Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Apoc]And Anuvver Stompa
Old 09 Jun 2010, 16:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [Apoc]And Anuvver Stompa

This a variation on the Elektrik Stompa I created a long time ago, now that I actually am more or less familiar with the apocalypse rules. C+C is always welcome
[hr]
[hr]
Stompas are one of a mek's favourite things. they can be shooty, choppy, stompy and massive all at the same time. But there are several problems with how they run: Grots&Snotlings falling into the furnace may be funny, but for the Mek it's a waste of labour and ammunition. Plus, any boyz sent out to get some stuff to put in the furnace grumble that the trees don't fight back, and half the time they don't bring the right stuff back anyway. However, for the Mek willing to deal with a Death skull or two, the answer comes in the form of an imperial (or otherwise) power core.
Designed to power such monstrosities as the warhounds and reavers of the Legio Mortis, the near limetless power unlocks a myriad of new Kustom potential. As any boy who's stepped in front of a Zzap gun knows, electricity is a potent weapon and the Thunder-Charge stompa uses this to the full. A massive, crackling ball protruding on a generator-style pole from each arm mount focuses the electrical charge and can shoot it long distances, and rather than punching through armour it is conducted and fries enemies from the inside

Thunder-Charge Stompa 600 Points/Model

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]Front[/td][td]Side[/td][td]Rear[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stompa[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]10[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]12[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 1 Stompa
[/td]

[td]Weapons/Equipment:
  • 2 Thunder-Charge balls
  • Zzap Gun (Forward Arc)
  • 3 Supa-Rokkits (Forward Arc)
  • Twin-Linked Big Shoota (Rear Arc)
[/td]

[td]Options:
  • Red Paint Job...+25 pts
  • Gaze of Mork (or Gork)... +25 pts
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Super-Heavy Walker
[/td]

[td]Structure Points:
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • Effigy
  • Residual Charge
[/td]

[td]Transport:
[/td]
[td]Fire/Access Points:
  • Access via Rear hatch
  • 3 fire points in hull
[/td][/tr][/table]
[hr]
[table][tr][td][/td][td]Range[/td][td]Strength[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Thunder-Charge Ball*[/td][td]60"[/td][td]2D6**[/td][td]2[/td][td]Heavy 1, 5" blast***, Primary Weapon[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dual Thunder-Charge Balls*[/td][td]72"[/td][td]3D6**[/td][td]1[/td][td]Heavy 1, 10" blast****, Primary Weapon[/td][/tr][/table]

*Any Thunder-Charge ball can fire with the top profile. alternitively, if both are able to fire they may instead fire together, using the second profile

** If the total of the 3D6 is 11 or more, the strength is D. When firing, if a double is rolled, halve the total on the dice, but add one to one dice roll next time the thunder charge ball is fired using the same profile as the charge is instead stored in the Stompa. If a triple is rolled, discard the shot and instead consult the following chart:
1s – The charge builds up until it breaks, the discharge tearing the Stompa apart! Roll for the Stompa on the catastrophic damage table as if it had lost all structure points, and add 1 to the roll (up to a maximum of 6)
2s – Something in the workings blows, scattering electrical charge across the Stompa. It immediately loses one structure point.
3s – Rather than discharging out to the target, the electricity tries to earth itself around the Stompa. Resolve the shot as normal, but with the blast marker centred over the Stompa
4s – The Stompa fires, but the unpredictable charge flies in completely the wrong direction. Resolve the shot as normal, but with the blast centred on the tallest other model within 18”
5s – As the Stompa looks like its gonna blow, a quick-thinking grot shuts off the power. The thunder charge balls suffer a Gun Crew Shaken result, but are otherwise unharmed. Not so the offending greenskin, who is likely to be pounded into the floor for ruining the Mek’s blastin’
6s – The charge fizzles away with a disappointing anticlimax. Nothing happens.

***Rather than hitting every model under the template, roll a D6. Allocate this number of hits to models under the template in order of height. If there are more shots than models, allocate the rest again in order of height and so on.

****Rather than hitting every model under the template, roll 2D6. Allocate this number of hits to models under the template in order of height. If there are more shots than models, allocate the rest again in order of height and so on.

*****Asterisks! Woot!
[hr]
Effigy: see Apocalypse p130
Residual Charge: While much of the power generated by the core is dischared through its weapon, it can sometimes remain in the hull. Any model embarking on a Stompa or attacking it in hand to hand combat takes a S4 AP - hit on a D6 roll of 6. Vehicles instead suffer an automatic glancing hit (they conduct much better)
[hr]
[hr]
[glow=red,2,300]New:[/glow]
[hr]
[hr]
Against many a Daemon foe on long Space Hulk voyages, Orks quickly realise that the plague carrying ‘Stinky Bugs’ often utilised by their Nurgle foes are potent weapons of biological warfare. Using squigs infected, purposefully or accidentally, by these demonic insects bred in isolation, a Kustomised Deth Kannon is able to fire the pestilent rounds and spread the flies amongst the foe. While often criticised by Goffs as being cowardly, the gun crews convince most Orks of the funny side of having the enemy’s heads explode in a cloud of bugs. The downside is, with so many beasts of Nurgle around the occasional random mutation from squig to gibbering spawn is bound to happen, but it helps to keep the krew in practice for proper crumpin’.

Stompa of Nurgle 650 Points/Model

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Points[/td][td]WS[/td][td]BS[/td][td]S[/td][td]FA[/td][td]SA[/td][td]RA[/td][td]A[/td][td]I[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stompa[/td][td]550[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]10[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 1 Stompa
[/td]

[td]Weapons/Equipment:
  • Plaguesquig thrower with Co-Axial Supa-Gattler
  • Titan Close Combat Weapon
  • Twin-Linked Big shoota (Forward Arc)
  • Two Big Shootas (Forward Arc)
  • Three Supa-Rokkits (Forward Arc)
  • Big shoota (Rear 180 degrees)
[/td]

[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Super-Heavy Walker
[/td]

[td]Structure Points:
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • Effigy
  • Daemonsquig load
  • Da Squigs’ve gone wrong!
[/td]

[td]Transport:
  • 20 Models
[/td]
[td]Fire/Access Points:
  • 3 Fire Points in hull
  • 1 Rear access ramp
[/td]

[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[hr]
[table][tr][td][/td][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]Plaguesquig Thrower[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]72”[/td][td]2[/td][td]Ordnance 1, 7” blast, Poisoned (2+), Primary weapon[/td][/tr][/table]

Plaguesquig Thrower: after resolving hits from the Plaguesquig Thrower, place 1 chaos spawn on the board for each 6 rolled on the 2D6 rolled for scatter (even if the shot was a hit) as the hapless ammunition mutates from the infection inside it. If the unit initially targeted suffered any hits, the spawn must be placed in hand-to-hand combat with that unit (it is not treated as having charged that turn). Otherwise, it must be placed in hand-to-hand combat with one unit hit or, if no units were hit by the blast, underneath where the centre of the blast marker landed. Spawn placed this way automatically lose two wounds from the force of impact

Daemonsquig load: At the beginning of every Ork movement phase, units embarked on the Stompa must pass a morale test or be forced to disembark. Additionally, every time the Stompa loses a structure point, roll a D6, and at the end of any Ork movement phase when the Stompa is Wrecked, roll 4D6. For every 6 rolled this way, immediately place 1 Chaos Spawn in base-to-base contact with the Stompa, as a mutated squig is freed and tears itself from the hull.
Chaos Spawn placed on the board by the Daemonsquig load rule or by the Plaguesquig Thrower move their maximum movement towards the nearest unit at the beginning of every Ork movement phase, and attempt to assault the nearest unit at the beginning of the assault phase (it does not matter which side these units are on, although the Spawn will ignore other spawn created by Stompas of Nurgle

Da Squigs’ve gone Weird!: After the Stompa has made attacks in close combat against a Gargantuan creature or Super-Heavy Vehicle, on a D6 roll of 6, the target takes a further S6 Rending hit as a particularly vicious Spawn too big to fit down the barrel is bailed over the side. Vehicles are hit on their lowest armour value, as the Orks will hurl the writhing mass of Demonic limbs at any hatches, holes or other weak points they can see.
[hr]
[hr]
Da Boyz' Stompa 550 Points/Model

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Points[/td][td]WS[/td][td]BS[/td][td]S[/td][td]FA[/td][td]SA[/td][td]RA[/td][td]A[/td][td]I[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stompa[/td][td]550[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]10[/td][td]13[/td][td]13[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr]
[td]Unit Composition:
  • 1 Stompa
[/td]

[td]Weapons/Equipment:
  • Two Twin-Linked Flakka-Dakka Guns, one with Co-Axial Grot Glowygun
  • Titan Close Combat Weapon
  • Twin-Linked Big shoota (Forward Arc)
  • Two Big Shootas (Forward Arc)
  • Two Supa-Rokkits (Forward Arc)
  • Big shoota (Rear 180 degrees)
[/td]

[td]Options:
Can replace the Titan Close Combat Weapon and/or the two Flakka-Dakka Guns (with Glowygun) with any of the following, so long as the Stompa has at least 1 Flakka-Dakka Arm or Traktor Arm:
  • Flakka-Dakka Arm with 2 Twin-Linked Flakka-Dakka Guns, one with co-axial Grot Glowygun...Free
  • Krusha Ball...+ 50 pts
  • Traktor Arm, with Lifta-Droppa and Traktor Beam...+35 pts
  • Landing Platform...Free
[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td] Unit Type:
  • Super-Heavy Walker
[/td]

[td]Structure Points:
[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td]Special Rules:
  • Effigy
  • Incomin'!
[/td]

[td]Transport:
  • 30 Models
[/td]
[td]Fire/Access Points:
  • 4 Fire Points in hull
  • 1 Rear and 1 Front access ramp
[/td]

[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[hr]
Incomin’: Before each battle, the Mekboy in charge of the Stompa puts the fear of Gork into the hapless Grot weapon crews. His job, accordin’ to da boss, is to see dat da Boyz get to do some crumpin’ up real close, and so while it may be fun to watch da boomy fings drop on them from the sky, it might reflect badly on da Mek – in turn reflecting somewhat squishily on the grots in question. During its shooting phase, a Boyz Stompa may choose to reduce the number of shots fired by any of its Flakka-dakka Guns by any amount. If so, any number of shots may be taken at Jump infantry, Mycetic spores or Drop Pods that deep strike during the next enemy turn (if any wounds or Destroyed results are inflicted, the unit automatically mishaps), or at any weapon of 48” or greater range with any blast template attack that lands with the hole within range (any successful hit means the shot is discarded), up to the total number of shots not fired in the previous player shooting phase.

Traktor Beam: The Traktor beam is not be fired during your shooting phase. Instead, whenever during the enemy shooting phase the enemy fires any weapon with a range of 48” or greater that uses any blast template, roll a dice for each shot fired that is placed with the hole within 24" of the Stompa. On a 4+, the shot scatters an extra 2D6” (or scatters 2D6” in the direction of the small arrow if a ‘hit’ is rolled). On a 6, the shot is discarded altogether as the Traktor Beam tears it apart.

Landing Platform: Any unit of Stormboyz or Deffkoptas who end their move entirely within 2" of the Stompa may elect to land on its Landing platform. Up to one unit may do so at a time, and count as being embarked in an open-topped vehicle for purposes of firing and being fired at. A unit of Stormboyz or Deffkoptas on the landing platform may elect to leave the platform and re-enter play by deep strike, and do not scatter as long as all models are entirely within 12" of the Stompa.
If there is no unit on the landing platform and 20 or less models are being transported, they may move up and occupy the Landing platform, freeing the transport capacity. However, every turn the jostling of boys not possessed of the order of Stormboyz forces each to roll a dangerous terrain test as they are in danger of being pushed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 19:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: And Anuvver Stompa

I really like this, its incredibly Orky and well thought out.

On a Mishap roll of a 4, what would happen on the off chance that there is nothing within 18"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 19:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I prefer your Elektrik and Nuclear Stompas (they are more shooty ), but this one is still good and killy. In fact I know just what you should use as its <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YSF...ated">theme music.</A>
terminator44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Just to entrench my obsession with random generation of Stompa variants, I have added the Stompa of Nurgle and Da Boyz' Stompa to the OP. If I ever get an actual Stompa, I'll try and magnetize bits so's I can vary it into any one of my designs.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:13   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I like the Traktor Beam, but I would consider letting the Ork player pick the direction of scatter if a Hit is rolled.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 08:18   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I do not like the Traktor Beam - according to your rules I could deploy my Leman Russ 180" away from the Stompa, fire it at a model 240" away from the Stompa, and it would still dick around with my firepower.

I think you should be looking at making the Traktor Beam some form of baby Lifta-Droppa. For starters, it means less stupid scenarios will crop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 08:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I admire the spirit of the rules of the traktor beam, but you need to put a maximum range on it, following on from what Wargamer said. Perhaps it only affects blasts within a 24" radius of the Stompa - that's still pretty hefty, but that's Apocalypse for you. That resolves the issue of it dicking around with the firepower of a model ten feet away.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 15:42   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Oh, I misread that before. I thought it only effected models firing at the Stompa itself. I would definitely change that to limit how much it could influence.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2010, 20:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

dmn... have fixed that
It was initially because I was going to have the Traktor beam listed with a weapons profile, but I thought the profile Traktor Beam: Range-18" S-N/A AP-N/A Other-N/A was kind of pointless.
Quote:
Quote: