Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Strength D
Old 19 Feb 2008, 06:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Strength D

I've just realized something. Strength D weapons do not cause instant death on 'nids, daemons, etc. WTF? Force weapons do D3 wounds and D weapons just do 1? It doesn't make any sense! A Railcannon, and its brethren, are space-based weapons. They auto-penetrate on Titans. But they can't even down a single Carnifex, or worse, anyone wearing an adimantine mantle.

Something has to be done about this, as this is simply retarded. I propose that they should inflict D6 wounds on things immune to instant death.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 08:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager
Default Re: Strength D

They can.
It states that they cause instant death, regardless of the target's toughness, and ignore normal armour & cover saves.

The rules that negate instant death (Synapse, Admantine Mantle, etc) still apply.
Which, imo, is really stupid. All strength D weapons should be just as powerful as the Vortex strength D, although allowing invuln saves. (in Epic Macro Weapons (Strength D equivalents) ignore normal armour and can easily blast apart whole units, but they still allow invulns too.)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 00:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm "house-ruling" D3 rounds. Right now. >.<

This kinda pisses me off, actually.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 00:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

The problem stems from the fact that so many things are immune to instant death. Like a stupidly large number of things. Basically as soon as synapse granted immunity to it it became the dumbest rule ever.

Synapse should only apply to instant death wounds that would be caused by high strength weaponry, not things like daemon weapons, wraithcannons or Strength D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 01:07   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Here we made it D6 wounds, as its kind of ridiculous. And the 'Nid player agreed!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 02:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus Glacies(Icer)
Here we made it D6 wounds, as its kind of ridiculous. And the 'Nid player agreed!
D6 it is. Actually, now that I think about it, D6 makes a bit more sense. That still can't one-shot many things, even on a six. Sheesh, if you roll badly it won't even kill a 'fex.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:44   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

That is one way to nerf the nids again seeing as how they dont get any strength d weapons so you want to try and kill our only decent thing that has a chance of doing anything to those titans and baneblades >
While you are at why dont you take out synapse giving creatures fearless just because that pisses you aff as well
If you dont like the rules just dont play against space marines, chaos or the nids :P

(> &lt him achieve world domination

Gaunts may not cling to the Hive Tyrant for protection while claiming to be a bio-morph.

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you've tried one of these and loved it, copy this into your signature"

Ever wanna be a Vampire Now you can click on link go you know you want to
http://s7.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=96862

to help progress the glory of the nids
Bachinfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by macboy_geoff
I've just realized something. Strength D weapons do not cause instant death on 'nids, daemons, etc.
No no, see, they couldn't do something that stupid.

You must be mistaken.

And if the rules actually say that, they've been misinterpreted, that's all.

I don't care. If I need to rules lawyer to knock some sense into the game (probably with a sledgehammer, no less), then so be it.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 04:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropfred
That is one way to nerf the nids again seeing as how they dont get any strength d weapons so you want to try and kill our only decent thing that has a chance of doing anything to those titans and baneblades >
While you are at why dont you take out synapse giving creatures fearless just because that pisses you aff as well
If you dont like the rules just dont play against space marines, chaos or the nids :P
Without giving actual stats, consider this:
'Nid Gargantuan creatures have somewhere around 8 to 10 wounds, with T hanging somewhere around 8. This means that, at minimum, it'll take 8 SHOTS FROM A FREAKIN' RAILCANNON OR DEFENCE LASER TO KILL 'em. How many games last 8 turns? Against a Titan, even a huge one? No problem. Take down the void shields, and one or two D shots will take it down, or at least cripple it enough to make it useless.

It's not that it offends me personally. It's just that it makes no sense whatsoever. My local 'nid and Chaos players, BTW, are in agreement with me.
Quote:
No no, see, they couldn't do something that stupid.
Oh ye of little faith...
Quote:
You must be mistaken.

And if the rules actually say that, they've been misinterpreted, that's all.

I don't care. If I need to rules lawyer to knock some sense into the game (probably with a sledgehammer, no less), then so be it.
I'm pleased to gain so much support, actually. ^.^
Thanks, guys.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 04:47   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

with the foc restriction gone for apoc you can get as many railguns/cannons as you like so
it wouldn't take 8 turns like you say .
The heriophant as you say does have a lot of wounds and a high toughness but it only has 2 guns and is very expensive you can get 2 baneblade for the price of 1 heiorphant
the baneblade which can fire all 5/6 of its weapons on one turn has structure points and has the ability to reapair
any wepon destroyed result is by far worse imho.
If you are worried about synapse protecting against instant death then just take a lot force weapons that bypase synase and killes said creature outright.

sorry if it seems that i am attacking you i am not trying to ;D

(> &lt him achieve world domination

Gaunts may not cling to the Hive Tyrant for protection while claiming to be a bio-morph.

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you've tried one of these and loved it, copy this into your signature"

Ever wanna be a Vampire Now you can click on link go you know you want to
http://s7.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=96862

to help progress the glory of the nids
Bachinfex is offline   Reply With Quote