Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Apoc] The Dakkanator!
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:33   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default [Apoc] The Dakkanator!

Big Mek Snagrad the Deaf, also known as "Snagrad the WOT!? I CAN'T HEEEAR YOOOU!!!", was born on the planet Amercium Rotundus. Of all the gifts Gork and Mork blessed him with; big muscles, a brilliant [for an Ork] mind, the ability to be obnoxiously loud, the assumption the universe revolved around him, the insistance that he had to be involved in everything and the ability to eat twice his bodyweight in Squig Burgers on a nightly basis, it is what they didn't give him that preyed on Snagrad's mind. Snagrad's 'choppa' was far from impressive, and so like everyone else on Americum Rotundus, he made up for it by buying a Shoota.

In Snagrad's case, he felt the need for a Big Shoota. A very, very, VERY Big Shoota.

Thus, the Dakkanator was born; a Gatling-Gatling-Gatling gun that fired six thousand rounds a second, burning through its million-shot magazine in under three seconds flat. Originally mounted on a battle fortress, it became a fixed weapon emplacement when the weight of the monstrous weapon crushed the fortress into the ground.

The Dakkanator was used only once in battle, during the purging of Americum Rotundus by the Inquisition. The almighty weapon's discharge reportedly killed twenty three Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, demolished a small Ork fort, shot down an Imperial landing craft and tore the port engine of a starship in orbit. Where the ungodly storm of projectiles ended no-one knows. Some claim the Dakkanator's volley has flattened entire planets as the cloud of shrapnel expands and grows on its journey through space. Others believe the Dakkanator's glorious blast awakened Gork and Mork themselves, who stomp their way across the universe seeing just how much damage one lunatic Mekboy's weapon can do. Others claim the Tau Empire (briefly) tried to make friends with it.

The fate of Snagrad is not widely known, but those who witnessed the discharge briefly recall seeing the weapon bounce up violenty due to recoil, seeing Grots scream warnings of what was happening, and Snagrad himself standing behind his creation yelling "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! MY SHOOTA IS WAY TO LOU-"

THE DAKKANATOR:
[table]
[tr][td] [/td][td]Bs[/td][td]Front[/td][td]Side[/td][td]Rear[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The Dakkanator[/td][td]2[/td][td]15[/td][td]14[/td][td]13[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

The Dakkanator is an immobile vehicle with D3+3 Structure Points. It also has D3-1 Power Fields (minimum 0). Roll after deployment.

The Dakkanator can only fire once per game. In order to fire the weapon, you must roll a D6 and add the turn number. If the result is 8 or more, the Dakkanator let's fly with an ungodly storm of bullets!

To fire the Dakkanator, nominate a point on the board and place a marker there. You do not need line of sight to that point. Roll a Scatter dice; on a "Hit", leave the marker where it is. On an "Arrow", move the marker 2D6" in the direction shown. Once the marker is in its final position, draw a STRAIGHT line from the centre of the Dakkanator's barrel through the marker and to the far board edge. Anything within 3" of that line either side (so the "fire corridor" is 6" across in total) it potentially hit by the Dakkanator.

Next, roll 4D6 and add both the remaining number of Structure Points the Dakkanator has, and the Turn number. This is how many 'hits' the Dakkanator inflicts. Starting with the closest applicable target (friend or foe!), apply the Dakkanator's hits as follows:

Infantry, Cavalry, Beasts, Jump Infantry & Bikes: These take one hit each and are removed from play, regardless of their total number of Wounds and with no saves of any kind allowed EVER!

Monstrous Creatures & Models with Eternal Warrior: These models take one wound per 'hit' applied to them with no saves of any kind allowed EVER! If reduced to 0 wounds, they are killed.

Vehicles: Hits on vehicles reduce the vehicle's Armour Value on the facing nearest the Dakkanator AND the opposite facing by one. If either are reduced to 9, the vehicle is destroyed - replace it with a wreak. The Dakkanator will apply hits until it runs out, or the vehicle is destroyed in this way.

Super-Heavy Vehicles: As above, save that the Dakkanator must first apply one 'hit' to any Shields the vehicle has, then apply hits to its Structure Points. Once reduced to 1 Structure Point, reduce armour as above.

Terrain: If Linear Terrain (ie: a fence, hedge, sandbag, etc) is hit by the Dakkanator, roll a D6 to determine the number of 'wounds' the Terrain has. If the Dakkanator reduces the Terrain to 0 'wounds', remove a 6" segment (ie: the bit hit by the Dakkanator). Area Terrain rolls 2D6 to determine the number of 'wounds' it has.

If removing only a piece of the terrain is impracticle, or even impossible, remove the entire terrain feature instead.

The Board Edge:
If the Dakkanator runs out of things to hit, roll a D6 for each unit (friend or foe!) in Reserve. On a roll of 6, the unit is immediately subjected to the remaining shots of the Dakkanator. If there are still shots left, continue rolling to hit Reserves.

If you have rolled every Reserve and still have shots left, continue your line of fire off the board to see if it crosses over any other 40K gaming tables. If it does, resolve the attack at once. If after this you STILL have shots left, they are applied to the Dakkanator (hitting its Front/Rear armour).

Note that due to how extremely silly the Dakkanator is, it cannot be Shaken, Stunned, Immobilised or suffer Armament Destroyed results - this thing is built to last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: [Apoc] The Dakkanator!

I very much enjoy the implications of this character and weapons. I shall have to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

That is... ridiculous. That is hilarious.

But seriously, AV 15?
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Makes sense.

If you recall Da Krata Maka had an AV of 16. Only Railguns, Meltas and Gauss could touch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

And don't forget those lovely destroyer weapons >! Or did it have some rule against those, can't remember right now...
Old 31 Mar 2010, 16:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love this unit, only orks could get something like this.
Old 03 Apr 2010, 14:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

The Krata Maka? what's that?
Old 03 Apr 2010, 14:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

It was a massive Ork artillery piece featured in a White Dwarf Apocalypse battle.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 14:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Now do a hilarious and obvious British stereotype.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 15:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

any idea if it is available online?