Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Command & Conquer - Red Alert 40,000
Old 17 Dec 2009, 22:23   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Command & Conquer - Red Alert 40,000

Greetings, Commander.

I'm sure you're a little confused as to what's been going on lately. I am going to bring you up to speed, but first I must remind you of a few vital facts:
Firstly, the information enclosed has been classified absolute maximum security. In fact, we've had to make up a whole new level of security just for this. We're currenty running a poll between "supremely top secret" and "super tippy-top secret". That's not important, but what is important is that you understand how supremely (or, indeed, super tippy-top) secret this is, and that you discuss it to no-one.
Secondly, I don't actually remember which side we are. Thankfully, this briefing has conveniently decided to be faction-neutral in its layout and description, thus ensuring I don't have to admit I've forgotten who we are and make myself look a prat. If you are not the Commander to whom this is addressed (and you'll know who you are - it's kind of hard to foreget whether you helped conquer the whole bloody world or not!), then stop reading right now!

Anyway, let me bring you up to speed. This whole mess started when some bloke you've probably never heard off called "Einstein" or something invented a time machine. He went back in time and killed some guy called "Rudoph Hitler", who was presumably the Anti-Santa. This stopped Germany becoming a major super-power, but inadvertantly made the Soviet Union the biggest bunch of bad-asses on the planet. A brief, but violent war followed, and the Soviets were forced back.
However, the Soviets invented their own time machine, and went back in time to kill Einstein. This is why you've never heard of him, though why it caused Tanya to be born about 50 years later and as a blond is anyone's guess.
Following this alteration to the timeline, the Soviet Union was on the brink of global domination. This was thwarted, however, by the timely intervention of the Empire of the Rising Sun - a super-power that did not exist before Einstein popped his clogs, or slippers, or whatever the hell he wore. With me so far?

Now, this is where things get a bit... odd. I asked my local Trekkie to explain it, and he used a lot of words like "anti-chronotons" and "temporal dilation of the subspace manifolds". There was probably a Tacheon in there too. Anyway, we shot him and found someone more intelligent. He said that because the Allies had built a load of time machines, and the Soviets built a time machine, and the Rising Sun didn't build a time machine but did enjoy blowing up everyone else's time machines (Chronospheres being a sort-of time machine; a half-time machine, maybe?). All this time-machine-blowy-uppy-undoey-the-pastiness caused a big ball of timey-wimey energy that... well, it royally buggered things up.

Now there's Space Marines about. Or maybe we teleported into the Space Marine timeframe, we're not quite sure. There's some guy who claims we're all just Heroic 28mm scale miniatures converted to be used in something called "Apocalypse", but we've taken the booze away and put him in a padded room until he starts talking sense.

Anyway, Commander, that's the situation. There's a load of scary aliens, a load of nutters in Power Armour. Oh! Good news! Our boys are here too! Bad news, those other backstabbing --TRANSMISSION ERROR-- are here too. We need you to do what you do best, Commander; grab an MCV, whip up an army and break out Sun Tzu's Zen and the Art of Zerg Rushing! What's a Zerg? It's something like a Tyranid Gaunt from some stupid RTS nobody gives a crap about. What's a Tyranid? You'll see...

More rules for Bases, Units, Scenarios and Timey-Wimeyness to follow soon.

Universal Special Rules for Red Alert 40,000
For the sake of simplicity, I have decided to apply the following rules. These apply to all units involved in a game of Red Alert 40,00 - even "normal" 40K units!

Flyers: For the sake of simplicity, Flyers use the following rules:
Minimum Movement: Flyers have a movement speed listed along with their movement type (ie: 'Flyer (12)&#39. The number listed is the minimum distance a Flyer must move each turn. A Flyer may move less than this if it ends its move on the ground (this is so you can't accidentally overrun your LZ, which would be annoying). Flyers taking off again must move at least their listed distance.
Flyers with no movement value listed have no minimum movement - they can choose to hover on the spot if they want!
40K Flyers should adhere to these rules as well - discuss before the game how fast (or slow) a Flyer's minimum move should be, using the units here as a guideline.
Shooting at Flyers: Flyers are buggers to hit, being really high up and all. Most weapons don't have a hope in hell of hitting them. To represent this, Flyers are immune (yes, immune) to all weapons unless they are AA mounts. AA mounts hit Flyers as normal.
Note that Flyers can't hit other Flyers either unless they have an AA weapon - some Flyers just aren't built for dogfighting!
Note that AA weapons don't have any range penalties, and treat the Flyer as on equal height for purposes of measuring range - the gun is built to knock out flyers, so it'll have the range to do it!
Flyer Shooting: Flyers shoot just like normal units, the exception being Bombs - these can be fired at any point during the Flyer's Move, allowing it to drop them on top of enemies as it flies past.
Flyer Weapons:
Anti-Air (AA) Weapons: Weapons marked as "AA" are able to shoot at enemy aircraft. However, AA guns are not much good for anything else, so cannot shoot anything but anti-air units!
Anti-Ground (AG) Weapons: A weapon with "AG" can shoot at ground based targets. Note that some units may have a weapon listed as "AA/AG". This means it can fire at both Air and Ground targets! What a useful weapon!
Bombs: Bombs always have a range of 6". No exceptions. They can be fired at any point during the Flyer's movement. Bombs are always Anti-Ground, and never Anti-Air.
Players using 40K units should discuss what counts as what. For example, the Hydra Flak-Tank is a pretty obvious Anti-Air mount!

Multi-Form: Many units, particularly Rising Sun units, can change their unit type during battle. These are known as 'Multi-Form' units. A Multi-Form unit may change its type at the start of its own Movement Phase. It must then remain in that form until the start of the next Movement Phase. There is no movement penalty for changing form, though it may mean certain weapons or abilities cannot be used until it shifts back.

Aquatic: Aquatic units operate on the open water. They treat all water, be it a lake, river or the ocean, as open ground.
Some units have "Aquatic (Sub)" in their profile; these are submarines - they operate beneath the water. Submarines are immune to all forms of attack, with one very important exception; Anti-Sub weapons!
Note that if a Sub wishes to fire, it has to surface. To represent this, a Sub that fires in the Shooting Phase is considered to be on the surface until the start of its next Movement Phase - meaning it can be fired at like a normal ship!
Anti-Sub (AS) Weaponry: Anti-Sub weapons are the only weapons that can fire at a submersed Submarine. Weapons listed as "AS" can fire at all Aquatic units, not just Subs, but cannot fire at units on dry land or in the air.

THE APOCALYPSE TANK
The Apocalypse Tank is the most monstrous thing the Soviet Union ever produced, and that includes their Eurovision entries. It is a bloody huge slab of armour plating with a pair of massive cannons on top, and a huge grinder assembly on its prow. Because the enemies of Communism had an annoying habit of running away when they saw this thing coming, the Soviets installed a tractor beam to stop them fleeing! Apocalypse Tanks crush and grind their way across the field, making an absolute mockery of all that stands in their way. It's just a blessing the thing isn't Aquatic...
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Front[/td][td]Side[/td][td]Rear[/td][td]Bs[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Apocalypse Tank[/td][td]***[/td][td]14[/td][td]13[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]
Type: Super Heavy Tank.
Speed: Lumbering.
Structure Points: 3.
Weapons: Twin-Linked Apocalypse Cannon, Apocalypse Grinder.
SPECIAL RULES:
Apocalypse Cannon: Range: 72" Str: 10 AP: 2 Type: Ordnance 1, Blast.
Apocalypse Grinder: The Apocalypse Grinder is a potent weapon. It may be fired as a ranged weapon with 18" range. If the target has 3 or fewer Structure / Mass Points, move it D6" toward the Apocalypse Tank. If it has more than 3 Structure / Mass points, move the Apocalypse Tank D6" toward the target. If this move brings the Apocalypse Tank within base contact of any model (friend or foe, so watch it!), the model is removed from play with no saves allowed. If the unit has Structure / Mass points, it instead loses a single Structure / Mass point automatically - no saves once again!
Crush it all! Apocalypse Tanks simply flatten everything in their way as they advance. Any terrain feature smaller than the tank is automatically destroyed when the Apocalypse Tank moves through it. In addition, any enemy models (bar Super Heavy vehicles and Gargantuan Creatures) the tank moves through are immediately removed from play - the tank simply crushes them!
Apocalyptic Armour: Apocalypse Tanks are very hardy things, and incredibly hard to disable. To represent this, the Apocalypse Tank ignores all results on the damage table that don't involve losing Structure Points - this is one tough bastard!
Twelve Point Turn... The Apocalypse Tank cannot move forward and turn in the same Movement Phase (discounting being dragged by its Apocalypse Grinder). This is the price it pays for being so bad-ass!

Charging the Apocalypse Tank: Units may charge the Apocalypse Tank's front armour without going into the Grinder. However, if the Tank so much as rolls 1/16th of an inch forward in its movement phase, they go splat! As such, you should not stand in front of the Apocalypse Tank... ever.
Note once again that the Grinder only works when the tank moves forward, not when it turns; the Soviets cannot spin their tank around on the spot to squish you, no matter how much they want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2009, 22:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Command & Conquer - Red Alert 40,000

Shouldn't this be in House Rules or Alternate Universes?
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2009, 22:47   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Shouldn't this be in House Rules or Alternate Universes?
Think of it as a rather complicated Apocalypse expansion. :P

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Dec 2009, 01:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

Welcome Commander, we at Futuretech understand that the recent events may have somewhat shaken you. To this end we have decided that it is best to familiarise yourself with the most common infantry available to each faction and so we have collated the data available to us for your consideration.

Allies

Peacekeeper Battalion:
The allied Peacekeepers are primarily used in a policing role around Allied installations, where their shotguns and riot shields are an optimum armament for crowd control and security roles.
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Peacekeeper[/td][td]***[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]8[/td][td]4+[/td][/tr][/table]

Unit composition:
5-10 Peacekeepers

Unit type:
Infantry

Wargear:
Combat shotgun
Riot shield
Carapace armour

Special Rules:
Riot shields: The peacekeepers may opt to stow their shotguns in favour of deploying riot shields to give them more cover while advancing. The riot shield confers a 5+ invulnerable save in close combat, in addition the squad may choose to deploy riot shields instead of shooting in the shooting phase. If they choose to do this then the count as having a 3+ save until their following shooting phase.

Combat Shotgun
[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]12"[/td][td]-[/td][td]Assault 2[/td][/tr][/table]

Soviets

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Conscripts[/td][td]***[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr][/table]

Unit composition:
5-20 Conscripts

Unit type:
Infantry

Wargear:
Assault rifle
Molotov coctails
Flack armour

Special Rules:
Molotov!: A conscript in the Soviet military is fuelled by pride in his nation and copious amounts of vodka. In battle this supply of alcohol is used in an offensive manner with the application of a lighter and a bolt of cloth. The barrage of flaming coctails is enough to force the conscripts' enemies to keep their heads down, allowing the conscripts an advantage in assault. They count as having assault grenades.

Assault Rifle
[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]24"[/td][td]-[/td][td]Rapid fire[/td][/tr][/table]

Empire of the Rising Sun

Imperial Warriors

[tr][td]Warrior[/td][td]***[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr][/table]

Unit composition:
5-15 Imperial Warriors

Unit type:
Infantry

Wargear:
Energy rifle
Katana
Combat armour

Special Rules:
Emperor's Rage: The Wariors of the Empire of the Rising Sun are zealously loyal to their Emperor and throw themselves into combat with a fury borne of devotion. If the squad does not shoot in their turn then they gain the Furious Charge universal special rule for that assault phase.

Energy Rifle
[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]24"[/td][td]5[/td][td]Rapid fire[/td][/tr][/table]
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You're going to make me update my RA2 Allies 'dex and finish the Soviet and Yuri ones, aren't you? Because I don't acknowledge the existence of RA3 .
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:19   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

I am so watching this.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
You're going to make me update my RA2 Allies 'dex and finish the Soviet and Yuri ones, aren't you? Because I don't acknowledge the existence of RA3 .
That's the advantage of RA3 being an alternate, alternate reality. Everything previous still counts
Old 18 Dec 2009, 09:56   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

STRIKER-VX
The Striker-VX is an advanced battle-robot, assisted by a Human pilot. The Striker is armed with a versitile missile battery designed primarily to knock out enemy aircraft. However, the Striker can also deploy as an attack helicopter, raining anti-tank missiles down on enemies below. The sight of a VX squadron approaching at speed is something no tank commander ever wishes to see, and it has brought the Rising Sun many great victories.
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Front[/td][td]Side[/td][td]Rear[/td][td]Bs[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Striker-VX[/td][td]***[/td][td]12[/td][td]11[/td][td]10[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]
Type: Multi-Form: Walker / Flyer
Squadron: 1-3 Striker-VX
Weapons: Striker Missile Battery.
SPECIAL RULES:
Striker Missile Battery: Range: 48" Str: 7 Ap: 4 Type: Heavy 4, Twin-Linked.
Note that the Striker Missile Battery is AA Only in "Walker" mode, and AG Only in "Flyer" mode.

MECHA-TENGU
The Mecha-Tengu is a lightweight transforming mecha developed by the Rising Sun. The Mecha-Tengu incorporates a lightweight cannon designed primarily to kill enemy Infantry, but it also functions as a servicable anti-aircraft weapon. Mecha-Tengu usually operate in large squadrons, and the pilots are known for being gung-ho and boistrous. Later models of Mecha-Tengu were sometimes fitted with underslung missiles to increase their dogfighting potential, ensuring even the most heavily armoured enemy aircraft had reason to fear them.
[tr][td]Mecha-Tengu[/td][td]***[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][/table]
Type: Multi-Form: Fast Skimmer / Flyer (24).
Squadron: 1-5 Mecha-Tengu.
Weapons: Tengu Autocannon (counts as Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter).
Options: Any Mecha-Tengu can be fitted with up to two Skystrike Missiles at +10pts per missile. These can only be fired in Flyer mode.
SPECIAL RULES:
Dogfighter: The Mecha-Tengu's "Tengu Autocannon" is an AA Only weapon when in Flyer mode.

Quote:
Old 18 Dec 2009, 16:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

How did I know that you'd do the Striker so quickly. You must have done it in what, five minutes?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 16:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

The amphibious battle ship I demand it!

I got to beta test red alert 3! Good times!