Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Helping people?
Closed Thread
Old 05 Sep 2005, 11:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to AngelOfDarkness Send a message via MSN to AngelOfDarkness Send a message via Yahoo to AngelOfDarkness
Default Helping people?

If a blind person dropped there wallet woudl you pick it up for them or take their money?
Personally i would give it back.. but i just want to no what other people would do?
If a person was in a wheelchair and started across the road at the wrong time when cars were going past what would you do? would you stop them? or let them continue?

Just want to know ??? ???
Old 05 Sep 2005, 12:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Helping people?

I would help. Or I want to help. I somtimes think I react to slowly.. you now you see an old lady having trouble with some stairs and then before you react you have already walked past without helping...
Old 05 Sep 2005, 12:36   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

erm....if a random wheel chair bound loony wants to play chicken with the traffic, I think its more for the good of the poor people who may hit him and get prosicuted that I would help.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 05 Sep 2005, 19:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDarkness
If a blind person dropped there wallet woudl you pick it up for them or take their money?
Well...of course it's easy to automatically to say that of course I'd give it back to them but in reality I don't know. I really don't know what I'd do. If there was no one else around I would personally be very tempted to keep it, but whether I actually do so I don't know.

If they had realised they'd dropped it and were looking for it then I definitely would give it back but if they hadn't noticed....I might be very tempted to give in to the darker side of my nature.... :'(
Old 05 Sep 2005, 20:03   #5 (permalink)
Aun'O

I'd definately give the wallet back.

As for the wheel-chair bound person playing chicked, if there was a way that I could help, and not get run-over myself I would. However if there was a likely chance I'd get hit, I wouldn't help much..
Old 05 Sep 2005, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I' am leader of a pathfinder group. for me it's not that question to help in such sitiuations. It's an easy thing.
I've more problems with avoiding-a-crime-situation for we live in a society where nearly everyone looks away.
if there's a man beating his wife who wants to believe it. Or knowing if a person really needs help when demanding for it.
There a too many cases I don't help. And if I do, I feel really lonely doing it.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 23:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would give the wallet back for sure,and it kind of already hapened, this one time this woman dropped a bunch of cash, and I could have easilly stolen 20 bucks right there but I didn't and i helped her pick it up.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 00:51   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

In general, the self-worth we affirm by helping others is more valuable to us than what we would gain if we did not help them. It sounds cold when I say it that way, but that is the root of the idea. If my family were starving and I found a wallet with a few 20s in it, would I alert the owner and return it? I don't really know. The ability to be kind and generous is a luxury I can afford and one that I am very thankful for.

Helping others is a hard concept sometimes. By giving of yourself, you sometimes take something intangible away from those you are trying to help. In time, they may come to resent you for it. All of us have our pride in some form or another, and few people would choose to rely solely on the aid of others. It is something to keep in mind, if ever you start to feel that your efforts on behalf of others are not appreciated.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 01:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd give the wallet back without taking the money...i get so guilty and id just pocket it probaly then start going feeling really bad then id end up handing it back saying this money fell out.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 02:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd deffinetly give the wallet back. I know what it's like to be in a bad situation and would like people to help me.
(Karma or somthin&#39
(no, not for me, just the what goes around comes around stuff)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRG
Old orks never die. They just get scooped up into rubbish bins and are forced to continue in battle.
What is this evil called RRG? Find out:http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=5521.0

Please visit my Forum site
http://www.freeforum101.com/leblanc/index.php?mforum=leblanc
Closed Thread