Warhammer 40K Forum

Garbage posting
Closed Thread
Old 28 Aug 2005, 20:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Garbage posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
ShadowDeth, I would like to post to you how I imagined your internal monologue would sound as I read this:

"Oh no! I can't prove he was wrong! I'll have to repeated hammer home on a minor, and ultimately inconsequential point until he conceeds, at which point I will have proven him utterly wrong! It doesn't matter he was wrong on an irrelevant point, just that I am right and he's not!"

Now, do we have enough talent to read between the lines here, or do I have to make my intentions so painfully clear people in the Ork board will feel it?
The thing is, I can easily prove his point wrong. I just have to wait for his examples which he hasn't produced yet. Anyone can make the claim "anime isn't almost entirely Japanese influenced", but I'm ready and willing to provide examples or any other data he needs. Now I realize i've proven you wrong many times now wargamer, but you really don't have to start making personal attacks - unprovoked I might add. You'd think you would show more neutrality being a moderator.

Especially when he was like "Oh I didn't have to read your internet research"...blah blah blah.

You know why I didn't have to read your research? It was irrelevant to my points, and what I was responding to. I have no issues with your comparisons between Tau society, and Roman society, but to claim for a second that the entire concept of their armor, weapons, mechs and asian features/mannerisms wasn't lifted directly from the east is ridiculous.

Feel free to ignore my last post, or any of the points I've made though. I realize you don't want to start discussing anime influences or what is predominantly featured as cultural reference points.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 28 Aug 2005, 20:51   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Garbage posting

It seems my words are wasted on those without the intellect to understand them...

See those blue/white stars? That means I'm a GMod.

That post means I think you're trying to flamebait people.

Put the two together. Considering the recent hard-line stance on spamming, you'll regret it if you don't get the right answer. Are we all clear on the subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 28 Aug 2005, 20:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Garbage posting

Quote:
It seems my words are wasted on those without the intellect to understand them...

See those blue/white stars? That means I'm a GMod.

That post means I think you're trying to flamebait people.

Put the two together. Considering the recent hard-line stance on spamming, you'll regret it if you don't get the right answer. Are we all clear on the subject?
That's very interesting Wargamer. Calling me a stupid person without the ability to understand that you're insulting me isn't "flamebaiting"? Yet, arguing a point is apparently.

Old 28 Aug 2005, 20:56   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Garbage posting

...there's a few words of advice I give to my sister about three times a week when she is clearly about to give a retaliatory comment to our parents after she has been critisied... words which she never listens too. Perhaps you will:

learn when to shut up.

Take it to PM, or take it up with someone higher/equal position to myself... don't carry it on and kill the topic.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 28 Aug 2005, 21:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Garbage posting

What a beautiful trainwreck this has become. To think, a simple little question of 'what do you think inspired Tau' sparked a virtual civil war.

One more off-topic response, I lock it.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 21:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Garbage posting

Quote:
...there's a few words of advice I give to my sister about three times a week when she is clearly about to give a retaliatory comment to our parents after she has been critisied... words which she never listens too. Perhaps you will:

learn when to shut up.

Take it to PM, or take it up with someone higher/equal position to myself... don't carry it on and kill the topic.
I don't wish to kill this thread. I've read it, noticed a few posts I had issues with and I attempted to start discussing it with the poster in question. And then rook comes back, completely ignoring anything I may have posted in contrast to his opinion or points, mocks me - and then you join in. You seem to selectively remember what you have posted, and then attempt to flip it right back at me. When I post an opinion that isn't popular or is slightly abrasive, it's villian time
When you start DIRECTLY attacking posters, myself included, that's just you being a GMOD.

Drop the attitude buddy, I don't need your internet power trip.

Old 28 Aug 2005, 21:08   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Garbage posting

Smited, as you were just told, in no uncertain terms, that one more off-topic post would result in topic lock. Therefore, you are trolling/flaming with intent to ruin a thread.

As I have stated numerous times to people like you, if you have a problem, take it up (via PM) with myself, or another GMod, or Tau Online himself.

Quote:
Closed Thread