured carrier&#39;s

occupants stepped foot upon the desert sands, the attacking wave of Eldar tanks suddenly

shot up and behind the way of the Cha&#39;Los Warriors. The tide of Nurgle filth rammed

home into the new line of Cha&#39;Los defenders.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 21:37   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to chrisburris

I&#39;d love to see a battle that big, whew.

://taintedasylum.net/forums

Yes, it&#39;s the Tainted Asylum Network Warhammer 40k Forums! Rising

from the ashes of the old...
Old 23 Jun 2004, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

We love to participate in battles just this big

(like six Eldar players each with about 700 points each verses everyone else) at my local

GW until they got new staff in, but it took all day (like 3 hours a game and took about 2

weeks to plan and get word to everyone interested if you get my drift). Not anymore now.

lol
Old 09 Jul 2004, 22:45   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Acidemerald

Looks great but. Eldar are a Dieing Race im

not sure there would be this much of them in the one place? im probably wrong but i

thought id add that to it :-X

scope i seen the blood run dry from the hardend fighters face as he relised the doom he

was to suffer.

I then put down the scope and said "it isnt to bad just the one filling to be

done"
Old 11 Jul 2004, 16:53   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Dying yes, dead nope. Besides, does anyone know

how big an entire Craftworld is? No offense if I seem a bit aggressive or anything like

that...
Closed Thread