Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Apoc]DoubleHammer Heavy Siege Tank
Old 08 Jun 2010, 19:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default [Apoc]DoubleHammer Heavy Siege Tank

Hi,
I came up with this concept while thinking about how stupid an idea I had had was. (super heavy Thunderer, 3 demolishers in BB chassis). I though it seemed pretty cool, so I came up with some fluff for it. It's supposedly very rare, so if I ever build one it'll be one only.
Though the Banesword is considered by many to be the ultimate imperial siege vehicle, an STC template has recently been found for something quick makes even it look like the humble Basilisk. Armed with a turret housing TWO huge Medusa Siege Mortars, and support by two Demolisher cannons in a forward hull mount, the only real disadvantage to the Doublehammer is that the additional storage space required for the huge shells it must carry weakens it's integrity. Such is the intensity of the Barrage from a Doublehammer at full fire, it is often considered overkill against ordinary fortications, and so is only deployed against extremely tough fortifications, usually protected by multiple void shields. For this reason, the Doublehammer is often accompanied by Hydra Flak tanks, both to protect it from enemy Flyers, and to weaken lighter defenses before the Doublehammers onslaught. Though not it's intended role, the Doublehammer can also be used to engage enemy super-heavy vehicles. The sheer devastation caused by it's armament can flatten anything short of a warhound titan with contemptuous ease. Like all banblade chassis, the Doublehammer also mounts side sponsons, though due to the space needed for Shells, there is no room for heavy bolter ammo, so the Doublehammer mounts Multilasers instead.
Anyway, onto the sheet:
Doublehammer - 620
BS Front Side Rear
3 14 12 10
Unit Type: Super-heavy Tank
Wargear:
Turret-Mounted Twin Medusa Siege Mortar
Twin Demolisher Cannon
2 Sponsons, Each with 1 Twin-linked Multilaser and 1 Twin-linked Lascannon
Special Rules:
Twin Weapons - these count as Heavy two versions of the standard weapons.
Ammunition Store: If the Doublehammer suffers structural damage from a penetrating hit to the rear, roll a D6. on a 1, it is immediately destroyed, loses all of it's remaining structure points and automaticaaly suffers an Apocayptic explosion result on the Catastrauphic damage chart.
Bring on the comments!
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 20:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: [Apoc]DoubleHammer Heavy Siege Tank

Well theres no reason that the side and rear armour would be reduced. Points seem fair i suppose. I would say that the sponsons arent right though. Twin linked Lascannons especially, just 1 like normal is fine, and im no sure about TLing Multilasers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 20:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Whoops, didn't mean to twin-link the Lascannon. I'll go correct that.
I figured Multilasers would work because HWT Lascannons have a fairly small power cell. With the spae taken up by space for shells. I figured that lasers would be better than the 4000+ rounds a Heavy Bolter would need. They may even be able to partially recharge them by using the heat from the engines.
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2010, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

MultiLasers work fine, just not sure about twinlinking them. 4 shots at S6 is pretty good already, 2 are gonna hit, so its not bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote